****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love needs more eye discipline. He’s staring down primary’s. Eye banging the heck out of them. Needs to hold/manipulate the safety and lb level and off corner level more witb his eyes early post snap.

lots of jumping/running under his eyes on that 2019 tape
I saw the same from him this year Hoops. His main issue, which I believe is correctable is staring down the primary, locking on him and not properly progressing through his options. He needs to better look off the safeties and he doesn't currently do that well. Maybe he can't process the field quickly enough and therefore sticks with the primary as his security blanket, if that's the case, that's a problem. Hopefully, it's just a bad habit. He certainly has the tools to be successful. Thoughts?

Would be sweet. Gotta say Vegas is a great spot for the draft.
Actually marginal. It is an ok spot. Great if you book the right hotel. Someone on here booked the Mandalay Bay. If the Bellagio Fountain area as stage holds true then it is quite a hike from there. Vegas tends to shut down the strip for traffic for big events like that. Even if they keep it partially open driving will not be an option. And god forbid the Knights have a playoff time at the same time. :lol:

I saw the same from him this year Hoops. His main issue, which I believe is correctable is staring down the primary, locking on him and not properly progressing through his options. He needs to better look off the safeties and he doesn't currently do that well. Maybe he can't process the field quickly enough and therefore sticks with the primary as his security blanket, if that's the case, that's a problem. Hopefully, it's just a bad habit. He certainly has the tools to be successful. Thoughts?

I think the 19 tape from love just points me further and further towards tua and doing everything I can in my power to go get him (assuming the medical)

only thing I see on tuas tape other than medical is the occasional lack of verification post snap on a pre snap read/decision.

that’s it. And I think that’s more correctable with time and game reps than any of these other things I’m seeing witb the other qb options.

some guys just don’t look ready to me. Love I would sit. Eason I would sit.

some guys lack upside imo fromm.

some guys require a specific type of offense Herbert and burrow and imo tua to an extent.

but Herbert may not have it between the ears thus you have to limit the ask as a playcaller and limit the exposure in the process burrow may have an arm that you have to limit outside the numbers breaking concepts routes wise with (not many in that LSU offense) and tuas got medical.

Great assessment, I agree, Love/Herbert are must sits without a doubt. Given the choice I'd prefer Love over Herbert, I think he has more football smarts and the ceiling is higher. I also agree I don't think Herbert has it between the ears nor does he seem to be a "leader" to me. I think he suffers from similar deficiencies as Rosen. Rosen has the arm and mechanics but lacks leadership qualities and quick and decisive decision making.
Burrow is a smart guy and given time to throw he can pick you apart but he lacks the arm strength to complete the outside the numbers throws as you say, especially in the NFL. Those pick 6's can rack up pretty quickly when you can't get it out there quick enough with authority and I don't see that type of arm strength from him. You need to be able to make those throws in the NFL.
I see nothing in Fromm that tells me he's going to be a successful pro QB, he's average to me, I just don't see it. It's a shame the medicals are up in the air on Tua, on one hand, I say take a shot, on another I think, is he fleecing everyone to collect a one-time big paycheck? I dunno, I really don't. If he has any doubts he certainly isn't going to tell anyone waving money at him. Thanks for your response, I appreciate the input. :up:

Good lord what is it with Jordan love a
Great assessment, I agree, Love/Herbert are must sits without a doubt. Given the choice I'd prefer Love over Herbert, I think he has more football smarts and the ceiling is higher. I also agree I don't think Herbert has it between the ears nor does he seem to be a "leader" to me. I think he suffers from similar deficiencies as Rosen. Rosen has the arm and mechanics but lacks leadership qualities and quick and decisive decision making.
Burrow is a smart guy and given time to throw he can pick you apart but he lacks the arm strength to complete the outside the numbers throws as you say, especially in the NFL. Those pick 6's can rack up pretty quickly when you can't get it out there quick enough with authority and I don't see that type of arm strength from him. You need to be able to make those throws in the NFL.
I see nothing in Fromm that tells me he's going to be a successful pro QB, he's average to me, I just don't see it. It's a shame the medicals are up in the air on Tua, on one hand, I say take a shot, on another I think, is he fleecing everyone to collect a one-time big paycheck? I dunno, I really don't. If he has any doubts he certainly isn't going to tell anyone waving money at him. Thanks for your response, I appreciate the input. :up:

I've watched Game tape of Love, Just what the hell do you guys see in him!?

The guy throws most passes off his backfoot, Forces balls he shouldn't and terrible reads at times. If thats what you guys covet we can get Jameis Winston in here. I get he has a cannon arm but in what world is he leapfrogging Herbert or for some Tua!

Guy is a 3rd round project in my view and shouldn't see a field for at least a season possibly two.

Herbert is a safer pick but i don't think he will morph into a superstar at the NFL level.. He could be a tannehill type player which i don't feel like going through again.

UtahState_logo.gif
Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

1/2/20: In 2019, Love completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,402 yards with 20 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. He had some buzz about being a pro prospect coming off his 2018 season, when he completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,567 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions.

As a pro prospect, Love has some good tools to work with. He has a strong arm and can fire some lasers downfield and to the sideline. He also shows the ability to put air under the ball and throw touch passes. Lofting in passes between defenders and throwing receivers open can be tough for strong-armed quarterbacks as they can become too reliant on fast balls. Love does not have that issue. His pocket presence is developed, and he has some mobility to move around as well.

However, Love still has a lot to work on, with his field vision being painfully bad. He consistently locks his eyes on his primary read and does not move them away. He stares down targets and does not look off defenders. Love must start reading the field, working through his progressions, and making better decisions. Team sources felt that Love should have returned for his senior year to improve before going to the NFL, but he declared for the 2020 NFL Draft. One team source said they had a fourth-/fifth-round grade on Love.

I mean don't even make me go find the game tapes of this guy he barely threw more TD's then Int's.. A cannon arm is not even close to the most important attribute for a QB For every Mahomes there are about 100 QB's with cannon arms that bust out the NFL.

Last edited:
When it comes to a player like Tua Tagavailoa, you recognize that you're talking about a special player that doesn't come along very often - and at a position as critical as quarterback. You have to alter the way you think about draft prospects and the hit-or-miss aspect of it. All draft picks are risks. Huge risks.

When it comes to a player like Tua, it's not about hitting or missing on him. It's not about being right or being wrong, especially if you're a team like Miami.

When you're talking about a player this rare at a position this critical, the question becomes if you're right, or if you're wrong. Because one or the other is guaranteed to happen. There is no middle ground.

You have to analyze the answer to the 4 following questions:

Where are you as an organization in the future compared to where you've been in the past if you draft him and you're right?
Where are you as an organization in the future compared to where you've been in the past if you draft him and you're wrong?
Where are you as an organization in the future compared to where you've been in the past if you pass on him and you're right?
Where are you as an organization in the future compared to where you've been in the past if you pass on him and you're wrong?

The answer to all these questions should be what shapes your decision as an organization. The answer to all these questions probably points to the risk being worth the reward. You're never going to be worse off as an organization by taking chances on special players. However, you do have a lot to lose by passing on special players. Particularly quarterbacks.

Ability isn't the question. The question is what's to come of the right hip.

The current regime has already demonstrated how they've changed their thinking when it comes to risks. They're willing to take risks. In fact, taking risks has become a primary component of their philosophy in terms of roster building. It's what had to change if the organization was going to compete. I believe Ross gets it. I believe he does.

When Coach Orgeron interviewed for the job at LSU, he brought a folder with him. He had written down all the lessons he had learned from all the mistakes he had made throughout his career as a head coach at other stops that led to his failures. That's pretty stout. Probably a technique other coaches may want to start utilizing themselves.

I wouldn't doubt Ross has a folder of his own.

The folder with Orgeron sounds amazing. I may do that for my field of work. How did you hear about that?

Good lord what is it with Jordan love a

I've watched Game tape of Love, Just what the hell do you guys see in him!?

The guy throws most passes off his backfoot, Forces balls he shouldn't and terrible reads at times. If thats what you guys covet we can get Jameis Winston in here. I get he has a cannon arm but in what world is he leapfrogging Herbert or for some Tua!

Guy is a 3rd round project in my view and shouldn't see a field for at least a season possibly two.

Herbert is a safer pick but i don't think he will morph into a superstar at the NFL level.. He could be a tannehill type player which i don't feel like going through again.

UtahState_logo.gif
Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2020): 3-5.

1/2/20: In 2019, Love completed 62 percent of his passes for 3,402 yards with 20 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. He had some buzz about being a pro prospect coming off his 2018 season, when he completed 64 percent of his passes for 3,567 yards with 32 touchdowns and six interceptions.

As a pro prospect, Love has some good tools to work with. He has a strong arm and can fire some lasers downfield and to the sideline. He also shows the ability to put air under the ball and throw touch passes. Lofting in passes between defenders and throwing receivers open can be tough for strong-armed quarterbacks as they can become too reliant on fast balls. Love does not have that issue. His pocket presence is developed, and he has some mobility to move around as well.

However, Love still has a lot to work on, with his field vision being painfully bad. He consistently locks his eyes on his primary read and does not move them away. He stares down targets and does not look off defenders. Love must start reading the field, working through his progressions, and making better decisions. Team sources felt that Love should have returned for his senior year to improve before going to the NFL, but he declared for the 2020 NFL Draft. One team source said they had a fourth-/fifth-round grade on Love.

I mean don't even make me go find the game tapes of this guy he barely threw more TD's then Int's.. A cannon arm is not even close to the most important attribute for a QB For every Mahomes there are about 100 QB's with cannon arms that bust out the NFL.

He lost everyone, literally every rb and wr and coordinator. Watch and look at 2018...

He lost everyone, literally every rb and wr and coordinator. Watch and look at 2018...

Thats not going to make him hit his RB in stride on simple Screen Passes or not force throws into double coverage but sure i'll give 2018 a try but i don't magically think his accuracy is going to be so much better.

I did just look for his 2018 gametape but its not really game tape, I need to see every pass in a game not just completions all i can get are his 2019 gametapes and sorry just not that pretty. He did look much more smooth in 2018 but literally only vs AIr Force and UNLV and didn't show the complete picture

I’m not buying it unless they aren’t interested in tua. Not move to 1 for that price yeah I buy that. But anything after...nope
If that truly is the case than this franchise is in really bad hands. Unless they just don't love Tua. If Tua is their guy, they better be willing to part with some of those assets.

Actually marginal. It is an ok spot. Great if you book the right hotel. Someone on here booked the Mandalay Bay. If the Bellagio Fountain area as stage holds true then it is quite a hike from there. Vegas tends to shut down the strip for traffic for big events like that. Even if they keep it partially open driving will not be an option. And god forbid the Knights have a playoff time at the same time. :lol:
I’ve always wanted to go to Vegas and the NFL draft so I get to kill two stones with one bird here! My best friend and I are staying at The Orleans and walking over to the strip for the draft but we’re still so exited!

I’ve always wanted to go to Vegas and the NFL draft so I get to kill two stones with one bird here! My best friend and I are staying at The Orleans and walking over to the strip for the draft but we’re still so exited!
Bring your walking boots though. It is quite a walk from The Orleans to the strip.

The NFL is a copycat league, many people see Love and likely go OMG next Mahomes right there. Because he has tremendous skill and upside along with a cannon for an arm, but if you are honest and break down reports from Mahomes it was mostly his mechanics, could he learn an NFL system coming from Texas Tech (under center etc etc) and was his arm strength and gunslinger mentality going to hurt him due to arm arrogance. Love has many many more flaws in his game. And while talented he just seems to be shook when he doesnt have his creature comforts. Even with the first day of Senior Bowl practice it seems if he doenst have a rapport with a receiver then he just isnt accurate and if that happens versus air or in controlled practice environment how can you say in game will be better?

I know every QB has flaws or something to point to. Burrow is can his arm make those deep comebacks or outs on the far hash outside the numbers. Was he a one year wonder, yes he is poised but is the gap between what he had at LSU vs the NFL going to expose anything? Tua has a questionable medical history and makes you ask if he can take any hits let alone the abuse of a long career. Herbert has every tool you want but never put in an offense to truly highlight his skills, does he have the mental game? Can he be a leader though he is a laid back guy? Fromm has elite mental aspects but is very limited physically and also has some mechanical issues. Eason has never had it between the ears despite possibly having the most physical tools...etc etc

This is the hardest position in sports to scout and project, I have my opinions but that are based on my concepts of success and ability to translate. We shall see the direction it all goes here in just a few short months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom