****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 328 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the best offensive line in the PAC 12, Herbert sustained a broken collar bone, a concussion, a deep shoulder bruise, and a knee injury. Could you imagine what that injury history would look like if he actually played in a good conference like the SEC? Wait until he gets to the NFL where defenses are bigger, stronger, and faster. He already processes information too slow in the freaking PAC 12. He might die in the NFL. I proclaim Herbert injury prone! If you can do it for Tua. I can do it for Herbert. Not to mention, he's not as good as Tua. So there's that. With 14 picks I couldn't stomach one pick on Herbert if Miami has an opportunity to get the vastly better player in Tua.
And this goes unnoticed by so many

Vaark what do you think about Herbert's injury history?

Your boy Rosens also had some concussions. A few more hits to the head and he could be swiss cheese :ponder:
Yet behind the 2 worst lines the last 2 years, Rosen showed more durability than I'd imagine a Tua would have. Re Herbert, his injuries are a concern but somewhat offset by his physique, again unlike Tua.

edit: again if Tua falls to us at 5 I will root strongly for him and hope that he will be an anomaly to the old adage of ignoring history reaping doom . However, what I don't want to see if moving up using other first round capital and having nothing to show for the first round if history does repeat itself.

Last edited:
Yet behind the 2 worst lines the last 2 years, Rosen showed more durability than I'd imagine a Tua would have. Re Herbert, his injuries are a concern but somewhat offset by his physique, again unlike Tua.

edit: again if Tua falls to us at 5 I will root strongly for him and hope that he will be an anomaly to the old adage of ignoring history reaping doom . However, what I don't want to see if moving up using other first round capital and having nothing to show for the first round if history does repeat itself.

And Herbert?

What I like about TUA is he gets rid of the ball fast. He has a quick release that can mitigate getting sacks with his quick feet. Marino also had a quick release that frustrated defenses cause although Marino can not run fast he got rid of the ball before they could tackle him.

TUA just needs to learn to throw ball away a little sooner and slide when he is about to be tackled.

Just curious...do you have any studies that back up anything you say. I far as I can tell, Injuries and injury-prone is not a real thing...many doctors have discussed this including Dr. Andrews. He refers to it as injury-unfortunate. Not something that can be predicted. If you do indeed have a study that says otherwise I would love to see it.

Also, there is nothing that says smaller players or shorter players are more likely yo be injured. Once again, what does Herbert's physique have to do with "not getting injured"?

Read that again
my bad! Somehow read over that bit. Fair enough, but I just think its interesting how everyone needs to mention every single scrape Tua has had, yet dont even give a single thought to injuries others have had as well. The hip is the huge one sure, but the rest arent so bad.

I know your style Vaark, you will root for whoever dons a phin uni, and thats great!

Just curious...do you have any studies that back up anything you say. I far as I can tell, Injuries and injury-prone is not a real thing...many doctors have discussed this including Dr. Andrews. He refers to it as injury-unfortunate. Not something that can be predicted. If you do indeed have a study that says otherwise I would love to see it.

Also, there is nothing that says smaller players or shorter players are more likely yo be injured. Once again, what does Herbert's physique have to do with "not getting injured"?
I think I'm just going start saying that history shows players that are injured in college are less likely to be injured in the NFL.
If I keep repeating it, maybe it will stick

So I did find a study by football outsiders...

So here it discusses injuries and it does discuss Lower Extremity injuries. The ones that tend to have the biggest issues are the ones that happen to muscle groups. Muscle injuries...see Parker. Ankle injuries do not necessarily increase a significant amount if you have had one...about 10% more likely then the person who has not had an ankle injury.

The hip injury is unique as not many players have had that type of injury and there really isn't a graph for it...while they have hip down, I don't think it takes into account that type of injury.

They do discuss upper extremity injuries and that had little impact (with the exception of muscle issues) on a player able to return because those tend to happen because of a violent tackle. Typically players recover and don't have a repeat. This is interesting because Tua's injury seems more like that type of injury...a freak type of hit that very rarely happens, but it is to the lower half.

So I did find a study by football outsiders...

So here it discusses injuries and it does discuss Lower Extremity injuries. The ones that tend to have the biggest issues are the ones that happen to muscle groups. Muscle injuries...see Parker. Ankle injuries do not necessarily increase a significant amount if you have had one...about 10% more likely then the person who has not had an ankle injury.

From what I've read the ankle surgeries that Tua has had actually reduce his chances of ankle injury, not increase them.

I'd think with the way Herbert plays, because he's more of a take off and run kind of player, he's prone to more injuries.

I'd think with the way Herbert plays, because he's more of a take off and run kind of player, he's prone to more injuries.
I don't agree that Herbert is a take off runner. He averaged 4.7 rush attempts per game over last 2 years. Tua averaged 3.3. Not really a difference. Now compare that to hurts 13.4 average and you get a true run first qb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom