Tannehill allegedly insults Practce squad DBs (Maybe) | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill allegedly insults Practce squad DBs (Maybe)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...emerge-on-tannehill-incident-at-fins-practice

Details emerge on Tannehill incident at 'Fins practice

Flare-ups in practice aren't unusual in the NFL, but Breer noted that the incident is "enough to make you at least wonder" about Tannehill's future in Miami. Why? Because, the contract he signed in the offseason has "escape hatches that the club can wiggle through starting after the 2016 season," per Breer, echoing a report from Pro Football Talk.

With former general manager Jeff Ireland, ex-Dolphins play-caller Mike Sherman and the fired Joe Philbin no longer in Miami, "the franchise is naturally less invested" in Tannehill than it was a couple years ago, per Breer.

From another angle, Tannehill's play on the field over the rest of the season can help him gain organizational support. Teams aren't in the business of dumping quarterbacks with potential, but the Dolphins are a club in flux.

All eyes will be on Tannehill and how he handles a rough start to the campaign.

It will be interesting to see where things go from here. If Ryan can get the team to look past this with his performance the rest of the year, or if this is going to cause divide in the locker room.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...emerge-on-tannehill-incident-at-fins-practice

Details emerge on Tannehill incident at 'Fins practice

Flare-ups in practice aren't unusual in the NFL, but Breer noted that the incident is "enough to make you at least wonder" about Tannehill's future in Miami. Why? Because, the contract he signed in the offseason has "escape hatches that the club can wiggle through starting after the 2016 season," per Breer, echoing a report from Pro Football Talk.

With former general manager Jeff Ireland, ex-Dolphins play-caller Mike Sherman and the fired Joe Philbin no longer in Miami, "the franchise is naturally less invested" in Tannehill than it was a couple years ago, per Breer.

From another angle, Tannehill's play on the field over the rest of the season can help him gain organizational support. Teams aren't in the business of dumping quarterbacks with potential, but the Dolphins are a club in flux.

All eyes will be on Tannehill and how he handles a rough start to the campaign.

It will be interesting to see where things go from here. If Ryan can get the team to look past this with his performance the rest of the year, or if this is going to cause divide in the locker room.

How is this incident anything large enough that it could possibly have his future with Miami in jeopardy? I'm seriously getting tired of this story, it's ran it's course. Tempers flared, McCain was being a dumbass, Ryan got p*****, and now it is him that has his supposed career with the Dolphins up in the air. Yet what about McCain?

Smdh...

Here is my deal. This is not about Tannehill's attitude or the lack of intensity in practice. This about the objectives going on in practice. Obviously, the offense was trying to work on something for Sunday. Once again the HC did not have control of the team nor the respect of the players so this situation becomes a disaster.

Here is my deal. This is not about Tannehill's attitude or the lack of intensity in practice. This about the objectives going on in practice. Obviously, the offense was trying to work on something for Sunday. Once again the HC did not have control of the team nor the respect of the players so this situation becomes a disaster.

I have to agree Hayden. My perception is very similar.....going through the motions of game planning and rehearsing it in a walk through and some of the PS players decided to have some fun. I'm sure frustrations were high for all involved, but this type of stuff is another example of the inmates running the asylum.

I wonder where all of the "leaders" on that offense were when this was going on? I would think that Pouncey, Jennings or even Miller would also react if it was disruptive to their practice. The only one who spoke up now has a 67 page thread dedicated in his honor......sad....

Honestly if the team wasn't in limbo w new coaches , 1-3, poor performances, etc. this wouldn't even be a story let alone a disaster.

How is this incident anything large enough that it could possibly have his future with Miami in jeopardy? I'm seriously getting tired of this story, it's ran it's course. Tempers flared, McCain was being a dumbass, Ryan got p*****, and now it is him that has his supposed career with the Dolphins up in the air. Yet what about McCain?

Smdh...
Bro I hear you. We just can't afford anymore divisiveness among the locker room. This is a time when everyone must pull together and over come the current adversity.

Honestly if the team wasn't in limbo w new coaches , 1-3, poor performances, etc. this wouldn't even be a story let alone a disaster.

If we would have won in London not a word would have been spoken, but now everything is going to be over analyzed.

Going to be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng bye week.

Now we going back to the BullyGate scandal. Please I dont care if your a practice squad player. If you cant handle someone talking shyt to you then please leave. When you in a business full of men there going to be a lot of shyt talking. Deal with and stop running around like a kid with hurt feelings.

i was rewatching the HK episode that someone posted - "a look at DC coaching style". There was a clip before the Campbell part where Vontae Davis and Steve Smith got into a skirmish in the preseason game. VD comes to the sideline all upset and Philbin says "just tell me what happened." So VD tells him and Philbin says "ok" about 4 times and next thing you know the guy is traded. No ability to relate or manage personalities.

If we would have won in London not a word would have been spoken, but now everything is going to be over analyzed.

If we had won in London we would also still have Failbin & Coyle coaching the team.......take the bad with the good will ya?

If we win this will all blow over anyway and will probably fade even if we don't win too much.....I think Coach Campbell isn't going to be putting up with any screwing around (on the part of scout team players) or whining/complaining (on Tannehill's or anyone else's part) so hopefully it's under control now that the team isn't like all the grandkids acting out & getting away with whatever they wanted while Grandpa Joe was minding things.

No bail out for russ wilson today...passed the torch to matt ryan this week

No bail out for russ wilson today...passed the torch to matt ryan this week

was running for his life all game and yet helped them to a 24-7 lead. he doesn't need the excuses other QBs need, he will get the job done much more often than not regardless of the circumstances.

Imagine if Ryan helped you to a 24-7 4th qtr lead and the D blew it, what would you be saying?

here comes captain troll again

let me set the record straight here...wilson had 1 damn drive the game opener scored a td did jack squat the entire rest of the game and i mean jack squat...got a 75 yard td run first play on one possession for the only other td...got a under zone look where he eye banged the target thus the lb jumped in front of it for the pick...that ball should be pitch and catch against that coverage when the tight end sits in the hole between those 2 lbs instead he stares at it the entire way and pays for it...got 175 yards rushing from the rb...got a defensive td on a strip fumble return

did absolutely nothing with the ball after the rushing td by the rb...nothing

this game was eerily similar to miamis week 17 game vs the jets in 2014 where we got a long run for a td to go up double digits except tannehill in that one didnt throw a pick and didnt get a defensive touch down from our d

so take your hypocrital all troll all the time nonsense and shove it

i'm ****ing tired of the pile on job with the qb from the peanut gallery every time this team doesnt win and so i have decided every chance i get i'm gonna go the route that people go here and shove it in everyones face...in other words good for goose good for gander

except i'm gonna back it up with actual on field play references instead of stuff i pull out my ass

it doesn't help your cause by deflecting w/ childish insults. the bottom line is if Ryan did what Wilson did you'd be on here extoling the greatness of Ryan Tannehill.

that game was nothing like week 17 last year where after a 97 yd TD run by Miller you were up 10 early in the 3rd qtr. Seattle took a 17 point FOURTH QTR lead. we came right back and made it 24-21 THREE PLAYS LATER so with 12 mins left in the 3rd it was 24-21 Miami. w/ 12 mins left in the 4th Cincy(after a long PR) scored a TD to pull w/in 24-14 but yeah eerily similar.

he didn't get a D TD, he got a 97 yd run but I am sure his eye movement and excellent handoff led to that run.

I haven't piled on anything, I haven't blamed Ryan. He has played poorly, everyone would agree with that but nowhere have I ever said it's all on him. this has been a total team effort.

Back
Top Bottom