Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Quarterbacks (seniors)

Drew Lock....kid makes the difficult look easy and the easy look difficult. I mean, if you could ever get him to where he could actually hit crossing routes you might have something. Usually throws a hospital ball when it should be placed on the back hip to slow the receiver up - usually behind the receiver when he should be leading him.

Drew Lock....kid makes the difficult look easy and the easy look difficult. I mean, if you could ever get him to where he could actually hit crossing routes you might have something. Usually throws a hospital ball when it should be placed on the back hip to slow the receiver up - usually behind the receiver when he should be leading him.

That's a great line. Perfectly said.

Sounds like Josh allen.

A little bit. Except Josh Allen can make the near impossible look easy and the easy look difficult. The ceiling is much higher.

One of the biggest issues with Lock is that he's a 4 year starter that still doesn't see the field well. The speed of the game against SEC defenses were usually just too fast for what he could process.

To me he plays like a guy who doesn't have much starting experience.

Except he's got 46 games worth of starting experience. In the SEC.

Which is concerning.

To me he plays like a guy who doesn't have much starting experience.

Except he's got 46 games worth of starting experience. In the SEC.

Which is concerning.
How do you feel about Daniel Jones from Duke? Pete Prisco compared him to Andrew Luck this morning on WQAM.

How do you feel about Daniel Jones from Duke? Pete Prisco compared him to Andrew Luck this morning on WQAM.

I don't like him.

When I talk about what turns me off about Daniel Jones, I mostly focus on his squirt-gun arm, really inconsistent throwing mechanics (which exacerbates the naturally weak arm), and the fact that his decision making and accuracy doesn't stand out to me as suggestive of a dominant NFL career.

When people talk about what they like about Daniel Jones, they focus on his pocket movement, understanding of concepts, how well he's coached, array of throws, and how he mixes in his natural size and speed to hurt defenses physically with his feet.

I just ultimately don't quite buy it and would stay away. That's my opinion.

Watched all of Easton Stick's snaps in the FCS champ game today. Got to say I'm sold. First few drives, thought he was nothing more than a typical College run first QB with no arm, missed on a number of early throws, but scored two rushing TDs. Then he connects on a 70 plus yard TD, he certainly seems to have a footbal iq, clearly goes through progression, has an arm on him and of course is pretty adept with his legs. He's probably a 3rd rounder in terms of talent, simply because he's been playing at ND state in the FCS. But Wentz has set a recent precedence there and he could get drafted a lot higher based on his career. He looks the part for sure, the only question will be the standard of football he's participated in. Will be interesting to see how his draft stock moves, seems like a good kid off the field too, I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up in round 1.

In terms of pure, stripped down measures of arm talent and athleticism/escape-ability/speed/agility...he’s virtually identical to Andrew Luck. But where Luck is 6’4” and 235 lbs, you’re lookin at kid that will probably come in 6’2” and 215 lbs. That matters.

I think unusual polish, fantastic football character were the things that made Luck who he was as a prospect, to go with his pro arm strength and surprising athleticism.

Well, all those things are what make Easton Stick who he is as a prospect. Same profile, in its shape. Perhaps not in its measure. Ultimately he was doing this in the FCS and we don’t know if he can exhibit the same integrative technique in a faster setting.

Still worry sometimes if he can get the nose of the football up and if a few slip ups that way could turn off a few onlookers at the Shrine practices or the Combine.

In terms of pure, stripped down measures of arm talent and athleticism/escape-ability/speed/agility...he’s virtually identical to Andrew Luck. But where Luck is 6’4” and 235 lbs, you’re lookin at kid that will probably come in 6’2” and 215 lbs. That matters.

I think unusual polish, fantastic football character were the things that made Luck who he was as a prospect, to go with his pro arm strength and surprising athleticism.

Well, all those things are what make Easton Stick who he is as a prospect. Same profile, in its shape. Perhaps not in its measure. Ultimately he was doing this in the FCS and we don’t know if he can exhibit the same integrative technique in a faster setting.

Still worry sometimes if he can get the nose of the football up and if a few slip ups that way could turn off a few onlookers at the Shrine practices or the Combine.

Does he have an invite to the Senior Bowl ? Think that will be a good chance to see him in a setting in and around better players.

Ck- your sitting at 13-
Murray gets past 4.. are you trading a 2020 Rd1 to move up 5-8 spots?
Or are you sitting tight worst case BPA and possibly move up to toon RD2 for your boy Shtick?

I see a Ryan Tannehill Esquire qb with better pocket awareness and a weaker arm

I have seen this a couple times and I want to ask... is it because he is a white #17? I truly believe that if Daniel Jones wore any other number us Dolphins fans would be slightly higher on him.

To me if Gase were still here, we would be almost guaranteed to take Lock or Jones, especially with the Cutcliffe/Manning connection.

Now I'm really not sure, but Easton is the guy I want 100%. Byron Murphy and Easton Stick make me feel better than Daniel Jones and Kendall Sheffield.

Back
Top Bottom