The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The In Support Of Tua (Only) Thread

The Dolphins organizationally tanked in 2019 to draft not just a good QB, but an elite QB, as a key to sustained success.

I don't see it as Tua hate... it's just the fanbase's impatience between "tank for Tua" and "trust the process".

I've said in other threads, I'm 100% supporting Tua during the season. I'll save my couch-GM judgements for the offseason!

I’m having flashbacks to the 7 years of Tannehill w this board. Had Finheaven existed in 1983 would there have been pro and anti Marino camps?

I don’t want to go through this again but alas it’s inevitable.

Tua - last year did not look like an NFL QB to me - as in NFL ready. Against the Pats he had moments. When he had time he was really good. He made some aggressive plays downfield and Mac Jones didn’t. That was a factor in the game. For me, the best play he made all day was his slant to Parker on 1st and 14 for 13 yards from his own 4 yard line w 3+ min to go. That’s really hard and was simply CLUTCH.

That type of play builds confidence - the guy wins games. As he polishes up more he will only get better.

My only criticism in his entire game yesterday were those 2 horrific throws (1 almost picked and the other picked) where for a moment I thought it was Fitz back there. Can’t do that stuff.

Overall - happy w how he played.
I can tell you that even after Joe Montana had won a couple of SBs there were SF fans who would say that Montana wasn’t that good, was just a system guy, was just a product of a good supporting cast, etc. So I assume that Tua could achieve similar success and still have the same critics here.

I can tell you that even after Joe Montana had won a couple of SBs there were SF fans who would say that Montana wasn’t that good, was just a system guy, was just a product of a good supporting cast, etc. So I assume that Tua could achieve similar success and still have the same critics here.
that is actually who i see when i think of comps for tua.

left handed joe montana.

And you wouldn’t hear me complaining…not for a second. We had the best QB for many years…no jewelry.

Whatever wins works for me.

Don't know if this was posted but Next Gen stats have Tua with a 25.9 aggressive rate last week for 4th in the NFL.

Mac Jones was at 10.3 for 21st.

And Tua to Waddle was almost a perfect QB rating at 157.3.
it was posted.

i'm guessing the 1 point deduction was the Waddle drop?

no idea how that's calculated, lol.

I don’t remember that but I’ll take your word for it.

Back
Top Bottom