****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 216 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Lamar Jackson have to do with Tua?

If we’re going to use the “we don’t have to trade up because of x” line of logic, why don't we just wait until the 6th round to draft a QB? That’s where Tom Brady was drafted after all.

The point is, Tua is a better prospect than Lamar Jackson was, and Tua won’t be there waiting for us.

If I was half as convinced that any of these other QBs were going to be as successful as Tua, maybe the cost of trading up would bug me.

But I’m not, so it doesn’t.

Lamar Jackson had/has the one ability that Tua doesn't. The one that trumps all others. Availability.

RG3 was every bit the QB that Tua is and look where he's at now and how much it set the Redskins back. And RG3 didn't have the injury history that Tua has.

Lamar Jackson had/has the one ability that Tua doesn't. The one that trumps all others. Availability.

RG3 was every bit the QB that Tua is and look where he's at now and how much it set the Redskins back. And RG3 didn't have the injury history that Tua has.

Dude. Really? RG3 isn’t even in the same galaxy as Tua. Let’s be intellectually honest at least.

Dude. Really? RG3 isn’t even in the same galaxy as Tua. Let’s be intellectually honest at least.

Intellectually honest? Tua played for arguably the best coach in the nation and was surrounded by a legion of NFL starting caliber players. Sure he was great in college but lets not act like he was perfect or has a long history of being great.

RG3 played on a far worse team in college and still put up big time numbers. Then he dominated as a rookie in the NFL getting the Redskins of all teams to the playoffs with a rating over 100. If he hadn't gotten his career ruined by that knee injury and their handling of it who knows what he would have accomplished. I guess some of you forgot how good he was.

Intellectually honest? Tua played for arguably the best coach in the nation and was surrounded by a legion of NFL starting caliber players. Sure he was great in college but lets not act like he was perfect or has a long history of being great.

RG3 played on a far worse team in college and still put up big time numbers. Then he dominated as a rookie in the NFL getting the Redskins of all teams to the playoffs with a rating over 100. If he hadn't gotten his career ruined by that knee injury and their handling of it who knows what he would have accomplished. I guess some of you forgot how good he was.

You clearly have no idea how to evaluate a QB.

Hip injury aside, Tua grades in the top 90th percentile every year. Anyone who has watched 30 minutes of any film on him can see he constantly comes to the line, makes pre snap reads, looks defenders off comes back to his target and hits them in stride or throws them open within milliseconds. You can not teach that. You ever consider maybe Tua was the one making those receivers better. Had there been no hip injury he would be drafted first overall. For the hip, if it is getting bloodflow he will return to 100%. He is a safe as you can get QB prospect and miles ahead of Herbert who isn't even a top 25 pick in this draft.

If you support this staff you should defer to their expertise. They may only like 1 to 3 quarterbacks. That being said depending on how the draft goes they may have to move up or they’ll stay put and see if one of their likes is on the board. If they choose not to move up in those quarterbacks go they may not pick one at all or pick one way to Ron as a C as developmental but not their number one of the future.

My personal philosophy is if they love a certain one they have to get him even if it cost a few picks because we are in the position to do so hindsight is 2020 and God knows we made mistakes in the past but it has to stop sometime.

Expertise? You must be talking about the kitchen staff or the guys who sell tickets. You certainly couldn't mean the front office

Expertise? You must be talking about the kitchen staff or the guys who sell tickets. You certainly couldn't mean the front office
Could very well be the case and frankly I would be more shocked if they were competent But I can’t do the pics forum so I have to stand behind who they pick and hope something changes

TUA played for a coach. that picked Culpepper over Brees and left NFL with his tail between his legs. He also left TUA. in a meaningless game too long up by. multiple TDs and where unfortunately he got hurt again. Coach also puts in him back in. too soon after ankle surgeries. Coach also kicked Hurts to the curb. TUA made the right move. and put his name in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom