Same Old Dolphins! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Same Old Dolphins!

So, which *WINNING* HC coach that *YOU* approve of was available? Other than an occasional retirement, the *ONLY* proven HCs on the market are there because they were *FIRED* and replaced.

Also, doesn't your logic mean that McVay et al. was a terrible hire too?

I said... Richard was more experienced as a coordinator...more accomplished...and had success at two teams.

Flores has one year...not the defensive coordinator technically... the defense was poor.

Bruce Arians was one I liked...MCCarthy would have been a better choice.

But I wanted a young guy... I just clearly saw Richard as the guy who was ready....Flores is not ready.

Flores admitted in an interview that he wasn’t ready to call a defense...we all saw why...now he’s ready to be head coach?...lol

Ross finally know what he is doing. He needs to tank the 2019 season to get his franchise QB in 2020. What better way than giving Geir full control and let him hire an inexperience, questionable defensive coach from the Billicheat tree.....brilliant.

No I agree...this resume and results feels like a wrong hire to me though.

If he had come in during his one years calling the defense as a linebackers coach and kicked ***...I would be hopeful.

They had the worst run defense in 45 years of Patriot history under Flores...think about that.

They registered only 30 sacks... not good!

Richard had the number one defense leading the legion of boom as a defensive coordinator...not a linebacker coach.

On his third year... they slipped to 13 with noted injuries... still respectable none the less.

According to Simon...via conversation with Cliff Avril...he left Seattle to spread his wings...he had been with Carroll since USC.

So what happens?...He goes to Dallas as DB coach... he’s so impressive Marinelli let’s him call the defense...the defense kicks ***!

This is an obvious mistake to me... but time will tell...the Dolphins track record has not been good...so I don’t have any faith in a guy who called a defense for one year... didn’t do a great job..Belichek didn’t feel he earned the defensive coordinator title...the Dolphins make a 37 year old who isn’t ready...head coach!

Its no secret that Im not a fan of the hire, but I'm not willing to pin the failures OR successes of the Patriots defense this year on to Flores. As far as I can see, that is still BB's handiwork.

As far as his culpability for the personnel he had on the field for a single play (Gronk in the Miami Miracle), I dont really care. It was one fluke play that they apparently practiced and Gronk was made a part of that package. Not a big deal to me at all.

As far as Richard is concerned, I can't say, only speculate. Perhaps we found something unflattering in his past that the organization wanted to avoid? Or maybe we reached out to him and he told us that he prefered to stay in Dallas if they gave him a promotion?

No, I'm not happy, most of us arent. I did most of my venting last night, and I hope to never go into "I told you so" mode.

Best we can do now, is just hope Flores pans out and we are all proven wrong! (Assuming he even signs with us, lol)

Like you said brother, Time will tell.

Its no secret that Im not a fan of the hire, but I'm not willing to pin the failures OR successes of the Patriots defense this year on to Flores. As far as I can see, that is still BB's handiwork.

As far as his culpability for the personnel he had on the field for a single play (Gronk in the Miami Miracle), I dont really care. It was one fluke play that they apparently practiced and Gronk was made a part of that package. Not a big deal to me at all.

As far as Richard is concerned, I can't say, only speculate. Perhaps we found something unflattering in his past that the organization wanted to avoid? Or maybe we reached out to him and he told us that he prefered to stay in Dallas if they gave him a promotion?

No, I'm not happy, most of us arent. I did most of my venting last night, and I hope to never go into "I told you so" mode.

Best we can do now, is just hope Flores pans out and we are all proven wrong! (Assuming he even signs with us, lol)

Like you said brother, Time will tell.

I never mentioned Gronkowski..Whatever..a mistake but not the end of the world.

I’m talking about the linebackers coach.. running and calling the defense having the worst run defense in 45 years for the Patriots...1973...that is not a glowing endorsement of a coordinator... not to mention head coach.

I’m not impressed...I’m not hopeful...I expect better results than that from a young coach if your going to make him a head coach!

I’m talking about the linebackers coach.. running and calling the defense having the worst run defense in 45 years for the Patriots...1973...that is not a glowing endorsement of a coordinator... not to mention head coach.

I’m not impressed...I’m not hopeful...I expect better results than that from a young coach if your going to make him a head coach!

I hear ya. The Gronk thing wasnt directed to you, but alot has been made of it since I last posted, so I threw it in there. My bad.

The good news with this hire (im just looking for a silver lining here) is that this guy doesnt pretend to be the gospel on any particular area of the game. Sounds like he might have an open mind, and be open to changes in plans that arent working well.

I thought I read somewhere that the Pats defense improved this year after Patricia left? Did Chambers post that somewhere? I dunno, like I said, just trying to find some silver linings here.

What do you call a 37 year old... who isn’t officially a coordinator...who call the defense for one season with poor results...worst run defense in 45 years for the Patriots?

You call that experienced?...Accomplished?

If thats all he was sure. But he has over 11 years of NFL experience.

You are making a massive oversimplification of a guys career but if it makes you feel better to vent - carry on.

I hear ya. The Gronk thing wasnt directed to you, but alot has been made of it since I last posted, so I threw it in there. My bad.

The good news with this hire (im just looking for a silver lining here) is that this guy doesnt pretend to be the gospel on any particular area of the game. Sounds like he might have an open mind, and be open to changes in plans that arent working well.

I thought I read somewhere that the Pats defense improved this year after Patricia left? Did Chambers post that somewhere? I dunno, like I said, just trying to find some silver linings here.

Again... worst Patriot run defense since 1973...improved?

If thats all he was sure. But he has over 11 years of NFL experience.

You are making a massive oversimplification of a guys career but if it makes you feel better to vent - carry on.

Hey...it’s great he cross trained... he’s great he was with the Patriots...even though The Belichek coaching tree hasn’t done well.

But you normally start assessing Head coaching material at the coordinator level(something he never officially held the title too), or head coach at a lower level.

Rizzi was more Ready!

Just a quick question, Did you have any idea who Flores or Richard were before our coaching search? I did not. But I gravitated towards Richard more than Flores. And I was a little disappointed , like you, when we heard yesterday that its Flores. That being said, really illogical for most, to be saying its a terrible hire. We all have absolutely no idea how this turns out. Only advice is to see the staff he hires and watch him coach......and then be disappointed.

Just a quick question, Did you have any idea who Flores or Richard were before our coaching search? I did not. But I gravitated towards Richard more than Flores. And I was a little disappointed , like you, when we heard yesterday that its Flores. That being said, really illogical for most, to be saying its a terrible hire. We all have absolutely no idea how this turns out. Only advice is to see the staff he hires and watch him coach......and then be disappointed.

I can only assess a coaching prospect on his results...Flores called signals for one year and had a monumentally bad run defense and poor pass rush.

To base a coaching hire strictly on an interview seems Like a bad way to do it... if your ignoring nothing significant on his record to suggest he is good.

Do you always call people you disagree with liars? How does that work with your spouse?

You are correct, if you ignore: not hiring the "hot hand" that has flamed out for us 4 in a row; putting an actual football guy in charge instead of a lawyer or business guy (the fact that you don't like his choice doesn't change the fact that this *is* different from the last 4 times); and apparently actually interviewed people, and while we won't know how it's all going to work out for us for a couple of years, the person who did best is getting job instead of just going after "their guy". All in all, that's a big and positive set of changes.

I'll believe you actually believe this when I see your post about firing McVay, Peterson, et al. Is hiring a HC without HC experience a risk. *YES*. But, if what Ross said in the interview is true, then it also offers the possibility of long term stability.

Which experienced, available, AND willing to work for us HC offers the possibility of a 10+ coach and a stable FO?

1. Griers job is on the line with this hire. So, if you are so damned sure that Grier should have been fired *and* his HC choice is bad, you should be posting how happy you are, because if you are correct, in 2 years, we really will clean house, only with a bunch of fire round picks stockpiled for the next set of guys.

2. There is a big difference between a business acquaintance and friend. Are you suggesting he should rule out everyone he knows?

It's a football team that you watch on TV occasionally. You don't own it, so why do you and everyone else care so damned much?

Hell, I look at these moves as a huge positive: If they work, I can finally feel good about this very weird emotional attachment to a brand (after all, I became a fan when I was a kid 40+ years ago and the only thing that's the same between now and then is the damned name); same middling performance and I get a bunch of time back during the football season since I'm not watching games; they well and truly suck and might eventually get better before I die, which leads back to #1
You can disagree with me if you want to but don't bring my family into this.

I can only assess a coaching prospect on his results...Flores called signals for one year and had a monumentally bad run defense and poor pass rush.

To base a coaching hire strictly on an interview seems Like a bad way to do it... if your ignoring nothing significant on his record to suggest he is good.
As for the Patriots defense they are (again) in the top 10 of points allowed. They're 4th in scoring drive percentage. They're 4th in turnover percentage. They're 3rd in fewest 1st downs given up by Penalty. Led the NFL in unblocked pressures, which to me is a direct reflection on play calling. This is from CK, I think you need to look a bit deeper at this defense before you dismiss his work there

They were 11th in the NFL against the run...Far from monumentally bad..

Back
Top Bottom