Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

This is a Tannehill thread so the topic is well....Ryan Tannehill. I am deleting the childish comments and this post serves as warning, the next out of line comment gets a thread ban.

Carry on, civilly please.
Will do

To steer this thread back on track....

Tannehill is a great dude. Love that he is having success now and wish him the best. Will always remain a fan of his, unless he decides to team up with an AFC East rival

To steer this thread back on track....

Tannehill is a great dude. Love that he is having success now and wish him the best. Will always remain a fan of his, unless he decides to team up with an AFC East rival
Exactly, good guy, good teammate, good riddance.

We should always remember: our GM got a 4th round pick for a top 5 QB. I have no idea why this is no major story. Must be the worst trade of all time.
That was Tannehill's value at the time. He wasn't a top 5 QB at the time of the trade and it was known that we were going to be moving on so its almost surprising we even got a mid round pick.

We should always remember: our GM got a 4th round pick for a top 5 QB. I have no idea why this is no major story. Must be the worst trade of all time.
They also paid $10 million (I think that was the number) of his salary last season.

That was Tannehill's value at the time. He wasn't a top 5 QB at the time of the trade and it was known that we were going to be moving on so its almost surprising we even got a mid round pick.
Well then they take the blame for not putting together a good enough coaching staff and supporting cast to realize his potential. Either way, they screwed up badly.

So if that was his value and they knew he's that good, they wouldn't have "sold" him for less than his true value. The problem is: they didn't know. They probably still don't.

Another, and I think better "major story" was, Miami spend 7 years and 3 head coaches to try and fit his strengths to a team philosophy (such as it was) instead of just building around what they had. Such freaken arrogance, it's astounding. The last two years with the Titans has proven he's more than good enough to win with. Talk about trying to fit a square peg into a round hole -- or as the young ones say -- a mine craft orgy.

Ryan Tannehill’s arrival has been a boon to Derrick Henry​

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 22, 2020, 9:09 AM EST

Tennessee Titans v Jacksonville Jaguars

Getty Images

The emergence of Derrick Henry as the NFL’s rushing leader has coincided exactly with the emergence of Ryan Tannehill as the Titans’ starting quarterback.
When Tannehill was named the Titans’ starter before Week Seven of last season, Henry ranked 12th in the NFL with 416 rushing yards. Henry went on a tear the rest of the season, and ended up leading the NFL with 1,540 rushing yards.

This year Henry has been even better and has the NFL’s rushing lead with 1,679 rushing yards.
Overall, in 26 games with Tannehill as the Titans’ starting quarterback (counting the postseason), Henry has 594 carries for 3,249 rushing yards, an average of 5.5 yards a carry and 125 yards a game. In his last 26 games before Tannehill became the Titans’ starting quarterback, Henry had 399 carries 1,735 rushing yards, an average of 4.3 yards a carry and 67 yards a game.
Henry is now widely regarded as the NFL’s best running back. Without Tannehill, he wouldn’t be.

Back
Top Bottom