Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (seniors)

Burrow has moved up 3 spots on my board. He was my #6 Senior quarterback in May. He's improved, and has been straight money dealing against the blitz, and the kid just gets it from a mental and intangible aspect. This is the part about quarterbacks most people tend to miss, ignore, discount, and flat out underrate.

Even last year, Burrow brought a steadiness and leadership to the quarterback position at LSU that they had been missing for years and years. Recruit after recruit, talented 5-star after talented 5-star - nobody could bring to the LSU team what Burrow did when he transferred in there. He completely changed the program. There's something to the kid.

However, nobody talks about how good his receivers are, and he's played against some pretty weak defenses up to this point.

Not really sure what Senior quarterbacks you can unquestionably put ahead of him other than Herbert. They all have issues, most of 'em big time issues - which is why they're still in college and not in the NFL.

Burrow doesn't necessarily project as a franchise caliber quarterback at the next level. But he can play in the league. If you can play in the league - it then just comes down to the situation you're put in. Quarterbacks like Burrow tend to be underrated by NFL fans/draftniks, then suddenly vastly overrated, before eventually settling in to about what they should be. It happens every year.

The real tests for Burrow are coming, beginning Saturday with Florida. I doubt he'll be throwing 6 TD's in that one.

I think the durability at that position is as it does and Herbert has had some injury issues.

If you look at the quarterbacks that we've seen transfer to another program and have such an impact on the program like Burrow has had, you have to pay attention.

Guys like Gardner Minshew, Russell Wilson, Garrett Gilbert, Ryan Finley, Jarret Stidham, Baker Mayfield, Will Grier, Cam Newton, Kyler Murray, Troy Aikman....just many, many more. Obviously different talent levels here that covers pretty much the entire spectrum - but it's the massive impact they have on the entire program that requires note.

Burrow has had as big of an impact as any of 'em had. He's in the Heisman race just like about half a dozen of these guys were. His impact as a pro could be anywhere from Minshew to Gilbert to Finley. Does anybody really think he's less of a pro prospect than those 3?

If you look at the quarterbacks that we've seen transfer to another program and have such an impact on the program like Burrow has had, you have to pay attention.

Guys like Gardner Minshew, Russell Wilson, Garrett Gilbert, Ryan Finley, Jarret Stidham, Baker Mayfield, Will Grier, Cam Newton, Kyler Murray, Troy Aikman....just many, many more. Obviously different talent levels here that covers pretty much the entire spectrum - but it's the massive impact they have on the entire program that requires note.

Burrow has had as big of an impact as any of 'em had. He's in the Heisman race just like about half a dozen of these guys were. His impact as a pro could be anywhere from Minshew to Gilbert to Finley. Does anybody really think he's less of a pro prospect than those 3?

Burrow and minshew actually remind me a lot of each other as prospects. Cerebral types. Although seeing the way minshew has dressed lately it kinda distracts you from the “cerebral” label :lol:

Burrow and minshew actually remind me a lot of each other as prospects. Cerebral types. Although seeing the way minshew has dressed lately it kinda distracts you from the “cerebral” label :lol:

He knows what he's doing. He's made himself into a brand and marketing the whole Minshew Mania phenomenon because so many people subscribe to it. NFL is a business first and a sport second. He's gonna get in there and get $$$ while the getting is good, then get the **** out. :lol:

Reactions: A1.

Fair point. The NFL needs backups, too. That's what I said last year about Gardner Minshew.

Fair point. The NFL needs backups, too. That's what I said last year about Gardner Minshew.

Exactly. If my position threads only consisted of guys that I was convinced were elite players with HOF potential, I'd have some pretty short threads.

I thought for sure Burrow would come down to earth against Florida.. Did not happen, he balled credit to him. I was very impressed with his movement, I didn't know he had that kind of athleticism to escape. He talks it and backs it up. He is probably QB2 right now.

I tell you what - Burrow impresses me more every time I see him. He’s #2 behind Herbert.

I didn’t think Burrow could pass Herbert for the top Senior QB spot on my board. But I think he can.

I knew you’d come around. :)

I tell you what - Burrow impresses me more every time I see him. He’s #2 behind Herbert.

I didn’t think Burrow could pass Herbert for the top Senior QB spot on my board. But I think he can.

Is the small sample size keeping Herbert above Burrow for you? Because to me Herbert has never looked as good as Burrow has this season.

Is the small sample size keeping Herbert above Burrow for you? Because to me Herbert has never looked as good as Burrow has this season.

Somewhat. I'm not all in on Burrow yet. I'm just not convinced that the biggest difference isn't Joe Brady and his offensive system rather than Joe Burrow. If you stick Burrow on an NFL team that doesn't have Joe Brady as passing game coordinator and those receivers - is Burrow going to look like he did last year?

In other words, I'm not sold on either of 'em as franchise caliber quarterbacks. But Herbert has much more arm talent, and has more defined baseline.

I'm always skeptical of the one year wonder. Even when it was Cam Newton.

Back
Top Bottom