Should We Panic? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should We Panic?

It’s June.

The only panic I have right now is did I pack enough underwear for my vacation. Welp off to Walmart I go!!

game-over-man-game-over-1-730x430.jpg

Yes.

Not because I’m worried about the ‘Phins. Do it because I’m bored and it’s entertaining watching grown ass men act like 14 year old girls who just got dumped by their first boyfriend.

Probably one of the above will happen. We've started the season with better rosters. Up the middle on D is our biggest concern. I think OL isn't as great as everyone likes to believe, which will lead to mediocre qb play and we don't have the weapons to compensate. I think 3 is low, but we haven't made any moves to get us above the 6-8 win range we've been stuck in for the last decade.

Disagree. Though I will grant you that the O-line may not be as fixed as we think or hope, it should be at worse as good as last year, or it may be better, either way, it's a win, because as I always said, Tannehill really does not need an all world O-line, just an O-line that is solid.

Miami's passing game might be even better, even though we lost Landry, because though we lost a very good receiver, we got back two very smart, and very capable receivers, Parker is also supposedly working his butt off (With the talent he has, this is great news), add to that Grant becoming a dangerous weapon, and Miami getting two quality TEs in the draft, this is a better Pass-offense then last year.

The running game with the addition of Gore, and the draft of Ballage, along with the continued growth of Drake, will be without doubt a much better, more consistent running team.

The biggest tell point on how good the team will be falls on Tannehill, and all indication are he is healthy, and if Tannehill is healthy, this offense will be fun to watch...unless your the fan of the opponent's defense that has to stop them.

Last year this LB squad was pretty inconsistent at best, but this coming year McMillan will be making his debut in the middle, if there is one thing we can at least predict with him that will no doubt make this team better, he is a very smart, driven young player, he is a leader, and that alone will help the defense considerably. A lot of fans have a problem with Kiko Alonzo, but there is a reason why the coaching staff like him a lot, because he can play, he just can't do it alone, and when he tries, he is bad in coverage, but then again, so are most LBs. Anthony seems to be on a mission to prove himself, and Baker though raw, is very athletic, and smart. This just with the addition of McMillan in my opinion will be better.

The secondary is going to be loaded with talent this year, in fact Miami with talented players like Fitzpatrick, Jones, McDonald, Howard, Lippet, McCain, Tankersley, will probably only have two LB, with the extra DB, way more times then not. Nickle and dime defense should be a Miami specialty this coming year.

With Miami losing Suh, the mindset is that Miami will be far weaker in the middle, and when you lose a player of that talent, there will no doubt be some decline, but the problem also with having a player like Suh, getting him off the field, (especially with the money they were paying him) is very tough, but the coaches believe with what they have, and being able to rotate in and out player to keep that line fresh will pay off in the end with the added talent of Quinn, and Spence.

This Team has a lot of potential, and it does all ride on how healthy Tannehill is, and how little the loss of Suh will hurt the Line, but this team does have more then enough talent not only to be competitive, but to be specail, and it will all fall on how good our coaching is....I personally am a HUGE fan of Gase, so I like our chances this year.

Hadn't a clue to what you guy's were talking about but I knew something was off or on

Thanks google for letting me catch up - 40 years ago now that's pretty dam good, I have a hard time remembering last week

Nice seeing that clip again

Last year this LB squad was pretty inconsistent at best, but this coming year McMillan will be making his debut in the middle, if there is one thing we can at least predict with him that will no doubt make this team better, he is a very smart, driven young player, he is a leader, and that alone will help the defense considerably. A lot of fans have a problem with Kiko Alonzo, but there is a reason why the coaching staff like him a lot, because he can play, he just can't do it alone, and when he tries, he is bad in coverage, but then again, so are most LBs. Anthony seems to be on a mission to prove himself, and Baker though raw, is very athletic, and smart. This just with the addition of McMillan in my opinion will be better.

The secondary is going to be loaded with talent this year, in fact Miami with talented players like Fitzpatrick, Jones, McDonald, Howard, Lippet, McCain, Tankersley, will probably only have two LB, with the extra DB, way more times then not. Nickle and dime defense should be a Miami specialty this coming year.

McMillan and Fitzpatrick are destined to be in the hall of fame....at least until they step onto the field and play a down of football.

They may both turn out to be fantastic players, but its hard to see a defense reliant on players with so little experience being even average. To me it seems like so many things have to go the Dolphin's way in order for this defense to stop anyone. Counting on all the kids to get better and the injured to all regain form seems like a fools errand.

McMillan and Fitzpatrick are destined to be in the hall of fame....at least until they step onto the field and play a down of football.

They may both turn out to be fantastic players, but its hard to see a defense reliant on players with so little experience being even average. To me it seems like so many things have to go the Dolphin's way in order for this defense to stop anyone. Counting on all the kids to get better and the injured to all regain form seems like a fools errand.

I am not expecting anything, but I know they are both very smart, both very driven, and both have succeeded where they have gone. History tells us, that when you have players that are leaders, you never know how good they will be, but what you do get is a great leaders that know where to be, what to do, and, where teammates need to be also...that is crucial to a team becoming better.

And I'm sure you recognized it before last season, right? You also predicted 10-6 and a playoff spot in 2016, right?

The point is that the people making the predictions have little idea which teams will make a turn around from one season to the next. Sure, they can predict the Patriots and the Steelers making the playoffs, congratulations. When it comes to figuring out which teams will make the playoffs that didn't last year, they suck.
Keep drinking the koolaid bro. Mix contents of pack with 2 quarts water and 1 cup sugar and drink until you think your team is good.

Back
Top Bottom