****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s his arm? Do you think coaching can correct the deficiencies you pointed out? If we don’t pick one early is he your favorite catch pick 345 area

Plus arm no doubt. I’ve heard complaints about his decision making. Maybe with some quick stuff outside the numbers I might not have liked it relative to the coverage played. A few times he’s a little late too and trust his arm too much outside the numbers but that was mostly after he was moved off the spot and still trying to stay on schedule despite it. But more than anything for me it’s eye discipline. Guys shouldn’t be running under that arm if you aren’t giving away your intentions post snap. And he’s doing a lot of it. Not much manipulation of coverage. Maybe that’s some offensive adjustments he’s trying to adjust to be it personnel or scheme or 2019 and not quite there yet or maybe it’s coverage reads. Spread sometimes you are gonna stare down your intentions post snap. But I think if he kept his head and shoulders in the center of the field early post snap before pivoting to his intentions he wouldn’t have guys running under his eyes. They sitting on his eyes a lot. See it more in 19 than 18.

it’s a little bit of a flag imo. Physical tools wise that gets drafted early.

Last edited:

Tua won’t need a boat, he’ll walk on water.

On another note, would be cool if Dolphins brought back Flipper to transport him to the stage or jump through a flaming hoop to announce the selection.

I've been thinking for awhile now that the lions are going to try everything to move on from stafford.

I just cant see it, I know its my "I WANT TUA" bias. But to replace a guy who won an average of 9 games a year and you have won 9 games in 2 years can't imagine you have the confidence to take a guy to sit a year not really having a great shot at adding much talent in the draft otherwise. They are bottom half in available cap; so they are not going to be able to add much in FA if anything since players want to win and thats never really been a desirable destination. So to say I'm taking Tua sit him for a year and then trade Stafford going in 2021 makes no sense to me which is why it is exactly what will happen LOL. If he fails Patricia will never be a HC again, and doubt a guy who holds a NFL HC position would take a QB to groom knowing it is the next HC who would see the benefit of that pick should he have a poor year.

Stafford has an out after next year and I could see a move to get his eventual replacement then but this year just doesn't make a lot of sense when you, at least from an outside perspective have to win now, have limited cap space and only 6 total picks in the draft. To use one to pick a QB you may never see play versus a possible day one starter like Ohkuda, Simmons or Brown seems like a tough sell to me.

I've been thinking for awhile now that the lions are going to try everything to move on from stafford.
How does that square with GM and coach being on the hot seat to win in 2020? You think that they take a chance on a rebuild at the QB when Stafford was having a career year start to the season before getting hurt?

I just cant see it, I know its my "I WANT TUA" bias. But to replace a guy who won an average of 9 games a year and you have won 9 games in 2 years can't imagine you have the confidence to take a guy to sit a year not really having a great shot at adding much talent in the draft otherwise. They are bottom half in available cap; so they are not going to be able to add much in FA if anything since players want to win and thats never really been a desirable destination. So to say I'm taking Tua sit him for a year and then trade Stafford going in 2021 makes no sense to me which is why it is exactly what will happen LOL. If he fails Patricia will never be a HC again, and doubt a guy who holds a NFL HC position would take a QB to groom knowing it is the next HC who would see the benefit of that pick should he have a poor year.

Stafford has an out after next year and I could see a move to get his eventual replacement then but this year just doesn't make a lot of sense when you, at least from an outside perspective have to win now, have limited cap space and only 6 total picks in the draft. To use one to pick a QB you may never see play versus a possible day one starter like Ohkuda, Simmons or Brown seems like a tough sell to me.
I think the lions move in a different direction at qb but have never thought it would be Tua. I think if they do it's with Fromm or maybe Herbert. I agree Patricia needs to win immediately.

And it’s officially started folks.

dj mocks jordan love to the colts at 13 in his first mock.

He put Becton at #4, really like what I see on film but #4 seems high IMO, definitely a top 15 guy so cant be that big of a stretch.

And it’s officially started folks.

dj mocks jordan love to the colts at 13 in his first mock.

DJ definitely has some shockers in his first mock. Several guys that a lot of others do not have as first rounders. He does not have Chaisson in the first round or Gross-Matos in the first.

He has Zach Baun (Wis) and Davidson (Auburn DE) in the first.

DJ definitely has some shockers in his first mock. Several guys that a lot of others do not have as first rounders. He does not have Chaisson in the first round or Gross-Matos in the first.

He has Zach Baun (Wis) and Davidson (Auburn DE) in the first.

Yeah I don’t see it with either one of those players that high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom