Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

Even if you believe that Derrick Henry is the best offensive player on that team, it's easy to see who the leader of that team is - its the QB who has made everyone around him better.

Since Tannehill has taken over as starter no team has had more comeback victories. But I guess that's all on Derrick Henry too...
NFL top 100 players:

Derrick Henry...#10

RT17...#68

tenor.gif

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Sorry to crush your delusion...but Tannehill is simply a starting QB with the best running attack in the NFL.

NFL top 100 players:

Derrick Henry...#10

RT17...#68

tenor.gif

So when Tannehill comes in ahead of Henry for this year on the top 100(which many stat watchers, media, etc.. have a problem with but it is based on players thoughts/votes) what do you say then? And if you truly think all Ryan has done is lob passes over LBer's heads that have crowded the line, you need to go back and watch the games over the last 18 games.

Let's also forget to mention majority of the top 100 outside of the top 5 are based on wow plays that players remember. Oh so Minkah at 35 was more important to the Steelers with his lucky thrown to INTs then Tannehill was to Titans? Richard Sherman with his 3 INTS was better then Ryan? Todd Gurley and his 800 and some change rushing yards was more important/added more value/wins to his team then Tannehill did to Titans? Don't just pick a list and be like yep this proves it. Go back and look at all the list done since the top 100 players has started and if you can tell me each year you can't find fault with 10 or so of the players at their assigned/voted on rank number, then maybe your defense of "henry - #10, Ryan - #68" will hold a smidge of something more then pure blind dislike for Tannehill.

If you want to just lob stuff out there to prove a point..... Titans locked down Tannehill first with new contract, Henry second.. So in Titans eyes: Ryan #1 Henry #2

Last edited:
NFL top 100 players:

Derrick Henry...#10

RT17...#68

tenor.gif

Lol. An absolutely meaningless ranking. Tannehill is currently ranked the 4th or 5th QB in the league, depending on which outlet you select. Henry was a completely pedestrian back last year until RT came in. I can only conclude that you have not watched any of the Titans games, or are completely devoid of the ability to objectively evaluate QB play. Of course, maybe I am just feeding a troll.

Lol. An absolutely meaningless ranking. Tannehill is currently ranked the 4th or 5th QB in the league, depending on which outlet you select. Henry was a completely pedestrian back last year until RT came in. I can only conclude that you have not watched any of the Titans games, or are completely devoid of the ability to objectively evaluate QB play. Of course, maybe I am just feeding a troll.
CTFU!!!

What was Tannehill before he came to the Titans?

CTFU!!!

What was Tannehill before he came to the Titans?
A very good QB being held back by shitty coaching and a terrible supporting cast. I thought that was obvious even to the biggest haters by now. Guess not.

It is also irrelevant since we are talking about Tannehill's performance with the Titans .....

That's exactly what you're doing.

What was Henry last year with Mariotta?
He was a starting NFL running back with only a 3.7 YPC

Edit: To compare, there are a lot of people on this board that feel Gaskin is nothing more than a backup, and Miami needs to draft a RB high next year. Gaskin is averaging 4.1 YPC.

you don't throw for 37 with 8 ints post a 12 -4 record and throw for 69% completion because you're an average QB feasting on a great Running back. you just don't. Anyone saying otherwise just needs to stop. also for the year his QBR is up and he has only been sacked 7 times in 6 games. so ... just stop already.

Understanding the dynamic of football is hard. The reason why Mario never won a ship is because of RB period! Henry is an absolute luxury most QB would kill for. It makes defense game plan and play so much harder.

Understanding the dynamic of football is hard. The reason why Mario never won a ship is because of RB period! Henry is an absolute luxury most QB would kill for. It makes defense game plan and play so much harder.
There's nothing hard to understand about it all. Obviously, having a good RB is going to make a team more balanced and aid the QB, but the opposite is also true. A great QB is going to force the defense to respect the pass and will not allow the defense to stack the box, thereby dramatically increasing the RB's success. The notion that Tannehill is just skating by on Henry's performance is like saying Henry is just skating by on his OL's run blocking skills. Clearly they are all critical components for success and are synergistic, but the fact that they feed well off each other in no way devalues their individual greatness. If Henry runs for 200 yards a game and Tannehill doesn't do his job, you still have a lot of losses and an anemic offense, and eventually, defenses won't worry about the QB at all and will just shut down Henry. This is something Dolphins fans should understand from the Ricky Williams era in Miami. We had the best RB in the league and a decent OL, but how did our QB do again? Nothing like Tannehill has in Tennessee.

It's time to simply admit you're wrong about Tannehill.

Henry is completely critical to Titans success. He is the farthest player from an absolute luxury.

Back
Top Bottom