Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

He owns those plays. They are on him. Should the margin of error be so small in a game? Really? Every incomplete pass is game changing when the team is so crappy.
That's the closest you can come to admitting he was once again, shambolic, on the road? What was his passer rating? You are quick to fire that out when it's good.

That's the closest you can come to admitting he was once again, shambolic, on the road? What was his passer rating? You are quick to fire that out when it's good.

I refuse to separate the play of the QB from the rest of the offense because it makes no sense. Are you asking why Tannehill played poorly in a game where he was under constant pressure? Really?

I readily admit that Tannehill is not a good enough QB to overcome the deficiencies on display in that game. I think we all agree on that. The question is what then?

Do they look for a QB who can? Good luck with that.

Last edited:
I refuse to separate the play of the QB from the rest of the offense because it makes no sense. Are you asking why Tannehill played poorly in a game where he was under constant pressure? Really?
When he was under pressure, he was crap. What's his excuse when he wasn't under pressure? When he was just misplacing passes? Because he'd been under pressure on a previous play? Well, that makes sense. We should absolve him of all mistakes when there's ever any pressure on him at any point in any game. Actually, in any season, makes sense.

I’m going to guess that if the offense could have sustained a few drives in the second half, the defense probably doesn’t give up 41 points.

Haha say they only give up 34. That defense held Brady to 24 in Foxboro and Wilson to 6 points through 3.5 quarters in Seattle. It didn't matter.

When he was under pressure, he was crap. What's his excuse when he wasn't under pressure? When he was just misplacing passes? Because he'd been under pressure on a previous play? Well, that makes sense. We should absolve him of all mistakes when there's ever any pressure on him at any point in any game. Actually, in any season, makes sense.
The receivers, the weather and the fans.

Where did I make an excuse for mistakes when not under pressure? I'm pretty sure I said he owns them. Why is that not good enough?

In this game, the sacks were primarily on the OL and it wouldn't have mattered who was behind center.

you speak as if you've never seen another football game where the QB eludes pressure and completes a forward pass. i have seen other football games and i can report that this does in fact happen.

Where did I make an excuse for mistakes when not under pressure? I'm pretty sure I said he owns them. Why is that not good enough?
You know what it is? It's because mostly, after he laid an egg, you're in here defending him. It gets tired. You make good points at times when he's good etc. But you undo it all by mostly coming in and defending him, and just about admitting he made a few bad plays when pushed on it.

Not if I am correct in my assessments, and I am, IMO. I can't recall any positive posts about Tannehill by you. Doesn't that make you biased by your own logic?

Wasn't that hard, it's in my postings:

Yep, gotta give it up for Tannehill this game. Didn't look at stats, but his toughness this game was admirable. Win or loss.

You know what it is? It's because mostly, after he laid an egg, you're in here defending him. It gets tired. You make good points at times when he's good etc. But you undo it all by mostly coming in and defending him, and just about admitting he made a few bad plays when pushed on it.

And you (and others) come in and immediately jump on the QB in a game where the OL gives up 9 sacks. It goes both ways.

Back
Top Bottom