Total Rebuild- Trade Stills, Wilson, & Grant? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Total Rebuild- Trade Stills, Wilson, & Grant?

I’d trade all three of those WRs

They aren’t primary targets for trade out imo but yeah I’d do it.

Nothing alpha about any of them. Not much trade value either

So more holes that need to be drafted for? Draft picks wherein we don't know what we're getting?

So more holes that need to be drafted for? Draft picks wherein we don't know what we're getting?

It’s probably more like I already know what I have in them. Which is 2,3, and 4 wr talent.

To me that’s always expendable. Especially when 2 might be a stretch for any of them.

All 3 have limitations in their games. Just not something I consider hard to replace.

And I don’t much care about “wr holes” when I don’t have a qb

Not to mention stills is a lead candidate to be released after next year

Last edited:
Stills should be worth a Rd3.
I would hold Wilson. He seemed really dynamic.

“Practically invisible?” He had 64 targets in an offense that passed as little as it could. Just face it, I once again completely destroyed your argument. I mean, it’s not as embarrassing as your attempts to prove Kyler Murray is only 5’7 or whatever in which you quoted Stephen A Smith of all people, so at least there's that.

right you are a mod genius.
amendola had more catches than stills. he was as invisible as branch.
he got 64 targets because he cant get open.
without googling im guessing stills has probably averaged 45 catches/700 or so yards per season as a D. add the crucial drops and the guy i think we can say is a total bust. but hes not a reason we 'tried to pass as little as possible'.

an offense that passed as little as it could only if you count the bubble passes as runs. LOL

Last edited:
right you are a mod genius.
amendola had more catches than stills. he was as invisible as branch.
without googling im guessing stills has probably averaged 45 catches/700 or so yards per season as a D. add the crucial drops and the guy i think we can say is a total bust.

an offense that passed as little as it could only if you count the bubble passes as runs. LOL

How is 45 catches 700 and 6 TDs a total bust? For a guy who was the 3rd most targeted player 3 of his 4 years here I would say that's pretty respectable. Also during Stills tenure here 2015-2018 the Dolphins are 25th in pass attempts.

Just for reference.

Last year the Steelers had the most pass attempts their 3rd most targeted player had 50 catches for 610 yds and 4 TDs.
The Colts had the 2nd most pass attempts their 3rd most targeted player 63 catches 425 yds and 2 TDs.
The Packers had the 3rd most pass attempts their 3rd most targeted player had 38 catches 581 yds and 2 TDs.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

We have been told that our Dolphins are going through a rebuild, and that things will be rough for 2-3 years. I believe it will be more like days gone by with a 5 year rebuilding program, hoping I am wrong.

Regardless, we have three play making speed demons at WR and they are at peak value as trade value for picks. A closer look:

Stills (26)- Cost to trading team- $5M in 2019 and $7M in 2020

Wilson (26)- Cost to trading team- $0 in 2019 and $9.5M in 2020

Grant (26)- Cost to trading team- $720K in 2019 and FA in 2020.

The link at the top shows what FA WR's have been paid in FA and I believe we can get a 3rd round pick for Stills and Wilson and a 4th for Grant, as they are young, cheap play makers. We may get a bit more by going to 2020 picks (not a bad idea).

I do not want to let them go but, in 3 years (IF we get things together by then) they will all be 29 and new contracts will be needed by all three before then.

Trading now is our best option.

No... they are young players and this team will be ready to make noise in 2020 in my opinion... assuming they find the quarterback.

Dumb idea is dumb.

Look, apparently through all of your 7 posts here - you'd like to see us field the Hellen Keller Institute.

We still need to put players on the field. Starting 22 draft picks like you seem on the way to alluding to ain’t gonna happen.

Not everyone is a draft pick.
As an administrator on one hand you want people to invest in Fin Haven and then on the other you take someone who has made only a few posts and ridicule him just for trying to think out of the box. You should be encouraging progressive thoughts especially during the off-season, instead of potentially stymieing a member.

I could see Stills. He's someone that has value who was criminally underutilized by the previous staff. On most teams, he would have had 60-70 catches and in the neighborhood of 10 touchdowns. I'd package him in a trade-up with SF or another team to get a top quarterback.
Miami has cleared enough salary cap now that I think they should start keeping their good, young players. Starting with Howard, Tunsil and Fitzpatrick and maybe including Wilson and Grant.
The only question around Stills is how much he exists on the owner's blacklist after his own Kaep stance, and if any would be willing or interested to make a deal for him or just make him an example.
Might as well have half the starting roster be rookies. Hell, move to Puerto Rico, trade everyone, and become an expansion team.
20 year plan.
I realize you are trying to be sarcastic, but you failed to realize many here have suggested that very same thing especially after a loss.

Last edited:
Problem especially for the Dolphins is they have not been able to fill the stands when we have won in the past. This year is going to be ugly and embarrassing for the club for any televised home games when they pan the stadium. IMO. You stretch out this rebuild out to 3 4 years there won't be enough the fans to support the club like. Then the posts will be about moving the club to another city.

How is 45 catches 700 and 6 TDs a total bust? For a guy who was the 3rd most targeted player 3 of his 4 years here I would say that's pretty respectable. Also during Stills tenure here 2015-2018 the Dolphins are 25th in pass attempts.

Just for reference.

Last year the Steelers had the most pass attempts their 3rd most targeted player had 50 catches for 610 yds and 4 TDs.
The Colts had the 2nd most pass attempts their 3rd most targeted player 63 catches 425 yds and 2 TDs.
The Packers had the 3rd most pass attempts their 3rd most targeted player had 38 catches 581 yds and 2 TDs.

He is supposed to be our no 1 receiver. He shouldnt be the third most targeted receiver. Hes not targeted because he cant get open. Its not like he is going to be thrown to if he cant get open.

Hes never open-or Devante for that matters-thats why he is rarely-except for the standard 1-2 bubble screen per game-targeted. thats my perception from watching every game plus replays.

He is supposed to be our no 1 receiver. He shouldnt be the third most targeted receiver. Hes not targeted because he cant get open. Its not like he is going to be thrown to if he cant get open.

Hes never open-or Devante for that matters-thats why he is rarely-except for the standard 1-2 bubble screen per game-targeted. thats my perception from watching every game plus replays.

Stills was supposed to be our #1 WR????????

giphy.gif

He was never ever supposed to be our #1 WR, he is supposed to be be our deep threat.

Back
Top Bottom