Running and defense wins championships | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running and defense wins championships

how many people had confidence that Jimmy G would drive that offense down the field and score when needed? I sure didn’t.

I pretty well knew it was over when KC took the lead and time was fairly scarce. It's not even Jimmy G's fault, that's just not how their offense is constructed. They are a running and play-action team and the hurry-up is not their specialty. They have Samuels and Kittles but that's about it. Sanders is not what he once was.

49ers simply needed to be more aggresive. They lost the game when they decided 10-10 at the half was a favorable situation for them. Delusional...
This is spot on.....even Lynch who was up in the skybox was motioning for a time out. Reminded me of Philbin up in Buffalo about 5 years ago.

Was it really out of the ordinary? Shanahan is the coach.

I just found it amusing that he stated that he was going to continue to call an aggressive game until the end because he learned from the 28-3 Falcons - NE disaster.

49ers simply needed to be more aggresive. They lost the game when they decided 10-10 at the half was a favorable situation for them. Delusional...
It was a sure indicator that Shanahan disrespected KC offensive punch and Lynch seemed to understand that - everyone in my house was yelling time out!

My take is different than many. Shanahan has cost his teams two super bowls by trying to pass when he should have run the ball. They don't have the game changing TO/sack against NE and I think they control the clock in 4Q against KC. They ran four times in the 4th quarter yesterday...they should have run the ball, then run the ball, then run the ball more. After that, they should have run the ball. That's what they are built for and how they could have won...

Seeing how he played at the end of the game when they needed to lean on his arm, we can see that’s true.

They didn't even necessarily need to lean on his arm though. There were back to back drives, before KC took the lead where SF ran the ball on first down and ended up in 2nd and 5 then decided top pass 2 straight times and ended up punting. If I'm getting 5 yards a pop I keep doing it. At least run on 2nd down and bleed the clock. SF was consistently running into 8 and 9 man fronts and winning. Shanny out smarted himself.

Back
Top Bottom