Root for Joe Burrow | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Root for Joe Burrow

Funny seeing as jb helped get this thread moved with his name calling. His "lol" and "lmao" make me question his maturity on top of it.

I'm obviously behind the curve on this one... For the record,

is "LOL" and "LMAO" now regarded as immature? I've been told

by the authorities such acronyms and emoticons such as :lol:

actually help diffuse potential hostilities by conveying

a degree of non-confrontation with an accent on

(gentle yet affirmative) sarcasm?

>> insert LOL face <<<

I do have a question for all the gurus here. One thing that maybe we don't talk about enough when trying to evaluate how QB's will do in the NFL is, can they bring their team back from behind in the last quarter after being down? Now the problem I see with that is that when you have top QB's playing for top teams in college they don't normally have to bring their team back cause most of the time they're winning by the end of the first quarter. Lets face it, the top QB's playing for top teams don't lose more than one game a year in college if that. Now I'm not going to blame guys like Tua, Burrow or any of them for the fact their teams are going and are ahead most of the time. But my questions is this.......is there anyway to to tell how a QB would do in the NFL once their team is down in the last quarter? How about if they're down by 14 points with 7 minutes to go? Most of these guys never had to worry about that for more than one or two games in their college careers.

Anyway, I just wanted to know how do teams normally go about that when evaluating QB's knowing that the sample is so small as to them having to bring a team back from being down.

I'm obviously behind the curve on this one... For the record,

is "LOL" and "LMAO" now regarded as immature? I've been told

by the authorities such acronyms and emoticons such as :lol:

actually help diffuse potential hostilities by conveying

a degree of non-confrontation with an accent on

(gentle yet affirmative) sarcasm?

>> insert LOL face <<<

When you name call and follow it up with juvenile retorts, it doesnt add up to debate. It's just gutter nonsense.

Enjoy.

Did you dislike Peyton Manning because he couldn’t beat Florida? Who the frack did Aron Rodgers or Patrick Mahomes beat in college?

Show me where any of those got shutout at home. Not that LSU lost but the fact the offense was completely neutered

I do have a question for all the gurus here. One thing that maybe we don't talk about enough when trying to evaluate how QB's will do in the NFL is, can they bring their team back from behind in the last quarter after being down? Now the problem I see with that is that when you have top QB's playing for top teams in college they don't normally have to bring their team back cause most of the time they're winning by the end of the first quarter. Lets face it, the top QB's playing for top teams don't lose more than one game a year in college if that. Now I'm not going to blame guys like Tua, Burrow or any of them for the fact their teams are going and are ahead most of the time. But my questions is this.......is there anyway to to tell how a QB would do in the NFL once their team is down in the last quarter? How about if they're down by 14 points with 7 minutes to go? Most of these guys never had to worry about that for more than one or two games in their college careers.

Anyway, I just wanted to know how do teams normally go about that when evaluating QB's knowing that the sample is so small as to them having to bring a team back from being down.

Well Tua brought his team back from 13 down in the biggest game of the year. The national championship game. As a freshman. Say that's a feather in his cap.

Wish I could say the same for Burrow but he was a backup for three years and shriveled in his big game last year. Scoring zero points. He got this year to do something.

Well Tua brought his team back from 13 down in the biggest game of the year. The national championship game. As a freshman. Say that's a feather in his cap.

Wish I could say the same for Burrow but he was a backup for three years and shriveled in his big game last year. Scoring zero points. He got this year to do something.
So you feel that a ONE game sample is all you need?

So you feel that a ONE game sample is all you need?

He's only lost one game. so I only got two data points haha 50% not bad

Doing it in the national championship game shows be he has the nuts. Really all I need to see.

Back
Top Bottom