****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 215 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you're so convinced that Jalen Hurts is going to emulate LJ's success at the next level. It's puzzling. There's a reason why you're the biggest Hurts backer on here and you have him available in round 3.

The Ravens way is an anomaly. And it got exposed in the postseason. Sorry, but I'll pass on the best case scenario for this team being Jay Fiedler's Dolphins.

Hurts is no Lamar Jackson. He will be playing a different position or out of the NFL altogether within 5 years

I’ve come to the point where if he gets drafted I’ll be stoked and excited but I’m not holding my breath or going to freak out if it doesn’t happen. I’m used to it, we all should be used to it; it’s typically what happens to the Dolphins and how they handle the situation.

They have zero.
you know what else they have in common?
The QB taken at the top of their drafts won the Super Bowl.
these are good examples of why you should trade up

I disagree. I wouldn't have traded Marino for any other QB in that draft (and I have John Elway in my top 5 of all-time as well as Dan). Elway had far better talent around him for most of his career (especially the last four years) than Marino ever had (I mean as a whole). The two best players Marino played with the first 15 years of his career were Dwight Stephenson and Reggie Roby. He had Jason Taylor late (and way too early in JT's career). Zach Thomas was the same way. Stephenson was the best Marino ever played with but he was done by the end of the 1987 season (and way too early). Clayton, Duper, Fryar, etc. were all good but not all-time greats and certainly not HOF'ers. Elway ahd Shannon Sharpe, Rod Smith, Terrell Davis, etc. and I haven't even touched that great defense they had from 1996-1998 (it was still good in 1999 but Elway was retired). Miami had a very good defense in Marino's rookie campaign (and I honestly feel they would have won the Super Bowl that year of they didn't stumble against Seattle in the Divisional round). By 1984, they were getting old and were mostly done.

If Marino had the same group Jim Kelly had, he would have won multiple SB's. Given the same group as Montana and he would have won 6 (same with Brady's teammates). Even if Pittsburgh had taken Marino, he would have won at least one Super Bowl given the teams Pittsburgh had in the late 80's (up until 1989) and the 1990's (after Cowher in 1992). I always found it ironic that Pittsburgh passed on Marino partially becaus eof off-field rumors. However, they drafted Gabriel Rivera who did have some off-field issues at least once (the DUI that paralyzed him in his rookie season).

Football is the ultimate team game so I largely feel arguing players based on championships is a futile exercise both ways (I don't care who won multiple and I don't care who didn't win any).

Jackson is 0-2 in the playoffs so far. As soon as he’s had to pass to win, he chokes. He’s young and has time to improve, but he isn’t the best example to base your team strategy on as of yet.

Right. He was the only player on the Ravens roster to show up for the game. 500 total yds but he choked? Receivers dropping passes including one for a pick, OL could not move anyone, best RB was out, defense was out toughed but keep with the narrative that it is on him.

As for bad division? They were 14-2! Beat Houston, Seattle, NE, SF I mean these arguments are TERRIBLE. He is only in his second year and younger than Joe Burrow!

Sorry bad division is an answer to someone else.

Right. He was the only player on the Ravens roster to show up for the game. 500 total yds but he choked? Receivers dropping passes including one for a pick, OL could not move anyone, best RB was out, defense was out toughed but keep with the narrative that it is on him.

As for bad division? They were 14-2! Beat Houston, Seattle, NE, SF I mean these arguments are TERRIBLE. He is only in his second year and younger than Joe Burrow!

Excellent post.... Thank you

Not exactly. Lamar Jackson didn't show up until the Titans were up 28-6 at the end of the 3rd quarter and let him show up. All they were trying to do the entire 4th quarter was keep plays in front of 'em and letting Lamar Jackson run to run out the clock and giving him the easy throws to pad his stats.

At the end of the 3rd quarter Lamar Jackson was 18 for 35 and had 267 yards of total offense. With a fumble and 2 interceptions. Watch the game.

If Jeff Okudah blows up the combine like Isiah Simmons did it might align all the stars for Miami to get Tua at #5.

The reluctance to trade down if your above them might come into play.

What does Lamar Jackson have to do with Tua?

If we’re going to use the “we don’t have to trade up because of x” line of logic, why don't we just wait until the 6th round to draft a QB? That’s where Tom Brady was drafted after all.

The point is, Tua is a better prospect than Lamar Jackson was, and Tua won’t be there waiting for us.

If I was half as convinced that any of these other QBs were going to be as successful as Tua, maybe the cost of trading up would bug me.

But I’m not, so it doesn’t.

Lol. That’s your reponse?

Textbook definition of deflection. You know exactly who I’m referring to. It occuring more than 20 years ago is immaterial.
Sorry, I don’t consider 10 playoff appearances, 3 conference finals and a Super Bowl as “going nowhere”

What does Lamar Jackson have to do with Tua?

If we’re going to use the “we don’t have to trade up because of x” line of logic, why don't we just wait until the 6th round to draft a QB? That’s where Tom Brady was drafted after all.

The point is, Tua is a better prospect than Lamar Jackson was, and Tua won’t be there waiting for us.

If I was half as convinced that any of these other QBs were going to be as successful as Tua, maybe the cost of trading up would bug me.

But I’m not, so it doesn’t.
It's a dumb argument. The Ravens didn't have to trade up to get their QB, the Chiefs had to trade up to get theirs. What relevance does this have to what we do regarding Tua? Absolutely **** all. Just more horseshit.

If you support this staff you should defer to their expertise. They may only like 1 to 3 quarterbacks. That being said depending on how the draft goes they may have to move up or they’ll stay put and see if one of their likes is on the board. If they choose not to move up in those quarterbacks go they may not pick one at all or pick one way to Ron as a C as developmental but not their number one of the future.

My personal philosophy is if they love a certain one they have to get him even if it cost a few picks because we are in the position to do so hindsight is 2020 and God knows we made mistakes in the past but it has to stop sometime.

I wonder if the talk that Tua's camp wasn't sold on Miami's interest coming from the Tua camp thinking Miami would be willing to do whatever it takes to move up to get Tua and Miami thinking the might move up to the 3 or 4 spot or they might just wait at the 5 spot to see who's on the board. More of a case of Miami looking at multiple options and the Tua camp thinking they were going to be to sole option at any cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom