Should We Panic? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Should We Panic?

McMillan and Fitzpatrick are destined to be in the hall of fame....at least until they step onto the field and play a down of football.

They may both turn out to be fantastic players, but its hard to see a defense reliant on players with so little experience being even average. To me it seems like so many things have to go the Dolphin's way in order for this defense to stop anyone. Counting on all the kids to get better and the injured to all regain form seems like a fools errand.

Of course things have to go the Dolphins way. You don't think a LOT of things went the Eagles way or is this unique for the Dolphins?
What have both McMillan and Fitzpatrick done to make you doubt that they will upgrade the defense? I'm not understanding the logic of being down on potentially GREAT players. If they were bad players/draft picks, sure be pissed and have low expectations but both were displaying elite skillsets in college that translate well to the NFL.
Why not just give them a chance to show you what they can do rather than pissing and moaning that they are inexperienced?
If I was looking for a reason to be down about Miami's chances, I would look no further than Matt Burke who really has not impressed me scheme wise on a game to game basis. I think the pressure is on him this year more than anyone.

So you won't make a prediction but will **** all over mine? How simple and lazy
You made your prediction, don't cry if someone takes issue.
I'll wait and see what all the new additions and returning players look like first. Seems more reasonable. Of course, I don't have the luxury of being an "educated non Dolphins fan" but I'll do my best

I'll wait and see what all the new additions and returning players look like first. Seems more reasonable. Of course, I don't have the luxury of being an "educated non Dolphins fan" but I'll do my best

Don't worry, your past predictions don't matter. Every season is a new season to convincingly spout nonsense.

Then find one trusted national analyst that predicts us to be good this year. I'll wait

That was the lowest point we reached from a personnel standpoint. Can't believe that dude started 7 games for us.

He wasn't even the worst of the bunch. And he was awful. Has a QB ever looked as lost as John Beck? That physically hurt to watch.

Of course things have to go the Dolphins way. You don't think a LOT of things went the Eagles way or is this unique for the Dolphins?
What have both McMillan and Fitzpatrick done to make you doubt that they will upgrade the defense? I'm not understanding the logic of being down on potentially GREAT players. If they were bad players/draft picks, sure be pissed and have low expectations but both were displaying elite skillsets in college that translate well to the NFL.
Why not just give them a chance to show you what they can do rather than pissing and moaning that they are inexperienced?
If I was looking for a reason to be down about Miami's chances, I would look no further than Matt Burke who really has not impressed me scheme wise on a game to game basis. I think the pressure is on him this year more than anyone.

One thing this thread hasn't done is spend much time on coaching. Burke, Gase et al. I'm not panicked, but this guys need to show improvement

Back
Top Bottom