****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 327 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they pass on Tua at 5 and take a defensive tackle instead, they should be fired before they make the pick at 18.

As much as I critique Tua, if he is sitting there at 5 and we pick Love or take a OT or DT then get Love later? That would make me turn off the TV and over the years I have had to do that too much with this franchise. I want Tua or Burrow, if both were healthy I would want Tua. I just don't know how you weigh what you give up to get the healthier option. You give me Tua at 5 and not give up anything? Give up 3 - 1st to get Burrow plus another pick? I will roll the dice on Tua.

We have been linked to Tua for so long are we really NOT going to take him?

The point is that Tua is unreliable. His production is unreliable because it's wacky, we cannot rely on it to project anything. And his health is unrealiable. There is nothing we can say or project with any certainty about Tua. And he does not have a frame and arm that we can say, okay, even though production and health are unreliable, he has the frame and arm, instrinsic qualities, that can carry him in bad times.
No thanks! I'd pass.

The point is you can’t project durability. You can’t predict injuries. You think it’s as simple as player x is durable and player y is fragile. A lot of people need labels - it helps them compartmentalize things.

What’s more likely is that Tua misses less games his first season playing than Drew Lock has already missed. I’d bet $100 on it if you’ll bet against it.
This just isn't entirely true. I have never seen an oft injured college player suddenly become durable at the next level. This is further amplified when the injury is serious. Fully recovered or not, the hip injury was serious. Just look at the Dolphin's track record when drafting players with significant injuries. How has that worked out for them overall?

I get that Tua is your boy and all, but throwing out all common sense about him is just foolish. When you are arguing for the exception instead of the rule, at least provide some evidence. All we get is that injury Issues and holes in his game don't matter because.....Tua!

This just isn't entirely true. I have never seen an oft injured college player suddenly become durable at the next level. This is further amplified when the injury is serious. Fully recovered or not, the hip injury was serious. Just look at the Dolphin's track record when drafting players with significant injuries. How has that worked out for them overall?

I get that Tua is your boy and all, but throwing out all common sense about him is just foolish. When you are arguing for the exception instead of the rule, at least provide some evidence. All we get is that injury Issues and holes in his game don't matter because.....Tua!

Frank Gore tore his ACL in the same knee two years in a row, Adrian Peterson broke his foot his sophomore year in 2005 along with having an ankle injury and broke his collarbone his JR year in 2006. Those are 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Holes? Do tell

jaws-indianapolis.jpg

I saw Zachattack72, Herbert lover, nice kid...He wrote a durability post on the Tua thread...

DjYhmxrW0AAvqkp.jpg

Well let's just say he was torn to pieces...

The point is you can’t project durability. You can’t predict injuries. You think it’s as simple as player x is durable and player y is fragile. A lot of people need labels - it helps them compartmentalize things.

What’s more likely is that Tua misses less games his first season playing than Drew Lock has already missed. I’d bet $100 on it if you’ll bet against it.

The NFL doesn’t agree with you and certainly looks at a history of Two years starting and 3 lower extremity surgeries as risky and a durability red flag.

Some GM will take the gamble...and it might be Chris Grier...but He should not trade up to take that gamble.

Deshaun Watson has torn his ACL twice...on the same knee...he Is one cut away from knee replacement.

The NFL doesn’t agree with you and certainly looks at a history of Two years starting and 3 lower extremity surgeries as risky and a durability red flag.

Some GM will take the gamble...and it might be Chris Grier...but He should not trade up to take that gamble.
And you know that how? What kind of a basis of argument is this? Pure hyperbole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom