Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

Excuses are tools of the incompetent,

used to build monuments of nothingness.

Those who specialize in their usage are seldom good for anything but,

Excuses, excuses, and more excuses.

Okay, show of hands. Who else thinks he was trying to write a haiku?

Even with the extra snark the general point is correct.

I was a huge Tannehill fan when he was here and I am glad he is having success so far with the Titans. You can win with Ryan Tannehill but its rare you can win because of him... as in solely because of him.

He works in a system. Tennessee has a great system for him. I bet he would look great with the Vikings and 9ers as well... maybe even the Browns or Rams. Teams that want to win with the run first and build the pass off of that.

In offenses where he would be asked to do more? He would have ups and downs

He has got one semi-big flaw in his game. He does not run around and get off script. That's it. So, if the team cannot pass protect, he will struggle more than Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Watson, Murray, Rodgers, and a few others. That's it.

OTOH, we have seen Wilson, Rodgers, Brady, Watson, Jackson, Mahomes, and all the other QBs have bad games this year. They seem to correspond to games where they are getting pressured. Odd.....

As every one of his supporters has said, Tannehill is not elite, not top 5, but he is a damn good QB. He is currently 7th in the league in passer rating (106.9) and 7th in TD passes (20).

Like I said I’m curious to see what happens with Ryan going forward. I don’t know the status of the 2 OL that left the game on Thursday but his line seems to be falling apart in front of our very eyes. He must look around the huddle, see Jamil Douglas and think, “oh no not again”. Also, like I said before A.J. Brown was very, very dissapointing on Thursday. All I hear about is how great he is yet he has a catch in the 1st quarter than completely and totally disappeared. He needs to do better.

Like I said I’m curious to see what happens with Ryan going forward. I don’t know the status of the 2 OL that left the game on Thursday but his line seems to be falling apart in front of our very eyes. He must look around the huddle, see Jamil Douglas and think, “oh no not again”. Also, like I said before A.J. Brown was very, very dissapointing on Thursday. All I hear about is how great he is yet he has a catch in the 1st quarter than completely and totally disappeared. He needs to do better.
The Titans receivers are mostly big bodied, big play guys, but boy does their separation ability really suck. That defense is pretty dreadful though....they have been a turniver machine but without the turnovers they just don't stop anyone. There isn't a third and long they can't give up.

TH a large part of the wins then a legate part of the losses 3 of the last 4 Games losses many of the wins were too close for comfort - currently what 6-3

Now they are on the road for what 5 of their next 7-8?? Good luck with that

Knowing what I kno about TH when everything isnt perfectly right well...

:p4e

TH a large part of the wins then a legate part of the losses 3 of the last 4 Games losses many of the wins were too close for comfort - currently what 6-3

"TH" as-in "TanneHill" ? Interesting.

I think every QB needs things to be a some threshold of good-enough, so it'll be what it'll be.

I agree, his o line is trending in the wrong direction for him to be successful. I root for him, let’s see what happens but I’m not optimistic. Vrabel needs to fix his pathetic special teams to have any shot.

The Titans need to draft Defense and O-line...pound the ball in Henry's stomach 25 times a game...let Tannehill make decisions off the play-action where there isn't a lot of coverage to read.

They have the ingredients...minus the good defense.

Tannehill with another tough win today. Pass protection was awful and defense had some really atrocious moments. But in a one score game and with the ball that offense has refused to lose.

Tannehill with another tough win today. Pass protection was awful and defense had some really atrocious moments. But in a one score game and with the ball that offense has refused to lose.
Tannehill Henry with another tough win today. Pass protection was awful and defense had some really atrocious moments. But in a one score game and with the ball that offense has refused to lose.

***Fixed it for you....

Tannehill Henry with another tough win today. Pass protection was awful and defense had some really atrocious moments. But in a one score game and with the ball that offense has refused to lose.

***Fixed it for you....
So when Henry was off the field and Tannehill got 70 yards in two throws down 2 scores that doesn't count? Throwing for 259 yards and two tds despite pressure on a third of drop backs doesn't count?

Under the same pressure today Tua's team has about 40 yards passing through two and a half quarters.

Congratulations to Tennessee and Tannehill for coming from behind and beating Baltimore. I absolutely love Tennessee's aggressive offense. That stunt Harbaugh pulled at the beginning came back to kick him in his AZZ!!! Good Luck Ryan, hope you make it to the playoffs again.

what stunt did harbaugh pull? This was a HUGE win for Titans.

Titans overcame alot of adversity. That Hooker at DB is just awful.

Last edited:
Great win for Tannehill today. Just as I suspected he’s better than Jackson. I don’t believe a QB in which running is his best skill will be consistently successful. Jackson is starting to struggle on big moments against good teams.

Back
Top Bottom