****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 214 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy the whole "choking" argument. If you're capable of destroying teams in the regular season you're perfectly capable of beating them in the postseason. Peyton Manning was a "choker" until he wasn't.

I think resting people in week 17 and then having the bye really hurt them.

He choked. We know he has the talent and he’s laid an egg in both playoff games. Thats the definition of choking. I don’t know that he’ll always be one, but that’s been the case so far. Again, he’s young and has time to improve so the book hasn’t been written on him yet.

I forgot so remind me again...

How many rings does Marino have? Jim Kelly? Phillip Rivers?

Playoff wins and superbowls mean something... But to get to the superbowl you have to be great in the regular season. Jackson has been fantastic.

When will you Tua Cultists admit that if Baltimore had traded three first round picks away to move up for the Top QB they would be a worse team with a bleaker future?

When you can admit this... we can talk rationally

Until then you are just trolling.
They have zero.
you know what else they have in common?
The QB taken at the top of their drafts won the Super Bowl.
these are good examples of why you should trade up

They have zero.
I think the Redskins or Lions will draft Tua if he is cleared medically. So the Dolphins definitely need to decide if they want to draft Herbert or Love at 5 or just bypass the QB position and take the BPA at 5.

They have zero.
Marino only went to one SB and the Dolphins lost to the 49ers in that SB. Marino was drafted in the first round and Montana was drafted in Tom Brady has more SB wins than any other QB and he was a sixth round draft pick. Montana has the next most wins and as stated, he was a third round pick. In fact just over 55% of the QB’s wining the SB were even drafted in the first round. Which means that 45% of the QB’s winning the SB were drafted in the 2nd round or later, including Warner who wasn’t drafted at all.

Six QB’s picked first in the draft have led their teams to a total of 14 SB wins. While QB’s picked later in the draft or not drafted at all have led their teams to 40 SB wins. Give me a good QB along with a top defense and a solid offensive line over the top QB on the draft board any day of the week.

Fixing all of the holes... Adding a ton of young talent... Winning the division in 2021... I do not consider that a worst case scenario.

Your projected draft outcome is the worst case scenario. I'm not a fan of any of those prospects in any of those spots. Kinlaw is the only reasonable value there, but I can't fathom spending our top pick on an interior DL again.

Then there's the infatuation you have with building around a projected third round QB project in Jalen Hurts.

Yeah.... like I said.... worst case scenario.

yes because the Ravens clearly made a huge mistake not trading up for the top rated QB .... picking Lamar Jackson instead.

I don't know why you're so convinced that Jalen Hurts is going to emulate LJ's success at the next level. It's puzzling. There's a reason why you're the biggest Hurts backer on here and you have him available in round 3.

The Ravens way is an anomaly. And it got exposed in the postseason. Sorry, but I'll pass on the best case scenario for this team being Jay Fiedler's Dolphins.

If you cannot at least admit Jackson is great and the Ravens were right not to trade up and take Jackson it is going to be difficult to have a meaningful conversation with you.

Great QB? He's a great runner. He got exposed in a major way in the playoffs though. When he was forced to throw the football there was nothing great about it.

And he's a better runner and passer than Hurts.

Marino only went to one SB and the Dolphins lost to the 49ers in that SB. Marino was drafted in the first round and Montana was drafted in Tom Brady has more SB wins than any other QB and he was a sixth round draft pick. Montana has the next most wins and as stated, he was a third round pick. In fact just over 55% of the QB’s wining the SB were even drafted in the first round. Which means that 45% of the QB’s winning the SB were drafted in the 2nd round or later, including Warner who wasn’t drafted at all.

You’re misunderstanding the reasons.

Brady and Montana were part of multiple SB winners not only because they were stars themselves, but because they played for HOF level coaches with numerous HOF talent on both sides of the ball acquired by a HOF front office/staff (specifically in the case of SF).

Marino wasn’t part of a winner because the Dolphins didn’t have all the HOF supporting cast on both sides of the ball nor a front office capable of acquiring the necessary talent.

There’s your differences.

The round those QB’s were each drafted in means nothing.

It’ll be nice if MIA is able to find a top notch QB. Doing so makes the margin of error larger. But even if they do find that guy, they’ll find no more success than they did during the Marino era if the FO doesn’t do it’s job in acquiring the right amount of talent and the coaching staff doesn’t make the most of it.

Six QB’s picked first in the draft have led their teams to a total of 14 SB wins. While QB’s picked later in the draft or not drafted at all have led their teams to 40 SB wins. Give me a good QB along with a top defense and a solid offensive line over the top QB on the draft board any day of the week.
That also says that better than 1 in 4 SB winners come from a single position in the draft. I’m guessing that’s more reliable than any other spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom