Tua looking strong & mobile working out with Bowden | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua looking strong & mobile working out with Bowden

Oh you know it’s coming..Giving up on the kid after that strange year is nuts!

It's borderline comical when I have conversations with people about him and just how off their perception of the reality is. Which is first and fore most the primary reason I wanted Fitzpatrick out of here. He was a mirage, definitely respect the heck out of him for his career and all but my team needed someone else, anyone else, behind Tua. I think we hit a home run with Brissett. I didn't see that coming but I think he's ideal for the back up role moving forward.

I am thrilled to have Tua leading THIS roster.

Additionally, I am also not that concerned with Tua developing into this almost fictional status of what a "franchise" QB is. I don't need the Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning type. they didn't win enough. Does that sound greedy? Yes. Absolutely. That's what I am right now, greedy as F.

Our rebuilt was done textbook style. The way people always say they would build an NFL team but are never afforded the ability and resources to do so. It took some luck with the huge returns on the Tunsil trade but we had the balls to execute it in that moment and we should absolutely reap the benefits.

I don't believe there are all that many hoping for failure.

I get what you’re saying, and surely some fall into that category. But I think you’re underestimating just how many here at FH are actively rooting against him. I see the behavior all the time, not just here, but on the NBA and MLB sites I frequent.

Some fans just don’t like certain players from day one. Sometimes it starts in college. Or the draft turned them against the player because the player they coveted was passed over and went elsewhere.

Those types of fans are never won over easily. If at all.

Even if Tua has a Josh Allen type season there will still be fans hoping he eventually fails in some other way so they can move on to someone they like better.

It’s a sad reality, but true in a lot of cases.

I get what you’re saying, and surely some fall into that category. But I think you’re underestimating just how many here at FH are actively rooting against him. I see the behavior all the time, not just here, but on the NBA and MLB sites I frequent.

Some fans just don’t like certain players from day one. Sometimes it starts in college. Or the draft turned them against the player because the player they coveted was passed over and went elsewhere.

Those types of fans are never won over easily. If at all.

Even if Tua has a Josh Allen type season there will still be fans hoping he eventually fails in some other way so they can move on to someone they like better.

It’s a sad reality, but true in a lot of cases.

I believe there are subsets to the anti-TT crowd. Some expected Mahommes beginning game 1. Realistic or not, they were disappointed. Some wanted ANOTHER QB in the draft and need TT to fail so they can brag 'their guy' should have been the pick. Some are trolls who just like to needle fans and cause angst. Some fancy themselves better than pro scouts/evaluators and can see traits (good or bad) mere mortals can't. Admittedly, that's a little strong. Some are so scarred with the last 20 years they can't imagine Miami actually found good players, thus, Wilkins, Davis, Jackson, Waddle, all of them HAVE to have something wrong with them.

I believe there are subsets to the anti-TT crowd. Some expected Mahommes beginning game 1. Realistic or not, they were disappointed. Some wanted ANOTHER QB in the draft and need TT to fail so they can brag 'their guy' should have been the pick. Some are trolls who just like to needle fans and cause angst. Some fancy themselves better than pro scouts/evaluators and can see traits (good or bad) mere mortals can't. Admittedly, that's a little strong. Some are so scarred with the last 20 years they can't imagine Miami actually found good players, thus, Wilkins, Davis, Jackson, Waddle, all of them HAVE to have something wrong with them.

Yep, you have it diagnosed pretty well.

I don't believe there are all that many hoping for failure.

Don't conflate not seeing top end potential with hoping for failure.

Some ppl are "rah rah" "blind a$$ fans" (which is fine), and some ppl are more make a non biased assessment, and call it as they see it types.

Don't lump everyone who may have a critique all together.......
I didn't say many.....I said there are "some" and believe me, it's true. Some people just want to be right so bad that to them being right is more important than for the team to win. I've seen people here said they were wrong and that they were happy cause it meant something good for the team but there are people that would never admit they were wrong about anything. Not saying is a lot of them. But there are some.

I didn't say many.....I said there are "some" and believe me, it's true. Some people just want to be right so bad that to them being right is more important than for the team to win. I've seen people here said they were wrong and that they were happy cause it meant something good for the team but there are people that would never admit they were wrong about anything. Not saying is a lot of them. But there are some.
Youre probably right Danny, but my God... how egocentric must a person be to wish their team loose in order to see themselves being right. It honestly makes no sense to me!

Honest question, not being sarcastic, legit don’t know if what I’m watching is something most QBs couldn’t do as well.
tom brady and aaron rodgers cannot do that drill. that's how you know tua is a generational talent.

Youre probably right Danny, but my God... how egocentric must a person be to wish their team loose in order to see themselves being right. It honestly makes no sense to me!
Some people have an emptiness that can only be filled by things that sometimes make no sense. For a few people it might be to be right about something like sports. For others it might be something even more silly.

Some people have an emptiness that can only be filled by things that sometimes make no sense. For a few people it might be to be right about something like sports. For others it might be something even more silly.

Indeed.

I'm a frequent visitor and contributor of a fan site dedicated to a particular rock and roll band. We all know that music is essentially a form of art. Very subjective.

The amount of criticism and nonsense that is spewed and espoused about the band is baffling. To the point where I often question whether these people are fans or ever were fans. And if the latter, why the hell anyone would bother spending time hanging out on a site dedicated to something they clearly aren't a fan of anymore.

In short, it doesn't just apply to sports.

Indeed.

I'm a frequent visitor and contributor of a fan site dedicated to a particular rock and roll band. We all know that music is essentially a form of art. Very subjective.

The amount of criticism and nonsense that is spewed and espoused about the band is baffling. To the point where I often question whether these people are fans or ever were fans. And if the latter, why the hell anyone would bother spending time hanging out on a site dedicated to something you clearly aren't a fan of anymore?

In short, it doesn't just apply to sports.
Well, sometimes when people are not happy with their life they want other people to not be happy either and hence, they want to find something wrong with you or with anything you like. If they think you're wrong or not happy then it makes them feel better about their own short comings. Like you said, it's not just sports but life in general.

Well, sometimes when people are not happy with their life they want other people to not be happy either and hence, they want to find something wrong with you or with anything you like. If they think you're wrong or not happy then it makes them feel better about their own short comings. Like you said, it's not just sports but life in general.
I've been contending exactly this for years. Also, some people don't have the rank or backbone to counterpunch real life nemeses, so they use our team and players as surrogates for their IRL frustrations, unhappiness and sometimes outright hatred IMO

I've been contending exactly this for years. Also, some people don't have the rank or backbone to counterpunch real life nemeses, so they use our team and players as surrogates for their IRL frustrations, unhappiness and sometimes outright hatred IMO
Trust me, I've known a few people like that over the years. It is sad as my wish is always been for everybody to be happy.

Back
Top Bottom