****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 155 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was that we don't know what type of offense he may run. He may do something different.
I just looked. He had one season as the offensive coordinator of the 2008 KC Chiefs where Tony Gonzalez caught 96 balls on155 targets for 1058 yrds. Other than that year, it's pretty much a baron wasteland for the tight end in his offenses. So, he did have the one season with production from the TE, so I guess there is a little hope. But Tony Gonzalez is an all time great at the position and it would have been hard to ignore him.

Tua is one of the quickest QB's you'll ever see. His speed is just OK, but I think he's a little faster than Mahomes when healthy. Burrow runs more, but Tua is just as good at making people miss. Both are elite in this area.

That was Tua before the hip injury.
Who knows what he'll be going forward.
Who knows if he'll ever be able to recover that previous form.

It's a legitimate question to ask, I think!

You know I didn't consider this until now.
But it maybe part of the reason why he and his family wants to go to a "warm" weather team like Miami.

I hear cold weather is hell on previous bone-type injuries.

You posted while I was doing the research work.
I get your concerns we all are but I'm actually excited about Chan's hiring, I have coached with numerous high school coaches some still now who continue to change with the times. I've learned a lot and they tend to have more to offer than what a lot of people realize. In regards to Tony Gonzalez he arguably had his 3rd or 4th best year out of 17 under Gailey for what it's worth.

I get your concerns we all are but I'm actually excited about Chan's hiring, I have coached with numerous high school coaches some still now who continue to change with the times. I've learned a lot and they tend to have more to offer than what a lot of people realize. In regards to Tony Gonzalez he arguably had his 3rd or 4th best year out of 17 under Gailey for what it's worth.
I didn't say I don't like Gailey. I was just pointing out that TE isn't a focal point of his offenses except for that one season.

I didn't say I don't like Gailey. I was just pointing out that TE isn't a focal point of his offenses except for that one season.
I hear you but I don't know if that was Gailey's offense or his lack of a true receiving tightend. Considering Gonzalez had one of his top 4 seasons number wise under Gailey in his career. I guess we'll find out and I personally hope he proves the past wrong in his teams lack of production from tightends. Because I like Gesicki and like what we saw this year.

Im still baffled with the Chan Gailey hiring as anything other than an offense consultant...

Any truth to the Mack to the Redskins?

If so...they ain't drafting Chase Young.

Im still baffled with the Chan Gailey hiring as anything other than an offense consultant...

Admittedly, on the surface, it does seem odd for a number of reasons.
But you have to assume the hire wasn't made randomly and there was purposeful reason behind it.

Stay tune...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom