****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 326 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
How any Dolphin fan can ignore that with the most talented O-line and receiver Corp in college football Tua couldn’t stay healthy ... and lost his two biggest games against Clemson and LSU is beyond me....if he was durable I’d be in....since he’s not any trade up for him is foolish.

With 14 picks I can stomach gambling the 5th on him if they are sold...but I see him as fragile!

If he was durable, he's likely the first overall pick.

That’s my read exactly. Whatever flaws he has and again we are talking peanuts here will alleviate themselves in the pro game.

If Miami isn’t all in on this we are f ing clowns

The only thing to cause legit pause outside of the hip prognosis is does tua have his true pre injury twitch back. And if not will he have it back within 2 years if the answers yes or points to yes you sprint that card to the podium period. And I’m more referring to juice in his feet and legs to elude. The way the kid thinks the game is already top shelf
Not to be too much of a contrarian here, but I have never seen any player's college flaws suddenly alleviate themselves just by moving to the NFL. If anything, the flaws are amplified and exploited to become much larger issues then they were at the college level. It is possible for a player to grow and eventually hide or overcome some deficiencies over time, but that is typically a drawn out process that takes a lot of time.

Isn’t it ironic how the portrait of durability Drew Lock began his career on IR after injuring his thumb in preseason and couldn’t even practice with the team until November.

:lol:
That's the whole point. Even the hardiest players can get injured significantly. The fragile players are almost never healthy. Is Tua more likely to be Lock, or more likely to be the QB equivalent of DVP?

How any Dolphin fan can ignore that with the most talented O-line and receiver Corp in college football Tua couldn’t stay healthy ... and lost his two biggest games against Clemson and LSU is beyond me....if he was durable I’d be in....since he’s not any trade up for him is foolish.
Why was the LSU game bigger than the Georgia game he won his freshman year for the title? Or the LSU, Georgia, or Oklahoma games his sophomore year?
And he threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs against the best team in the country on one leg in that game, so it’s not like he crapped the bed.

That's the whole point. Even the hardiest players can get injured significantly. The fragile players are almost never healthy. Is Tua more likely to be Lock, or more likely to be the QB equivalent of DVP?

The point is you can’t project durability. You can’t predict injuries. You think it’s as simple as player x is durable and player y is fragile. A lot of people need labels - it helps them compartmentalize things.

What’s more likely is that Tua misses less games his first season playing than Drew Lock has already missed. I’d bet $100 on it if you’ll bet against it.

The point is that Tua is unreliable. His production is unreliable because it's wacky, we cannot rely on it to project anything. And his health is unrealiable. There is nothing we can say or project with any certainty about Tua. And he does not have a frame and arm that we can say, okay, even though production and health are unreliable, he has the frame and arm, instrinsic qualities, that can carry him in bad times.
No thanks! I'd pass.

With 14 picks I can stomach gambling the 5th on him if they are sold...but I see him as fragile!
With the best offensive line in the PAC 12, Herbert sustained a broken collar bone, a concussion, a deep shoulder bruise, and a knee injury. Could you imagine what that injury history would look like if he actually played in a good conference like the SEC? Wait until he gets to the NFL where defenses are bigger, stronger, and faster. He already processes information too slow in the freaking PAC 12. He might die in the NFL. I proclaim Herbert injury prone! If you can do it for Tua. I can do it for Herbert. Not to mention, he's not as good as Tua. So there's that. With 14 picks I couldn't stomach one pick on Herbert if Miami has an opportunity to get the vastly better player in Tua.

Not to be too much of a contrarian here, but I have never seen any player's college flaws suddenly alleviate themselves just by moving to the NFL. If anything, the flaws are amplified and exploited to become much larger issues then they were at the college level. It is possible for a player to grow and eventually hide or overcome some deficiencies over time, but that is typically a drawn out process that takes a lot of time.
Then Herbert shouldn't even be drafted.

Would it shock anyone if they pass on Tua and draft Love at #18 or trade up to get Love earlier?
Then who do they pick at #5.
Maybe Brown who they personally visited and seem to like.

Would it shock anyone if they pass on Tua and draft Love at #18 or trade up to get Love earlier?
Then who do they pick at #5.
Maybe Brown who they personally visited and seem to like.
If they pass on Tua at 5 and take a defensive tackle instead, they should be fired before they make the pick at 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom