****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 154 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does make you wonder how things would compare if Tua didn't suffer the recent injury and Burrow performed similiar down the stretch.
Who would the Bengals be leaning more towards? IMO, I think Burrow because he offers that extra ability to create plays with his legs.

If you look at the Top Qbs in the league now (Russel, Mahomes, Watson etc) they're able to extend plays with their feet.

That's not Tua's game.

Good God, Andy Dalton has earned over $83mm in his career.

I'm teaching my son the QB position.

Edit: Good God, Adam Vinatieri has earned over $50mm. Never mind, I'm teaching my son to be a kicker.

Matt Schaub I believe was at $96 million so by comparison Dalton and Vinatieri were bargains.

Does make you wonder how things would compare if Tua didn't suffer the recent injury and Burrow performed similiar down the stretch.
Who would the Bengals be leaning more towards? IMO, I think Burrow because he offers that extra ability to create plays with his legs.

If you look at the Top Qbs in the league now (Russel, Mahomes, Watson etc) they're able to extend plays with their feet.

That's not Tua's game.
My take on it is, if not for the injury, Tua is the clear QB1 in this class. Tua might not 'evade pressure', but he understands it very well and uses space within the pocket at an elite level. I mean, just the fact he's still #1 on some well respected guys board after suffering that injury just tells you how far in front he was before injury imo...

They are. But I swear that after qb the tight end is the biggest difference maker piece. Assuming you have one that is in fact a difference maker.

split flex iso in line. The ones that can do all of it at the plus level aren’t just rare they are virtually impossible to stop.

While this topic is brought up there is something I have noticed. Many of your most successful teams had TEs who were dominant. Gronk carried the offense in New England, Kittle was the best offensive player for the 9ers, Kelce and what he does for Chiefs. Ertz has been a huge reason for the Eagles making the playoffs.

If we manage to get Tua, after o-line, I'm looking for the TE...that Penn State kid...yes sir.

That's not Tua's game.

Tua is one of the quickest QB's you'll ever see. His speed is just OK, but I think he's a little faster than Mahomes when healthy. Burrow runs more, but Tua is just as good at making people miss. Both are elite in this area.

While this topic is brought up there is something I have noticed. Many of your most successful teams had TEs who were dominant. Gronk carried the offense in New England, Kittle was the best offensive player for the 9ers, Kelce and what he does for Chiefs. Ertz has been a huge reason for the Eagles making the playoffs.

If we manage to get Tua, after o-line, I'm looking for the TE...that Penn State kid...yes sir.

Best bet imo is look for a high-end blockers with freaky athleticism.

Sorry for not making the snark more clear.

Mahomes is clearly one of the best, possibly the best, QB in the league today -- and nobody except KC saw that coming. So what does the phrase generational talent really mean when the guy who is clearly heads and shoulders above almost everyone wasn't seen as such? Hindsight is so damned easy, foresight on the other hand...

On the flip side, when was the has the last "generational talent" coming out of the draft at #1 actually panned out as such? Looking back a couple of years at the number 1 pick QB's -- because one would think that a obvious generational talent, well being obvious, would go #1 for sure :
Mayfield: runs hot and cold -- not generational
Goff -- oh please
Winston -- runs hot and cold -- not generational
Luck -- Damn good QB, but didn't change the game -- not generational
Newton -- on paper, looked like he might be, but his stats and record say otherwise
Vick
Manning (the good one) -- and we get all the way to 1998 to find a candidate that lived up to the billing

At least for me, the phrase "generational talent" when it's applied to a QB in the draft means some people had an opinion and hindsight suggests that they were almost always wrong. So using the phrase to justify "taking making any trade necessary to get your guy" is just a way to say "I really, really, really want that person" and doesn't add much to the conversation about how to value the cost of the trade.
For me, the QB that Miami takes doesn't have to be "generational". Those type of QB's are almost as rare as unicorns. I just need a QB good enough to win a Super Bowl with. Guys like Luck and Troy Aikman may not have been generational but they were good enough to win it all. QB is unlike any other position on a football team. You either have a QB that's good enough to win a Super Bowl or you should be looking to upgrade at that position until you get one. You can't really say that about any other position on the team where adequate may just be good enough.

Everyone keeps bringing up the TE position, but I think people are ignoring the fact that the TE position in Chan Gailey's offense is almost non-existent.

Everyone keeps bringing up the TE position, but I think people are ignoring the fact that the TE position in Chan Gailey's offense is almost non-existent.

Chan Gailey has run a wide variety of offenses in his career.

Chan had one good receiving tight end in Tony Gonzalez he had over 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2008, all other tight ends he had were blockers and by committee. Nobody has any clue how Gesicki will be used under Gailey, and there is absolutely zero history showing otherwise. And an article by Brian Miller from fansided carries less weight than numerous posters on this board. Not saying that's what you're referencing but there's not much other literature that is out there arguing the case either way. But one can speculate that with Gesicki's skill set he'll be involved more than not however this is just speculation on my part like anyone else with an opinion on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom