Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

ChristAlmighty!!!

You are an ARDENT Tua supporter...cool, but not even close huh? Burrow played point guard very well (basketball) on a good high school team in Ohio.

For you to think that he's not even close to being as athletic as Tua is putting a dent in your cachet and showing a blind bias.

Way, way over the top here.

You disagree. So what? There are greater tragedies in the world!

First, it's his opinion. He does a ton of video research and also tends to back up his assessments with solid reasoning and/or facts. Whether I agree with him or not.

What exactly have you brought to the table? I mean, how about providing some supporting evidence that CK's opinion is somehow biased. Don't just blindly throw the claim out there in some weak attempt to discredit.

You citing the fact that Joe Burrow was a PG in HS doesn't in any way equate to him being a great or even good athlete. Hell, there have been collegiate and NBA point guards that were average to below average athletes. Yet somehow a HS PG has to be a good athlete let alone comparable to another player?? Burrow might well be a good or underrated athlete, but your reasoning here doesn't come close to demonstrating it.

How about providing some video or statistical evidence to counter his claim rather than mock him w/o providing anything yourself??

Oh, because that's a lot more difficult to do, huh? SMH.

Last edited:
I watched Jordan Love on film today for the first time (I’m new to college football) and he definitely has talent. Great arm strength but seemed to struggle with his reads (threw 2 picks underneath). The commentators seemed to think he would be the 5th or 6th QB taken but could rise if he had a good combine?

Does anyone have him higher than 4 or 5? What’s your thoughts on him? Apologies not read all pages.

Kid's been well schooled. Obviously the product of numerous QB camps and oodles of prep training. That's all good in the sense it shows he can incorporate programming and execute a logarithm.

He's still small framed. Weak arm. And has a track record of physical frailty. But he "anticipates well" in the 'bama system surrounded by NFL grade receivers and looks great in the dink and dunk game (with YAC off the charts)! Yeah I gotta get me some of that!

ENUFF of the promos! He's not the second coming and has legit questions relative to his NFL "prowess" let alone his core viability as a high-performance long-term solution as a PRO QB.

Put him in a dog fight under constant pressure when the chips are down and let's see the "transcendent greatness" emerge right before our eyes!

Show! Don't tell!

:lol:

What Tua was doing didn't have anything to do with being well schooled. It's instinctive. He hasn't been to anymore camps than all the rest of 'em have been to - he was just better than they were when he got there.

Nobody is guaranteeing anything other than he has a legitimate skillset to the be the top QB prospect in this draft. You either agree with it or you don't. But don't come with some bullsh^t about Trevor Lawrence being better. He shot that sh^t down immediately just like I knew he would.

Tua hasn't proven anything in the pros - neither has any of the rest of 'em. But to suggest he's not the best prospect among the QB's in this class is simply based on being contrary, or bias.

I know I wouldn't trade him for any quarterback in the country.

The best thing about Tua is how most people can't even pick up on what he actually does - because he's so good. His feet and eyes are so manipulative and they're always so tied together.

Everything in Tua's body language, alignment, and footwork told the defense he was throwing that ball to Waddle on the bubble screen off the RPO, but he threw it to Ruggs coming behind the nickel DB staring at Tua's feet.

Like I said, your feet dominate everything that you do. Tua's feet dominate.
Sounds to me like you got a foot fetish ;)

What Tua was doing didn't have anything to do with being well schooled. It's instinctive. He hasn't been to anymore camps than all the rest of 'em have been to - he was just better than they were when he got there.

Nobody is guaranteeing anything other than he has a legitimate skillset to the be the top QB prospect in this draft. You either agree with it or you don't. But don't come with some bullsh^t about Trevor Lawrence being better. He shot that sh^t down immediately just like I knew he would.

Tua hasn't proven anything in the pros - neither has any of the rest of 'em. But to suggest he's not the best prospect among the QB's in this class is simply based on being contrary, or bias.

I know I wouldn't trade him for any quarterback in the country.

Interesting note from the game last night (Chargers - Raiders). Rivers is noted for his ability to
make throws early based on where he expects the receiver to be. And apparently some folks
think he's one of the best in the league at that. Anyway he threw a pick six because he
"anticipated" his TE to be in a certain position but he lost footing and feel down.

Point is -- it would seem great anticipation by the QB needs to be mated with excellent precision
(route discipline) by the receiver -- yes? So I would assume it takes some time playing together
before a QB can effectively "anticipate."

I agree, it's an excellent skill to have. But if Rivers is as good as advertised in terms of anticipation
that quality alone has not made him a consistently dominant PRO QB.

Interesting note from the game last night (Chargers - Raiders). Rivers is noted for his ability to
make throws early based on where he expects the receiver to be. And apparently some folks
think he's one of the best in the league at that. Anyway he threw a pick six because he
"anticipated" his TE to be in a certain position but he lost footing and feel down.

Point is -- it would seem great anticipation by the QB needs to be mated with excellent precision
(route discipline) by the receiver -- yes? So I would assume it takes some time playing together

I agree, it's an excellent skill to have. But if Rivers is as good as advertised in terms of anticipation

I'd take him. Would you?

If you back out his first two years he backed up Brees, hes averaged 28.7 TDs per season across 13 seasons. He's thrown for over 4,000 yards 10 of those 13 years. He's been pretty damn dominant. He's a hall of famer no doubt. One of the most underrated QBs to play the game and a hell of a competitor. For comparsion, Brady has averaged 28 as well across 18 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take him. Would you?

Too old...

I think his career has been kinda odd in a way.

Maybe just never had the right team around him...

IMO his talent has exceeded his production.

The Chargers essentially personify that.

Too old...

I think his career has been kinda odd in a way.

Maybe just never had the right team around him...

IMO his talent has exceeded his production.

The Chargers essentially personify that.

I'm talking about his career. You wouldn't take a QB with his career? But think Josh Rosen is going to do something?

I'm talking about his career. You wouldn't take a QB with his career? But think Josh Rosen is going to do something?

Of course I would.

And yeah, I still believe Rosen has an opportunity to develop.

But if he gets another chance and backslides once more it will be concerning...

But longer-term I think the kid has a potential NFL career >>> IF ??? he wants it!

I still get the impression he's "immature" and lacks the KILLER INSTINCT with

corresponding dedication and work habits... But he has definable skills.

ChristAlmighty!!!

You are an ARDENT Tua supporter...cool, but not even close huh? Burrow played point guard very well (basketball) on a good high school team in Ohio.

For you to think that he's not even close to being as athletic as Tua is putting a dent in your cachet and showing a blind bias. I mean I don't know of anyone on the planet, besides despots and religious leaders, that has the type of following that Tua has.

BeneficialAccomplishedAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

For chrissakes...you have your own podcast...you talk all this professional jibber/jargon...but at the end of the day a post teen has you looking and sounding like a schoolgirl at her first Elvis concert.

tenor.gif

It's baffling to say the least lmAo

Desmond Ridder is a guy we're going to have to revisit.

They're on fire as a team this year and I'm just not sure Ridder will have any reason to come back to Cincinnati in 2020. The thing Desmond Ridder did NOT manage to do in 2018 when they went 11-2 and beat Virginia Tech in the bowl game...is play for and win the AAC Conference Championship. But at 8-1 this year with their only loss being to #1 Ohio State, they look pretty damn poised to do that this year.

They'll lose Michael Warren, Josiah Deguara, Rashad Medaris, and at least 2 of the 5 offensive linemen. Luke Fickell is bound to be head-hunted this year so we'll see just how committed he is to sticking with the Bearcats.

Desmond Ridder won't want to go the way of Josh Allen or Jordan Love, guys who came back to school and finished their college careers on a down note because of how much of their supporting cast they lost. Love could be looking at needing to stick around one more year or maybe even transfer in order to get his draft stock back up.

Yes this 2020 class could be crowded, depending on what Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, and Jordan Love do. But if there's one dimension this class does lack, it's running. The best representative of that sort of dual-threat ability is Jalen Hurts, whose passing chops many will still continue to question. After that it's "pretty fly for a white guy" Joe Burrow.

And running is exactly where Lamar Jackson is making a huge dent in the NFL this year, and to a lesser degree Josh Allen. Hell, for that matter, that's one area where Daniel Jones is making a difference.

Desmond Ridder gets to position himself pretty uniquely in this class as a guy who has run for over 1,200 yards and 6 TDs in 2018 & 2019 combined (excluding sack yardage), yet has LEGIT pro passing skills and traits.

Having watched all of Fromm’s games, no way would I consider him before the 4th. I would roll the dice on Gordon before him. I’ll have to watch some video on Ridder. However, we are out of the running for Tua and Burrow. Those guys are top 3 picks.

Back
Top Bottom