Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trading For Jakeem Grant Would Mean Low-risk, High-reward For Saints

The trade Grant talk is madness in my opinion. Who in the NFL scab accelerate to full speed from a standing still position like him? Didn’t he score a TD this year on a deep out like that? What about his kick and punt return TDs? That jet sweep he ran against the Raiders made their entire defense look like it was in quicksand. He’s an electric player who can score from anywhere on the field and plays on two of three units. That’s more valuable than a late round pick. You keep these guys while you find your QB.

If you go by #s he regressed as a WR last year.

Grant isn’t a great player, he’s not a good player. He runs terrible routes. I’d trade him for a 5th and move on.

Karl Dorell is a fine position coach, I look for Jakeem to run better routes.

Trade grant but keep Parker and stills...that makes no sense. A 5th or 6th rounder probably doesn't make team so what does that get you?

Jakeem's former Texas Tech coach, Kliff Kingsbury is now Head Coach of the Arizona Cardinals. I'd prefer to keep Jakeem Grant here as a Dolphin but you might find Kingsbury eager to get him to Phoenix.

Not really in 2017 he had a a higher y/c, scored at at a rate of a TD per 11 targets, had a better yac per reception, while playing 56 snaps (132 for the season) the final 4 games had 188 yards (203 for the season), this year at 282 total snaps played; he had 268 yards.

2017--y/c 15.6, 22 targets 2 TD, 11.5 yac/rec

2018--y/c 12.8, 34 targets 2 TD, 6.8 yac/rec

I'm not saying the guys a bum but I don't see anything here that would suggest he gets better ever year. Everything across the board was worse even the amount of 20+ yard receptions went from 3 to 2.

That is a bit nitpicking. You also conveniently left out his special teams stats. We are going to debate 15.6 and 12.8?? LOL. You also left out his yards per game, catch percentage, total yards from scrimmage and receptions per game all of which increased from 2017-2018.

At the end of the day I don’t think Jakeem Grant or an obtained 5th or 6th round pick makes or breaks anything. Chances are a 5th or 6th won’t result in a player vastly superior to grant. This is splitting hairs.

The kids improved greatly from a fast kid who dropped balls to a fast kid who can score anywhere on the field. Billicheat thrives finding players other teams give up for nothing.
Talk of getting another low round draft pick with a great chance of never contributing to the club for this kid is silly.

If Flores is the coach we are looking for then trading a player like Grant for anything less than a 3rd tells me we have the wrong guy again.

He actually ran quite good routes. Our receivers as a group were good route runners. Just because our QBs couldn't hit open receivers it doesn't make it the fault of the receivers.

I also find it ironic that you want to tank and go with young players yet want to get rid of young, every-year improving, low cost players. That is everything against a tank job.

How stupid and ridiculous your argument is shows the fact that you say he regressed last year. he had more yards in 10 games than he had in 16 games the year before and the same amount of TDs.

That means nothing about regression or improvement and none of our WRS ran anything close to good routes, the only one that did was Wilson. Everyone else is severely lacking in that department.

He's not worth worrying about, he's a below average WR and a fast return guy. If someone offers a 5th you take it with a smile on your face. He's meh everywhere.

He had 8 catches for 60 more yards last year, not exactly what I call getting better.

That is a bit nitpicking. You also conveniently left out his special teams stats. We are going to debate 15.6 and 12.8?? LOL. You also left out his yards per game, catch percentage, total yards from scrimmage and receptions per game all of which increased from 2017-2018.

I took your statement as more directed towards him as a receiver if that was not what you meant than I made an error. I mean 15.6 to 12.8 is almost a 3 yard difference, in a game of inches almost 108 inches is kind of big imo.

I left out his ypg because because in 2017 he played less than 10 snaps in 12 games last year, played 10-15 snaps twice and 30+snaps twice. It's hard to gauge yards per game averages when he only played 12.7% of the offensive snaps compared to 46.7% of the snaps in 2018.

Strictly speaking of his receiving numbers 22 targets 13 catches 203 yds and 2 TD's are more impressive than 34 targets 21 catches 268 yds and 2 TD's simply because one came while playing 12.7% of the offensive snaps and the other while playing 46.7% of the offensive snaps. Yes he had more catches and yards in 2018 but he should since he had way more opportunities. He did more with less in 2017, I would even say he regressed some as a receiver in 2018.

For the record I'm not advocating that we trade him nor am I saying he is no good. To me he's a good ST player and a decent WR, he'll probably be as good as Dante Hall was as far as receiving threats go.

Back
Top Bottom