****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 329 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you naysayers will be denied access to Tua-dollars when the world goes cashless...and Vaark, if history rapes itself, does that make us historians.

And you know that how? What kind of a basis of argument is this? Pure hyperbole?

Yeah... his multiple injuries in 20+ games is hyperbole.... and he’s gonna make it through a 17+ game season in the NFL... against bigger faster defenders....without the advantage of the most stacked lineup in college football....I know it because of logic and reason...

What I like about TUA is he gets rid of the ball fast. He has a quick release that can mitigate getting sacks with his quick feet. Marino also had a quick release that frustrated defenses cause although Marino can not run fast he got rid of the ball before they could tackle him.

TUA just needs to learn to throw ball away a little sooner and slide when he is about to be tackled.
Yup and we used to give peyton manning a beating until he learned to get rid of it fast. It's all what's upstairs and Tua has that.

Yeah... his multiple injuries in 20+ games is hyperbole.... and he’s gonna make it through a 17+ game season in the NFL... against bigger faster defenders....without the advantage of the most stacked lineup in college football....I know it because of logic and reason...

He'll make it to the cryogenic machine.

I've posted studies, I've taken time to do a little digging on this. So anything you have to back this up except throwing out statements like "logic and reason". Lower Extremity injuries are an issue if they are muscle-related...broken bones don't make the player more susceptible to injury. Size doesn't make a player more susceptible to injury, under ankle injuries...players are only 10% more likely than a player without the injury to repeat.

So please...if you are going to jack off on the keyboard and hit post, at least provide something to back it up.

I'm so scared Miami is going to blow this and pass on Tua for Herbert. It will be the biggest buzzkill I have ever had on draft day. I will feel like all of the Jets' fans they showed when the Jets passed on Dan Marino for Ken O'Brien or when they passed on Warren Sapp for Kyle Brady.

I've posted studies, I've taken time to do a little digging on this. So anything you have to back this up except throwing out statements like "logic and reason". Lower Extremity injuries are an issue if they are muscle-related...broken bones don't make the player more susceptible to injury. Size doesn't make a player more susceptible to injury, under ankle injuries...players are only 10% more likely than a player without the injury to repeat.

So please...if you are going to jack off on the keyboard and hit post, at least provide something to back it up.
Its pretty obvious by now that some people throw **** at walls to see if it sticks... And when it doesnt, they just find another wall. As for the research you posted(Which is the most extensive one I have found online), I dont expect anyone to go through all that when they find out they've been wrong all along halfway through the 1st page...

Its pretty obvious by now that some people throw **** at walls to see if it sticks... And when it doesnt, they just find another wall. As for the research you posted(Which is the most extensive one I have found online), I dont expect anyone to go through all that when they find out they've been wrong all along halfway through the 1st page...

This is from the same report which breaks injuries down by position..

• Shoulder injuries, rather than knee injuries, are the biggest bane of quarterbacks, by a large margin. Knee injuries are the biggest problem for every other position and for players overall. Digging a bit deeper into shoulders, "other" shoulder injuries only keep quarterbacks out a couple of weeks on average, but if you hear the word "tear" (e.g. labrum tear, rotator cuff tear), go ahead and weep into your bourbon. Fortunately, as you might expect, comparatively minor shoulder injuries are substantially more common than IR-inducing tears.
  • Elbow problems come in second in overall damage for quarterbacks. This is way higher than these injuries appear for any other position, and they're not even in the top 20 overall.
  • Concussions, when they happen, might be a bit more severe for quarterbacks, who miss 1.6 weeks on average vs. 1.2 weeks for players overall.
  • "Other" shoulder injuries knock quarterbacks out for 2.4 weeks on average, compared to 1.4 weeks for all other players. Shoulder tears are identically problematic at 8.4 weeks for quarterbacks and players overall. If you really ripped up your shoulder, you're out for the rest of the season no matter where you play.

It does seem like shoulder issues are the biggest problems for QBs...and concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom