Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman) | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Quarterbacks (underclassman)

Jake Fromm is a clear first rounder.

People aren’t quite appreciating that he’s only a true third year and he is still developing. Particularly, his feet and his follow thru are still developing. He’s already throwing with pro velocity but when he starts to get more disciplined with his feet he will be that much better.

People aren’t quite appreciating that he’s only a true third year and he is still developing. Particularly, his feet and his follow thru are still developing. He’s already throwing with pro velocity but when he starts to get more disciplined with his feet he will be that much better.

Fromm is no where near a first round QB. This guy would be a major downgrade to even Tannehill. You clearly haven’t watch Fromm. He isn’t very mobile and his arm is on the weaker side of the draft. Fromm isn’t a QB that will win a game for you. He is surrounded by talent but can’t use it. He will never be a starting QB in the NFL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/draftw...-draft-jake-from-scouting-report-georgia/amp/

yeah, not being able to fit the ball into tight windows. That is ok in college but NFL, good luck. Also not being able to get away from rushers...ok lol! Not worth a pick.

For chrissakes...you have your own podcast...you talk all this professional jibber/jargon...but at the end of the day a post teen has you looking and sounding like a schoolgirl at her first Elvis concert.

tenor.gif

[/QUO

Elvis concert.... funny

Desmond Ridder is a guy we're going to have to revisit.

They're on fire as a team this year and I'm just not sure Ridder will have any reason to come back to Cincinnati in 2020. The thing Desmond Ridder did NOT manage to do in 2018 when they went 11-2 and beat Virginia Tech in the bowl game...is play for and win the AAC Conference Championship. But at 8-1 this year with their only loss being to #1 Ohio State, they look pretty damn poised to do that this year.

They'll lose Michael Warren, Josiah Deguara, Rashad Medaris, and at least 2 of the 5 offensive linemen. Luke Fickell is bound to be head-hunted this year so we'll see just how committed he is to sticking with the Bearcats.

Desmond Ridder won't want to go the way of Josh Allen or Jordan Love, guys who came back to school and finished their college careers on a down note because of how much of their supporting cast they lost. Love could be looking at needing to stick around one more year or maybe even transfer in order to get his draft stock back up.

Yes this 2020 class could be crowded, depending on what Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, and Jordan Love do. But if there's one dimension this class does lack, it's running. The best representative of that sort of dual-threat ability is Jalen Hurts, whose passing chops many will still continue to question. After that it's "pretty fly for a white guy" Joe Burrow.

And running is exactly where Lamar Jackson is making a huge dent in the NFL this year, and to a lesser degree Josh Allen. Hell, for that matter, that's one area where Daniel Jones is making a difference.

Desmond Ridder gets to position himself pretty uniquely in this class as a guy who has run for over 1,200 yards and 6 TDs in 2018 & 2019 combined (excluding sack yardage), yet has LEGIT pro passing skills and traits.
I'm with you on Desmond Ridder. I think he's going to be an outstanding NFL QB. Great prospect. Imagine what Miami's coaching staff with the way they develop players can do with Ridder.

When I was watching the Alabama/LSU game, more than once, I thought, "Which of these plays could Fromm NOT make?" He's not as elusive in the pocket as Burrow, but outside of that, I'd be really curious to see someone who thinks Burrow should be a Top 5 pick point to a pass Fromm wouldn't make. It's especially pertinent when we consider that Fromm had been much more accurate than Burrow heading into 2019 and when we understand that Burrow's 2018 offense is much more similar to the one that Fromm has been stuck in his entire career at Georgia.

He knows his -ish, but this Tua thing has him off his square. It makes him look more like a fan than an authority.

Fromm is no where near a first round QB. This guy would be a major downgrade to even Tannehill. You clearly haven’t watch Fromm. He isn’t very mobile and his arm is on the weaker side of the draft. Fromm isn’t a QB that will win a game for you. He is surrounded by talent but can’t use it. He will never be a starting QB in the NFL.

I guarantee that I have watched Jake Fromm play football more than you have. Difference of opinion is fine, and common, but don't be a troll.

I think Fromm is a good prospect. Love looked very good against Fresno this weekend. He was very poised, and seemed to get the ball downfield with ease. I like that hes mobile too.

Back
Top Bottom