Rizzi To Interview For Miami Hc Position | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rizzi To Interview For Miami Hc Position

They might hire Rizzi as a one and done caretaker to oversee a painful rebuilding year with no long-term QB solution. Just throw him out there and see if he can get them to at least play competitively. If they’re bad but trending upwards, keep him around. If it’s just more Gase-ball, move on again in 2020 when the next big thing can be hired and draft the QB of his choosing.

the team's position was that he was 100% responsible for all college scouting and drafting and had final say on all draft picks.

that's what i'm going by.

i have no idea who was responsible for every free agent signing or trade.

although i loved the wilson signing, the sitton signing, the quinn trade, the hayes signing (twice). kilgore i could have done without.

So you think it's possible Gase wanted to move down for Jackson, but Grier overrode him? (example only) I doubt it. Grier RAN the draft, but blaming him for the specific picks is inaccurate

i would hate to be the one to break it to him if he doesn't get the job.

Stephen Ross: Coach we regret to inform you we are going in another direction...
Darren Rizzi:
unknown.jpeg

I laughed at this move at first, but I've opened up to it a little more. All of these potential candidates are crap shoots at this point. Rizzi actually has HC experience, and has been virtually HCing this team for awhile I feel like (handling many of the responsibilities).

The big question/problem will be who he could get as his coordinators and staff. The same area that helped cost Gase his job. Rizzi has only really worked for Miami that I know of, so not sure how many connections he has out there. I would think he may struggle to assemble a staff. However, if he could manage to lock up Bowles at DC I would much more inclined to give him a shot.

Does anyone know is his background more offense or defense? All I know of is ST, not sure which side of the ball he coached on before that.

Rizzi appeared to be the only coach that was making the players accountable for their actions and missed assignments on the field this year. Plus Rizzi every 2 years or so has been expected to rebuild the special teams with new kickers and has done a outstanding job. He definitely needs to be paid very very well to stay even if he is not head coach material. Keep Rizzi imo.

Sure fire way to fix an crap organization, promote form within the front office and hire form within on the coaching staff. Only the Dolphins would be capable of such a plan.

Rizzi got toasted by the Pats this year and his prior HC record (albeit years ago ) is poor...

We don't need another Peter Principal dude IMO

No problem here with Rizzi, the guy shows the type of fire and expectation you saw from Shula. If anything, the team under him would be far more disciplined, and more aware of their play.

We would not have many dumb mistakes or players taking plays off.

Rizzi is the one constant so far from HC to HC.

I understand that he's amongst the best at his position.

However, I think it's time for a change to solidify the change in regime.

Call me strange but I think his constant presence, psychologically, represents "the same."

Say what you will about Rizzi but he's a survivor and by all accounts the special teams unit was Miami best area.

As much as I like Rizzi. I think it’s time to go back to finding a coach with previous head coaching experience.

Whether Rizzi gets the job or not remains to be seen. But one thing is for sure, if you believe what's been written about, Rizzi having a lot of support amongst organization personnel and players, it could very well lead him to being the next HC. The players appear ready to play for this guy. I'm just as fearful as all of the fans who doubt Rizzi. But he is a very well prepared position coach, learned what it takes to be a HC in his time as Assistant HC. So there are reasons to like him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom