Rizzi To Interview For Miami Hc Position | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rizzi To Interview For Miami Hc Position

The more I think about this, the more I realize that it could be the perfect hire.

We want to tank in 2019, right? Give Rizzi a year. If he stinks, that's great, and at least he will be very, very entertaining in the process.

If he turns out to be a good coach? Score!

The more I think about this, the more I realize that it could be the perfect hire.

We want to tank in 2019, right? Give Rizzi a year. If he stinks, that's great, and at least he will be very, very entertaining in the process.

If he turns out to be a good coach? Score!
What if......we get another 8-8?

The make or break for Rizzi is who he can bring along with him. He might be the fall back guy, but if he can get a very good crew together he might leap to the front if the others cannot.

The make or break for Rizzi is who he can bring along with him. He might be the fall back guy, but if he can get a very good crew together he might leap to the front if the others cannot.

The OC and DC choices for any of these hires will make or break them all. Has Rizzi worked with any good OC prospects in the past? I can't recall any off the top of my head. I could see him bringing in Bowles at DC as a possibility. Curious who he would have in mind at OC.

The OC and DC choices for any of these hires will make or break them all. Has Rizzi worked with any good OC prospects in the past? I can't recall any off the top of my head. I could see him bringing in Bowles at DC as a possibility. Curious who he would have in mind at OC.
I’m pretty sure Rizzi was coaching at a tiny college before the Dolphins hired him.

I always liked Rizzi and the fact he took being a special-teams coach seriously. I also liked his fire when he would get pissed because someone didn't do their job. Part of me likes this but part of me just wants any connection of past regimes gone!

Ironically the most connected candidate may be Rizzi, particularly on D...

He's coached with Mike Nolan (DC at the time, now LB coach at NO), Todd Bowles (secondary), Kacy Rodgers (D line). All 3 have been successful DCs and, in the case of Bowles and Nolan have HC experience. A D staff with a core of those 3 could be solid.

He's potentially less connected on O, but did coach with Zac Taylor who is QB coach at the Rams and is interviewing for HC vacancies. Could be a good OC candidate after spending time with McVay.

Back
Top Bottom