Should We Panic? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should We Panic?

Question is, has Gase gotten these guys to buy in?

If so, we’re good.

If not, no amount of talent will help.
This is the key right here. The Fins have some talent but the real question is will the team do what it takes and run through a wall for Gase. Team chemistry is vital for team success.

This team won 6 games with Cutler and a bunch of guys not bought in, drama permeating the franchise yet again, and a seemingly lost locker room.

If RT stays healthy and the team buys in, no way in hell is it worse than six wins.

Keep drinking the koolaid bro. Mix contents of pack with 2 quarts water and 1 cup sugar and drink until you think your team is good.

Please point me to your accurate predictions. I am not "guaranteeing" anything, you are. It is perfectly reasonable to challenge the accuracy of your past predictions to determine the validity of your current prediction.

McMillan and Fitzpatrick are destined to be in the hall of fame....at least until they step onto the field and play a down of football.

They may both turn out to be fantastic players, but its hard to see a defense reliant on players with so little experience being even average. To me it seems like so many things have to go the Dolphin's way in order for this defense to stop anyone. Counting on all the kids to get better and the injured to all regain form seems like a fools errand.

Not necessarily true. Every year for every team a few young guys step up.

Jacksonville for example is a team to try to emulate. A bunch of young guys stepped up at key spots. Same for Philly.

If you want a great team then guys you invested in have to step up and contribute right away at a high level. The defense has 2 guys who can do that at 2 key spots. MLB and FS.

Please point me to your accurate predictions. I am not "guaranteeing" anything, you are. It is perfectly reasonable to challenge the accuracy of your past predictions to determine the validity of your current prediction.
That's not really how it works. Past predictions are meaningless, regardless if I have been right or wrong. But I'm usually optimistic about our team. This year, I'm not.

Couldn't care less what the so called experts say. I see a team that had to go through a disastrous 2017 season while winning 6 games. I see an improved roster along with the team getting their starting QB back. So what the people at ESPN, Sports Illustrated and the like say, I believe ESPN was <50% in their predictions last season doubt that Sports Illustrated any better , doesn't mean a thing to me.

Agreed, all these "analysts" do is look at who is "gone" from the roster and who was "added," and base their assumptions on that. Doubt any put real work into seeing how these pieces fit as a whole, or take into account ascending young players. I think a lot of people on here actually have a better grasp of the dolphins than most professional analysts do. Which is why I will be putting a big bet in on the dolphins over season bet this year. Of course that all rides on Tannehill staying healthy.

That's not really how it works. Past predictions are meaningless, regardless if I have been right or wrong. But I'm usually optimistic about our team. This year, I'm not.
If your past predictions are wrong your current viewpoint is probably wrong, too

If your past predictions are wrong your current viewpoint is probably wrong, too
LOL.......that's not how it works.
If past predictions don't matter or mean anything, then the same thing should be said about the teams past performances. Ignore them, they don't matter.

LOL. Past predictions are meaningless...... so are current predictions.

Not necessarily true. Every year for every team a few young guys step up.

Jacksonville for example is a team to try to emulate. A bunch of young guys stepped up at key spots. Same for Philly.

If you want a great team then guys you invested in have to step up and contribute right away at a high level. The defense has 2 guys who can do that at 2 key spots. MLB and FS.

I do like both players and hope they'll be the foundation of this defense in the years to come. The problem is that both are being asked as rookies to excel at their position. If McMillan isn't a very good 3 down linebacker the front 7 is going to struggle. If Fitzpatrick can't be a centerfield safety the passing defense will suffer from the same issues it had last season.

Its a lot to ask from a first year player.

I do like both players and hope they'll be the foundation of this defense in the years to come. The problem is that both are being asked as rookies to excel at their position. If McMillan isn't a very good 3 down linebacker the front 7 is going to struggle. If Fitzpatrick can't be a centerfield safety the passing defense will suffer from the same issues it had last season.

It's A LOT to ask. You can say that again.

It’s a hell of a lot to ask from him, but he did it day one for the most complex college scheme and succeeded. I see no reason why the kid who puts in work like Zach Thomas won’t succeed early.

Back
Top Bottom