Should We Panic? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should We Panic?

So if you're playing roulette and it lands on black three times in a row, its more likely to land on black the next spin?
bad analogy, there are only 2 outcomes in that scenario and no expertise is required.
better analogy: you lose 3 hands in a row playing poker on a full table in Vegas, what's more likely going to happen with the next deal?

So if you're playing roulette and it lands on black three times in a row, its more likely to land on black the next spin?

Seriously? Are you comparing your ability to predict with random chance? LOL? Probably appropriate, although I suspect your odds are quite a bit lower than 50/50.

bad analogy, there are only 2 outcomes in that scenario and no expertise is required.
better analogy: you lose 3 hands in a row playing poker on a full table in Vegas, what's more likely going to happen with the next deal?
Better analgy: even a broken clock is right twice a day. It's not a crazy bet to say we're shitty this year.

And there really only are two outcomes: we make the playoffs or we don't. Which do you think will happen?

And there really only are two outcomes: we make the playoffs or we don't. Which do you think will happen?

While the playoffs are not a given like if we were lets say New England, I don't think its outside the realm of possibility that we get in. New teams make it every year and some teams that made it last year won't make it this year.

I think the surest bet with this team is the offense will be improved if Tannehill is healthy all year. This is a given in my opinion but the national media is all about fantasy football and name recognition and unfortunately for Ryan, like it or not, his name is recognized for a torn ACL and he hasn't been good enough fantasy wise to be recognized. There are likely some really lost folks who think Jay Cutler is a better QB and we will be worse with Ryan. Anyway my expectation or prediction is the offense will be much better, good with just the return of Ryan, very good if Parker plays closer to his potential and even better if the rookie TE's can flourish early. If Gesicki can be a quick study we have a huge mismatch piece to play with. I think we're asking a lot of the rookie TE's though, it's a tough spot to play and there have been much more high profile guys who have come into the league and not been big factors right away. I admit if Ryan goes down we're dead.

Defensively I expect the DE group to be very good, the secondary should be improved I'm hopeful the LB's will also improve. The group looks more gifted but will it translate? Kiko Alonso still in primary nickel scares me. He was always chasing last year, there was some ugly stuff. Many times I felt he was beaten by one cut and out run. Is McMillan good enough to be the other nickel backer? Supposedly coverage is his weakness which doesn't bode well. If he's a 2 down player we will be relying on Anthony, who is assignment based or a rookie in Baker. Not sure how this will play out. Also losing Suh hurts whether we want to admit it or not. The DT group doesn't suck but we lost an ELITE player.

Still say this team is closer to the playoffs than a 3 win team barring injury of course. If we lost Tannehill early in the year you never know. I say ceiling is 10-6/11-5 and floor is same ole same ole 7-9/8-8.

You two geniuses are quick to tell me I'm wrong and won't offer your predictions for a win total.
I think they asked you for your predictions first and you haven't provided anything except snide remark's.

I THINK Thill will be better this year. More time with the same offense and a better OL.
I THINK the offense is faster and has more weapons.
I THINK the OL is better because they will have multiple snaps together before the season starts (a big disadvantage last year with Pouncey).
I am not sure what to THINK about the defense. Suh is gone, but we were not good with him. We have two new LBers in McMillan (0games played last year) and Baker. Two new safety’s in TJ (only 8 games Last year) and Fitzpatrick.
Who knows what injuries await which teams. Which rookie is a bigger factor than expected.
My prediction is 7 wins for sure with maybe 11 if injuries are minimal, some players play above expectation, and a few game breaks ( like San Diego last year).

Back
Top Bottom