****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to direct this response to hoops and ANU since they asked in the now locked thread...

Tua struggled with this decision. This was the biggest decision of his life that was going to impact the rest of his life and his family’s - and he had to do it surrounded with an innumerable amount of uncertainties.

Tua wanted to come back and thought he was coming back, until Friday.

Dad is not a problem. What I’m saying is he was aware that Tua was in a vulnerable position where he was likely to make an emotional decision instead of the best business decision. This was a business decision. Dad was there to ensure they made the best business decision. It had to be this.
I read Saban also advised Tua the smart decision was to declare. As for Galu (?) he's another victim of social media ignorance. I'm glad I'm not a youngster that's growing up in a world where "likes" define social acceptance and self esteem.

I'm a Chiefs fan, I'll say that first. I was bouncing off the walls when we traded up to #10 for Mahomes. You guys want Tua to be Mahomes, but there are a few differences you're ignoring, willfully or not.

A team that takes Tua top 5 and doesn't have a mentorship plan for him is asking for failure. The Chiefs drafted Mahomes to be the QBOTF (not expecting him to put up the numbers he did in 2018) when they already had a decent QB in Alex Smith. Alex was an absolutely awesome mentor for Mahomes, knowing that he was teaching the guy who would take his job. Mahomes could take a year learning the offense, learning how to lead, and learning how to learn in the NFL. The Chiefs wanted him not just because of his arm strength, but because of his ability to memorize and repeat information, but that still takes time for an entire playbook. A QB has to know every aspect of every play to be as good as Mahomes was in 2018, as good as Brees is, as Brady is. Tua's got the physical talents to be good, but Geno Smith looked good enough for some (moronic) Chiefs fans to want him a few years ago, too. I was absolutely not in that boat. Beware of the teammates making a decent player look amazing. (Ryan Leaf, Julius Peppers made Ryan Sims look good and the Chiefs passed on guys like John Henderson and Dwight Freeney... they even traded up to get him)

The hip injury is only part of his medical history, and a team thinking that they'll have him play in 2020 is foolish. The best situation for him would be rehabbing and learning for a year, maybe starting on IR like Drew Lock was able to do for the Donkeys this year.

Tannehill sure looks like a decent QB, even unseating Mariota. I'm guessing that this angst is part of what leads some of you to be so infatuated with Tua; you just want that franchise QB. I agree with those of you who are ok getting him at 5, but not trading up. If you can't mentor the guy, he may be a bust, anyway.

I'm a Chiefs fan, I'll say that first. I was bouncing off the walls when we traded up to #10 for Mahomes. You guys want Tua to be Mahomes, but there are a few differences you're ignoring, willfully or not.

A team that takes Tua top 5 and doesn't have a mentorship plan for him is asking for failure. The Chiefs drafted Mahomes to be the QBOTF (not expecting him to put up the numbers he did in 2018) when they already had a decent QB in Alex Smith. Alex was an absolutely awesome mentor for Mahomes, knowing that he was teaching the guy who would take his job. Mahomes could take a year learning the offense, learning how to lead, and learning how to learn in the NFL. The Chiefs wanted him not just because of his arm strength, but because of his ability to memorize and repeat information, but that still takes time for an entire playbook. A QB has to know every aspect of every play to be as good as Mahomes was in 2018, as good as Brees is, as Brady is. Tua's got the physical talents to be good, but Geno Smith looked good enough for some (moronic) Chiefs fans to want him a few years ago, too. I was absolutely not in that boat. Beware of the teammates making a decent player look amazing. (Ryan Leaf, Julius Peppers made Ryan Sims look good and the Chiefs passed on guys like John Henderson and Dwight Freeney... they even traded up to get him)

The hip injury is only part of his medical history, and a team thinking that they'll have him play in 2020 is foolish. The best situation for him would be rehabbing and learning for a year, maybe starting on IR like Drew Lock was able to do for the Donkeys this year.

Tannehill sure looks like a decent QB, even unseating Mariota. I'm guessing that this angst is part of what leads some of you to be so infatuated with Tua; you just want that franchise QB. I agree with those of you who are ok getting him at 5, but not trading up. If you can't mentor the guy, he may be a bust, anyway.

You wrote all of that and didn't mention the Dolphins current Qb as a perfect "mentor"..wow!

Most people are comfortable that Fitz will act as mentor, and have assumed that Tua will not be ready to play in 2020 and will learn for a year. Also Tua's intelligence and intangibles are part of the allure of him while his arm strength is one of the things questioned. In fact most of the things you're saying we're ignoring are not the case at all. What you're saying would make far more sense if you were talking about Justin Herbert or Jordan Love, guys who have unquestionable physical skills but questions elsewhere.

And the infatuation with Tua has nothing to do with Tannehill succeeding, it's been going on longer than that.

You wrote all of that and didn't mention the Dolphins current Qb as a perfect "mentor"..wow!
No, I don't pay attention to QB contracts for the Dolphins, nor do I think someone as irregular as he is, is generally a good mentor. Fitzmagic is real, but so is Fitz-INT-for-TD. He's a journeyman for a reason. Can he be a good mentor? Sure. At this point, he's been in your system for a whole year, so he know's the offense pretty good, the coaching staff trusts him (when the other guys flaked out). And he's got a cool beard, and I hope he beats the drum at Arrowhead Sunday.

Most people are comfortable that Fitz will act as mentor, and have assumed that Tua will not be ready to play in 2020 and will learn for a year. Also Tua's intelligence and intangibles are part of the allure of him while his arm strength is one of the things questioned. In fact most of the things you're saying we're ignoring are not the case at all. What you're saying would make far more sense if you were talking about Justin Herbert or Jordan Love.

And the infatuation with Tua has nothing to do with Tannehill succeeding, it's been going on longer than that.
Just because you're not ignoring it doesn't mean there aren't quite a few who are. They think mortgaging your future on a guy who won't be healthy enough to work out fully by the time he's drafted is a great plan, and if you don't agree you're crazy. I read the other thread.

Just because you're not ignoring it doesn't mean there aren't quite a few who are. They think mortgaging your future on a guy who won't be healthy enough to work out fully by the time he's drafted is a great plan, and if you don't agree you're crazy. I read the other thread.

Let's ignore this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom