Should We Panic? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should We Panic?

He wasn't even the worst of the bunch. And he was awful. Has a QB ever looked as lost as John Beck? That physically hurt to watch.
My god, you're right. Lemon was 1-6 as a starter with 8 td and 7 picks. Rating of 71.8. Beck was somehow worse. 0-7 as a starter with 3 tds and 7 picks. Rating of 67.6.

I didn't think it was worse than Ms. Cleo but I stand corrected. God, those were tough years.

I only repeated what you said. Why would you object to that?
This has devolved enough. Sorry if my low win prediction offended you. I'm a huge fan and have supported this team for years but don't see this year as our year and will leave it at that. I won't celebrate our losses this year or say I told ya so. I'm hoping for the best but expecting mediocrity. See ya week 1 :) #finsup

This has devolved enough. Sorry if my low win prediction offended you. I'm a huge fan and have supported this team for years but don't see this year as our year and will leave it at that. I won't celebrate our losses this year or say I told ya so. I'm hoping for the best but expecting mediocrity. See ya week 1 :) #finsup

Well said.

In hindsight, I should have simply disagreed with your original prediction. You are entitled to it. I predict 9-7 or 10-6 if the offense gets in sync early. I do think it is too early to have strong convictions over a prediction. I hope I am off by 6 or 7 wins and you are off by 9 wins.

#Finsup

Brother if you want to be negative fine. Some of us want to see who has improved and who will fight there way on to this roster and make the team better for it. If you are so disgusted with the team, there is 31 other teams to root for. If things don't significantly change for the better up swing I am sure there will be changes. I am still here as a fan since 1970. Have a great day!
John

My favorite reaction from a fanatic to a realistic fan.

Jnozag is being rational. Not negative. There’s a difference. Fanatics always take it as negative though. When I hear Vegas has them at 3 wins I research why. When fans punch their ticket to the playoffs I also research why. I came away thinking they’re an 8-8 team. That’s also from watching them play the last 30 years. They have some bright spots like their secondary. Some above avg spots like RB, QB, and WR (no legit WR1 that opposing teams have to tie up parts of their week scheming for). But their o-line is avg to below avg. LB avg to below avg. DL avg to below avg. no elite players at any of those positions. The AFC is tough. Teams they play had an overall record right at 500 last year.

I never used the word disgusted and I do think our team is better and I have hope for the future, just not this year. We had another good draft and cutting pouncey and Suh we're the right moves. But watching us draft good players is meaningless if we don't resign them. We made the playoffs and didn't build upon that roster but instead traded the players that lead us there, that we drafted. It's extremely frustrating to watch us regress when we've had such limited success instead of build upon it.

Exactly! Boom

I’m sorry this is off topic, but it’s an important point that fans should take note. Teams have to build through the draft, develop their youth and resign the good ones. Miami isn’t building this way. In 1-2 years they’ll be looking for a G, C, DE, LB, and WR that opposing Ds have to game plan against. If they resign the good players they drafted, then they’d have the luxury of only signing above avg and high character FAs on the 2nd contract that fit their culture and what they do. The rookie contracts are so inexpensive, it allows teams to overspend on these sort of players on their 2nd contract.

Cant be tied down by plug and play guys on inflated contracts, that won’t be around in 1-3 years to contribute to their build. An extra 2 mil per year spent on 10 players is 20 mil per year that could go toward resigning homegrown talent.

Last edited:
You'll tell me I'm wrong but won't your prediction. Weak dude.
Dude, you just going to take on the whole forum in this thread, huh?

tenor.gif

Exactly! Boom

I’m sorry this is off topic, but it’s an important point that fans should take note. Teams have to build through the draft, develop their youth and resign the good ones. Miami isn’t building this way. In 1-2 years they’ll be looking for a G, C, DE, LB, and WR that opposing Ds have to game plan against. If they resign the good players they drafted, then they’d have the luxury of only signing above avg and high character FAs on the 2nd contract that fit their culture and what they do. The rookie contracts are so inexpensive, it allows teams to overspend on these sort of players on their 2nd contract.

Cant be tied down by plug and play guys on inflated contracts, that won’t be around in 1-3 years to contribute to their build. An extra 2 mil per year spent on 10 players is 20 mil per year that could go toward resigning homegrown talent.
How is Miami building? By my count 18 out of 22 starters are draftees.
edit: sorry, 17. Counted Stills as a draftee but he is one of those high-character, 2nd contract guys

2CDAAFBB-B6A7-4748-97B6-1F86E1EC0564.png DCEBA79B-3746-441B-A542-AFFD0D19C6FD.png
edit: sorry, 17. Counted Stills as a draftee but he is one of those high-character, 2nd contract guys

Of course they still have the players they drafted under their 1st contract. Not resigning the good ones here. Lots of bad picks too, but that’s a different argument.

I’m only coming up with 12. 6 on both sides.

View attachment 12736 View attachment 12735

Of course they still have the players they drafted under their 1st contract. Not resigning the good ones here. Lots of bad picks too, but that’s a different argument.

Why you showing the drafts from a failed GM and HC.

The past 2 drafts have been stellar in terms of value and impact (potentially impact I should say) players. The only player on the list that deserved a 2nd contract was Tannehill and his was well below market value for QBs.

Some can argue Landry, but I’m not trying to tie resources up to a guy that doesn’t break a defense down or demand the type of respect from defensive coaches weekly. Maybe Parker can but I doubt that as well.

Back
Top Bottom