Tua's trainer/owner of Perform goes at Flores | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's trainer/owner of Perform goes at Flores

No. Just an example of someone who took two untouched blitzing hits from Buffalo and was fine.

Phenomenal play by Watson. Really top tier stuff. It's one of the reasons that he was/is a top 5 QB. But it doesn't prove or disprove anything about Tua's "fragility".

1) Watson doesn't get blasted in his ribs
2) Watson doesn't have the full weight of a 300 pound defensive lineman drive him into the ground on his ribs.

It's fine if you or anyone else doesn't like Tua. I don't like or dislike him yet. But that hit he took was wicked (albeit clean and completely legal). If you think that most QBs would've gotten up from a hit like that unscathed, then you're being intellectually dishonest. A taller, larger framed QB may absorb that hit. And while they may not sustain a rib injury (because the target area would be different, due to height), they may sustain a much worse injury, such as a clavicle, collarbone and/or shoulder, due to being driven into the ground. It's happened many, many times in the past, and it's part of the reason for the rule changes protecting the QB.

I guess what I'm saying is, you can dislike a player without making hyperbolic statements to drive home your point.

Tua could make a solid back up.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

Phenomenal play by Watson. Really top tier stuff. It's one of the reasons that he was/is a top 5 QB. But it doesn't prove or disprove anything about Tua's "fragility".

1) Watson doesn't get blasted in his ribs
2) Watson doesn't have the full weight of a 300 pound defensive lineman drive him into the ground on his ribs.

It's fine if you or anyone else doesn't like Tua. I don't like or dislike him yet. But that hit he took was wicked (albeit clean and completely legal). If you think that most QBs would've gotten up from a hit like that unscathed, then you're being intellectually dishonest. A taller, larger framed QB may absorb that hit. And while they may not sustain a rib injury (because the target area would be different, due to height), they may sustain a much worse injury, such as a clavicle, collarbone and/or shoulder, due to being driven into the ground. It's happened many, many times in the past, and it's part of the reason for the rule changes protecting the QB.

I guess what I'm saying is, you can dislike a player without making hyperbolic statements to drive home your point.
LOL. Speaking of hyperbolic statements, he didn't get hit by 300 lbs. He got hit by A.J. Epenesa, who reported to OTAs "at 252 pounds."

If you watch the All-22s, Tua saw him in his peripheral, but he decided to stand in, not brace himself, and throw the ball. There was nothing special about the hit. QBs get hit a whole lot. He better get used to the NFL as a pocket passer.

Last edited:
Leigh Steinberg and his marketing department should win a Nobel Prize. They made a lot of people accept their truth instead of looking at the glaring facts on the ground.
you are copying what that failed executive lombardi said about steinberg. That had nothing to do with it. This stuff happens all the time. brady went into the 6 round. Was that cause the other qbs were marketing their guy better. Scouts just missed on Herbert including washingtion, lions, bungles, giants, and dolphins.

you are copying what that failed executive lombardi said about steinberg. That had nothing to do with it. This stuff happens all the time. brady went into the 6 round. Was that cause the other qbs were marketing their guy better. Scouts just missed on Herbert including washingtion, lions, bungles, giants, and dolphins.
This wasn't a scouting thing. Any scout with eyes can see the drastic differences in arm strength, physical strength, build, speed, health at the time, ect...

This was marketing and being enamored with Alabama program results instead of individual scouting evaluations.

This wasn't a scouting thing. Any scout with eyes can see the drastic differences in arm strength, physical strength, build, speed, health at the time, ect...

This was marketing and being enamored with Alabama program results instead of individual scouting evaluations.
nothing to do with marketing just bad scouting. Though tua can be a good to great qb with a good line. But so was the case with tannehill. We can agree to disagree. Tua will do well once he gets out of miami

LOL. Speaking of hyperbolic statements, he didn't get hit by 300 lbs. He got hit by A.J. Epenesa, who reported to OTAs "at 252 pounds."

If you watch the All-22s, Tua saw him in his peripheral, but he decided to stand in, not brace himself, and throw the ball. There was nothing special about the hit. QBs get hit a whole lot. He better get used to the NFL as a pocket passer.
You're right, Tua probably saw him coming, 4th and 2... If its 3rd and 2, he probably braces for contact, takes the sack and the Fins punt. In that scenario, you're still shitting on Tua because he's scared to take a hit. Tua probably knew he was getting hit on that play, I'd wager he thought he'd have more than 1.9 seconds to release that ball though. And a clean hit like that will fracture ribs on most QBs when into their throwing motion.

There was a play either the same week that Tua was hurt or the week after where Justin Herbert took an almost identical style hit and got up and walked off. I specifically thought to myself "that hit knocks Tua out." QBs get hit more than the camera shows. A good o-line is definitely imperative to success, but a QB also needs to be able to stand in there, deliver the ball at the last second, still absorb a hit, and be ready for the next play.

You're right, Tua probably saw him coming, 4th and 2... If its 3rd and 2, he probably braces for contact, takes the sack and the Fins punt. In that scenario, you're still ****ting on Tua because he's scared to take a hit. Tua probably knew he was getting hit on that play, I'd wager he thought he'd have more than 1.9 seconds to release that ball though. And a clean hit like that will fracture ribs on most QBs when into their throwing motion.
You make up a lot of things to fit a narrative, don't you? I never said Tua was scared to take a hit. In fact, I've never questioned Tua's heart or desire to win.

Tua doesn't do well throwing outside of the pocket going back to his college days. If he's going to be a pocket passer in this league w/ his physical limitations, he's going to take some hits. With his build and extensive injury, that does not bode well for his future.

But unlike you, I'm willing to admit I made a mistake. I made mistake about Epenesa's weight. Will you do the same if you're proven wrong about Tua? Actually, don't answer that. I really don't care. I'd much rather be dead ass wrong about every opinion I have about the Dolphins, and the team end up wildly successful, than to be proven right, and they're awful.

But unlike you, I'm willing to admit I made a mistake. I made mistake about Epenesa's weight. Will you do the same if you're proven wrong about Tua? Actually, don't answer that. I really don't care. I'd much rather be dead *** wrong about every opinion I have about the Dolphins, and the team end up wildly successful, than to be proven right, and they're awful.
Where have I been unwilling to admit a mistake? Where have i been wrong about Tua? The data shows Tua isn't good outside the pocket. The data shows Tua has a long injury history. The data shows Tua has a small build. These are facts.

If your opinion is that every QB in the league gets injured on that same hit. That's all it is. An opinion. I see many QBs take similar hits as @PawmSWAT mentioned, so like him/her, I disagree with your assertion, and obviously there is no way for either of us to prove our opinions.

6'1" 217 is not a small build. And actual data shows that being bigger doesnt equate less injuries... So yeah...
What's the average weight and height of a modern day NFL QB?

You are correct, bigger doesn't equate to less injuries, but it helps. The largest indicator of future injuries, is past injuries, which again, Tua has in spades.

What's the average weight and height of a NFL QB?

You are correct, bigger doesn't equate to less injuries, but it helps. The largest indicator of future injuries, is past injuries, which again, Tua has in spades.
Current starting QBs:

Average Height: 75.7"
Average Weight: 221 (No thanks to tons of fun Big Ben)

Tua Height: 73"
Tua Weight: 217

Back
Top Bottom