Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

Agreed it will all be for naught if Tanne chokes these last 3 games and plays badly but I have a feeling that unless he gets injured again he will continue to play at a high level

Roll with Tannehill in 2019 and draft in 2020. Though as usual Miami might have to trade some draft picks to move up and get the QB they want. He won't fall into their laps as some other QB needy team will trade up to get 'em.
Tanny is playing good but is more of a game manager, he's falling apart ankle, knee, shoulder. They are limiting him to 20 throws a game. When I watch a much younger player like Mahomes it's a clear indicator we really do need to upgrade at QB though I'd play out Tannehill's contract as we need more upgrades on the roster which are glaring holes like DL, CB, and OL. I'm really impressed what a young QB like Mahomes is doing this year 15th NFL game and he's thrown for 45TDs vs 11ints and over 4,500 yds.

Tannehill has a rare chance to write the rest of his career in Miami these next three games. Given his record and statistics up to this point under Gase, its clear if Miami makes a move it has to be for a perceived sure thing upgrade via draft or FA, not just a promising alternative. Although given the injuries as well I think the team has a pass to bring in legit competition and pass it off as health insurance.

Roll with Tannehill in 2019 and draft in 2020. Though as usual Miami might have to trade some draft picks to move up and get the QB they want. He won't fall into their laps as some other QB needy team will trade up to get 'em.
Tanny is playing good but is more of a game manager, he's falling apart ankle, knee, shoulder. They are limiting him to 20 throws a game. When I watch a much younger player like Mahomes it's a clear indicator we really do need to upgrade at QB though I'd play out Tannehill's contract as we need more upgrades on the roster which are glaring holes like DL, CB, and OL. I'm really impressed what a young QB like Mahomes is doing this year 15th NFL game and he's thrown for 45TDs vs 11ints and over 4,500 yds.

His side arm / left hand/ improv throws are absolutely ridiculous. Almost unfair for the defense.

Also watching Rivers that game I gained a new respect for just how good he is. He had pressure right in his lap multiple times through the game but he does this weird looking quick backstop move that buys him enough space to make the throw. He did it multiple times through the game even on some plays that looked to be sacks.

Really wish Tanne had that kind of pocket presence/mobility. Rivers is not close to the same level of athlete yet he is more evasive in the pocket than Tanne. Clearly Ryan's #1 weakness.

I get what you are saying but every team in the league outside of the Saints would be looking for a new QB if they compared their own QBto Mahomes this year. He's having a top 3 year by any QB ever.

I get what you are saying but every team in the league outside of the Saints would be looking for a new QB if they compared their own QBto Mahomes this year. He's having a top 3 year by any QB ever.

I don't think that's entirely true.

You can look at Mahomes if you're the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Saints, and Rams and be totally fine with what you have. Maybe you'd try and take a shot at a developmental kid for depth or successorship (considering Brees, Brady, Ben are all older).

and in the essence, what's wrong with wanting to have one of the top 5/6 QBs in the league? Those teams are always relevant/going to be relevant. I would say any one of those teams could win the Superbowl in a given year...

All of the other teams in the 10 and below-ish world are hoping for an absolute phenomenon to even sniff a Superbowl. Like the Falcons a couple years ago...the Eagles last year was pretty remarkable as well, especially because of the excellence they were able to extract from Foles in crunch time. That's what it made it so amazing.

I don't think that's entirely true.

You can look at Mahomes if you're the Packers, Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Saints, and Rams and be totally fine with what you have. Maybe you'd try and take a shot at a developmental kid for depth or successorship (considering Brees, Brady, Ben are all older).

and in the essence, what's wrong with wanting to have one of the top 5/6 QBs in the league? Those teams are always relevant/going to be relevant. I would say any one of those teams could win the Superbowl in a given year...

All of the other teams in the 10 and below-ish world are hoping for an absolute phenomenon to even sniff a Superbowl. Like the Falcons a couple years ago...the Eagles last year was pretty remarkable as well, especially because of the excellence they were able to extract from Foles in crunch time. That's what it made it so amazing.

In addition to great QBs, the Packers (until this year), Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, and Saints have all had incredibly stable organizations. Goff is not at the level of the other QB in terms of repeated relevance.

I like Goff. He benefits a lot from McVay and great cast, but he throws a beautiful football and can play the position at a high level. He will get there.

Yes, he is fortunate to be surrounded by such prolific talent (coaching and players) but that's just going to make his development go more smoothly. He's got the goods.

In addition to great QBs, the Packers (until this year), Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, and Saints have all had incredibly stable organizations. Goff is not at the level of the other QB in terms of repeated relevance.
It's also Goff's 3rd season in the league...and he's a Super Bowl favorite. With the exception of Brees, each organization and QB has had early success and kept it going.

It goes back a long way. Look at Wade Smith. A flop at LT for us. He goes on to have a decent career in KC and Houston at LG. Interesting note, Smith had 8 penalties (only 5 accepted) in 98 starts. Amazingly Smith had ZERO career false start penalties and 6 holding penalties (1 declined).

Our current LG has 49 penalties in 83 starts, including 22 false starts and 15 holding penalties.
mind blowing

This coming from someone who obviously does not know that that still was taken from one of the funniest awesome Marino videos ever where he’s cussing at the director for telling him he messed up. Thanks for playing but sit down boy
Who cares if its goofy, its priceless and amazing. goofy is good

Absolutely. Our organization has been the absolute, best in class example of how “not” to run a stable franchise.

I just don’t know how people keep ringing tannehills bell. I don’t get it

Back
Top Bottom