Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

And you (and others) come in and immediately jump on the QB in a game where the OL gives up 9 sacks. It goes both ways.
Yup, but we completely agree, immediately, that it's not just him. Whereas, you try and excuse his play and blame it on others. Maybe we should start blaming the crap OL play on Tannehill.

Either way, Tannehill ain't working out. You can't win at home and then struggle to put up 100 yards on the road.

It remains the most boring era in franchise history and that is very unlikely to change as long as Tannehill is around.

He creates or exaggerates his own excuses. Today he was gifted two touchdowns. Absolutely gifted a flash interception return and a flash 75 yard touchdown run. That is a huge percentage of scoring required to win the game or at least be very competitive. Other quarterbacks would be in disbelief to receive handouts like that, similar to last week with the 50+ touchdown run and obviously the game ender. Miami is scoring tons of points that the quarterback is not responsible for.

But Tannehill never had any fire or sense of urgency in this game. He has never been great and no concept of being great so he merely jogs off the field and accepts whatever happens. Mid second quarter we were down 21-0 and had 3rd and 14 approaching midfield. The offense has to wake up and jolt the team, to provide some sense of possibility. A give up swing pass to Drake wiggled for 11 yards. Now it is only 4th and 3, and on their 43. The correct call is to go for it there. Your defense hasn't stopped anything. But amidst Crowd vs. Crowd often all it takes is one score and turn of momentum to shift matters. We saw that with the Fitzpatrick interception.

But you can't assume a Fitzpatrick interception. That is a severe long shot. Converting on 4th and 3 is hardly a long shot. I was going nuts when Tannehill merely jogged off the field, instead of taking over the team and demanding to Gase that the offense stay out there.

That's what a great quarterback would have done. No question about it. But Gase and Tannehill were both wimps. From that point forth I didn't particularly care what transpired later. You aren't rewarded for frailty and stupidity.

No kidding the offensive line caved in late. But so much of that was feasting on Ryan Tannehill. Minnesota steadily sensed he had no fight and no confidence and no variety. First and second downs often unfolded fine but Tannehill did nothing. If Brock Osweiler had fired that deep ball to Stills 5 yards out of bounds we'd never hear the end of it from Tannehill backers. Then how many times did Tannehill make exactly the wrong move, as soon as there was any hint of pressure? It was like the defense asked him to pivot this way and Tannehill obliged. He has no ability to shuffle his feet like a dance move by darting forward then sideways to create his own brief pocket. It's always pause...panic...then turn to retreat. Somehow he think's he Russell Wilson 5 years ago. No problem backing out and turning the corner.

I knew I'd be reading about 9 sacks. That never would have been 9 sacks with a different quarterback. We've got a guy who went 7-6 at Texas A&M as a senior despite #8 preseason ranking and being favored in all but one game. He remains a .500 or thereabouts quarterback, with no reason to expect that to change. I know one thing...as long as Tannehill is Dolphins quarterback I'll predict between 7 and 9 wins every season. No thought required.

As I posted last week, if the current Dolphins were actually the current New York Jets, then Jets fans would be laughing at us for ruining our draft position and keeping our quarterback.

Ignore the QB position for a second. It this a playoff caliber team?

Are the Colts? The Patriots? The Steelers? Even the Chiefs or Chargers without their QB? Are the Chargers 11-3 without Rivers? How many Marino led Dolphin playoff rosters were playoff caliber without Marino? A great QB can hide the flaws and elevate the team in rough spots. Tannehill never elevates the team, or not to a point that its consistent or even recognized. And how reliable he is in disappearing with high stakes is extremely troubling. And that's not new, I remember that was a con on a lot of his scouting reports coming out of the draft. Who knew it would prove relevant all this time later.

Is this Miami roster better than 7-7 if Rivers or Wilson was the QB? Yes. Yes they are.

Last edited:
It remains the most boring era in franchise history and that is very unlikely to change as long as Tannehill is around.

He creates or exaggerates his own excuses. Today he was gifted two touchdowns. Absolutely gifted a flash interception return and a flash 75 yard touchdown run. That is a huge percentage of scoring required to win the game or at least be very competitive. Other quarterbacks would be in disbelief to receive handouts like that, similar to last week with the 50+ touchdown run and obviously the game ender. Miami is scoring tons of points that the quarterback is not responsible for.

But Tannehill never had any fire or sense of urgency in this game. He has never been great and no concept of being great so he merely jogs off the field and accepts whatever happens. Mid second quarter we were down 21-0 and had 3rd and 14 approaching midfield. The offense has to wake up and jolt the team, to provide some sense of possibility. A give up swing pass to Drake wiggled for 11 yards. Now it is only 4th and 3, and on their 43. The correct call is to go for it there. Your defense hasn't stopped anything. But amidst Crowd vs. Crowd often all it takes is one score and turn of momentum to shift matters. We saw that with the Fitzpatrick interception.

But you can't assume a Fitzpatrick interception. That is a severe long shot. Converting on 4th and 3 is hardly a long shot. I was going nuts when Tannehill merely jogged off the field, instead of taking over the team and demanding to Gase that the offense stay out there.

That's what a great quarterback would have done. No question about it. But Gase and Tannehill were both wimps. From that point forth I didn't particularly care what transpired later. You aren't rewarded for frailty and stupidity.

No kidding the offensive line caved in late. But so much of that was feasting on Ryan Tannehill. Minnesota steadily sensed he had no fight and no confidence and no variety. First and second downs often unfolded fine but Tannehill did nothing. If Brock Osweiler had fired that deep ball to Stills 5 yards out of bounds we'd never hear the end of it from Tannehill backers. Then how many times did Tannehill make exactly the wrong move, as soon as there was any hint of pressure? It was like the defense asked him to pivot this way and Tannehill obliged. He has no ability to shuffle his feet like a dance move by darting forward then sideways to create his own brief pocket. It's always pause...panic...then turn to retreat. Somehow he think's he Russell Wilson 5 years ago. No problem backing out and turning the corner.

I knew I'd be reading about 9 sacks. That never would have been 9 sacks with a different quarterback. We've got a guy who went 7-6 at Texas A&M as a senior despite #8 preseason ranking and being favored in all but one game. He remains a .500 or thereabouts quarterback, with no reason to expect that to change. I know one thing...as long as Tannehill is Dolphins quarterback I'll predict between 7 and 9 wins every season. No thought required.

As I posted last week, if the current Dolphins were actually the current New York Jets, then Jets fans would be laughing at us for ruining our draft position and keeping our quarterback.

So it would have maybe been only 6-7 sacks with another QB? With your defense giving up 41 points. What's the odds a team wins that game on the road under those circumstances. But let's pile on the QB. Your boy Wilson put up 6 points through 52 minutes AT home against the same defensue. I'm not coming to the defense of Thill here. But I'm not bitching about him either after this **** show of a game. This TEAM isn't very good in a very terrible spot this week.

Great post, Awsi Dooger. Agreed with every word of that post. It’s an excellent description of Tannehill in the pocket. He NEVER gains a second or two. Instead, he typically folds into the pressure. It’s uncanny.

And once the pressure has gotten to him, he starts to inevitably fail on the plays where he isn’t under pressure. The throw to Stills was abysmal. And missing Drake for a TD was unconscionable.

So it would have maybe been only 6-7 sacks with another QB? With your defense giving up 41 points. What's the odds a team wins that game on the road under those circumstances. But let's pile on the QB. Your boy Wilson put up 6 points through 52 minutes AT home against the same defensue. I'm not coming to the defense of Thill here. But I'm not bitching about him either after this **** show of a game. This TEAM isn't very good in a very terrible spot this week.

You keep bringing up 41 points, but fail to mention that the offense went 3 & out (and 4 & out) consistently after cutting the score to 21-17.

In fact, the defense was keeping Miami in the game through the 2nd & 3rd quarters, when the Vikings only scored 3 points.

You keep bringing up 41 points, but fail to mention that the offense went 3 & out (and 4 & out) consistently after cutting the score to 21-17.

In fact, the defense was keeping Miami in the game through the 2nd & 3rd quarters, when the Vikings only scored 3 points.

They gave up 41 points without a Turnover by the offense. That's almost unheard of in the NFL.

And had a turnover on downs in the red zone.

The defense wasn’t good but the offense was abysmal. Like usual

So true. Our O scored 10 pts today, 7 of which came from a one play 75 yard run, our QB was directly responsible of for 3 points, that's not going to get it done often in this league, and what's worse this is no isolate incident, this happens way too often to him on the road.

And had a turnover on downs in the red zone.

The defense wasn’t good but the offense was abysmal. Like usual

Haha so you think teams just stroll into Minnesota and score 35-42 points? This loss was on the defense. Point blank. The offense ran 6 plays and were down 21-0.

Back
Top Bottom