What are your biggest concerns with current roster? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are your biggest concerns with current roster?

We had HUGE holes going into the draft at both tackles and both safety positions. We did nothing to give me confidence in those positions for this season. You don't put Tua in until a RT is there to protect him. You better hope those corners can play alot of man because there isn't alot of help over the top. Maybe if you get a good pass rush, the safeties won't be as exposed.

I don't get why you'd want to decide what to do with Tua now. We have months before we have to think about that. We have the luxury of time why not use it? Over the next few months we'll know better what our oline is going to look like. You'll also have Tua in the building to evaluate. I'd make that decision when you have to.

My biggest concern is that some of us think one draft and free agency period will resolve this roster. I think this is multiple drafts and free agency periods away.

I'm not really concern as I don't see us making a SB run this year anyway but I do wish we had at least one more WR with top speed. We have Wilson and he started looking healthier towards the end of last year but we could use one more. I know some people here like Grant but he's never been more than a couple of big plays a year player. He's a small target with bad hands so we shouldn't count on him.

As far as the roster, I really just want to see how everyone does and I hope we can see one way or the other what else we'll need in the next off season to complete the team. This is why I hope all the rookies get a good look this year. We need to find out what they can do instead of just trying to win one more game.

Now that we have a good idea of what our 2020 roster will look like what are your biggest concerns?

For me number 1 is LT. Yes we drafted Austin Jackson and I have high hopes for him but he’s a 20 year old rookie who most scouts viewed as a high end developmental tackle with all the tools. He has some College tape where he got beat pretty badly by Epenesa and Julian Okwara. And behind him we have Julien Davenport not the best mentor another long young toolsy tackle who hasn’t been good at all.

Number 2 is safety. Can Bobby McCain be a good or capable FS? I think Eric Rowe is Solid. Depth behind those guys Adrian Colbert who was ok last year. Brandon Jones the rookie from Texas hopefully he’s good. Just a lot of question marks And not a very deep group.

Last area of Concern is Te. Mike Gesicki could be awesome if he continues to develop. But behind him we don’t have much. Durham Smythe has been mediocre at everything. Michael Roberts has potential but coming off an injury. One injury to Gesicki and our TE group could be worst in the league.

The matchup with Epenesa was that overblown...yes Epenesa had some good plays on him but he held his own for much of the game.

Also remember he was weakened by the bone marrow transplant and by most opinions, he got stronger as the year progressed.

still oline and the saftey positions. we could have upgraded at fs, but im still good with how the draft wound up. should be very good forcing unit. I dont know how many sacks they will produce, but there should be zero excuse to stop the run now

Lack of dynamic and top tier players at all skill positions on O.

Parker had one good season, but im not buying in yet after so many poor years before it. I need to see more consistency
I think we are very good at skill positions as long as williams bounces back from the acl. we need more consistency from the slot, but we have guys that can do that. if parker continues where he left off, and gesickis arrow keeps pointing up we are in a very good place.
it is true that its if this and if that, but thats for every team

The areas that still need to be improved are Safety, pass rusher and an athletic LB on defense.

Offensively, I think they may still be short at OT and a young stud RB would be nice. I would also like to add a YAC, explosive WR and a two way TE.

Karras is a one year deal so center may be on the list next year as well.

Biggest need would be a proper pass rusher, followed by a top level OT.

Defense is much improved. Maybe FS is a weak spot.

On Offense, Right tackle is the concern for me. If we can sign Warford or wait for a team to release a veteran RT would be good. But I don't think we will sign Warford as I don't think Guard is a weak spot. Maybe Hunt comes thru but both rookie tackles are unproven right now ad far as pass blocking. I think run blocking is no concern. we will be a good running team this year.

The matchup with Epenesa was that overblown...yes Epenesa had some good plays on him but he held his own for much of the game.

Also remember he was weakened by the bone marrow transplant and by most opinions, he got stronger as the year progressed.

When I watched that tape, it looked like Epenesa had coverage sacks more so than just overpowering sacks. That tape actually made me comfortable with the pick.

Lack of dynamic and top tier players at all skill positions on O.

Parker had one good season, but im not buying in yet after so many poor years before it. I need to see more consistency

I agree I hope we use some picks next year to add some playmakers. Jaylen Waddle and Travis Etienne are my early hopes.

Parker can be good, Preston Williams coming back, Albert Wilson building off last year. Combined with Jordan Howard and Matt Brieda at least gives me some hope. That’s an upgraded unit. But the health of Williams/Parker could change that quickly.

Pass rush...

I think it will be greatly improved over last year, but we had the worst pass rush in the NFL last year.

Yes, I realize we signed/drafted 5 new players that will bring some heat, but none of them LOOK like a star pass rusher, and I think you need one almost as badly as you need a star QB.

I hope I'm wrong, and I hope that the 'everyone contributes' theory works for us, but I sure would be happy with a double digit sack guy on our roster.

Maybe next year.

I agree I’d like to see a little more juice in the pass rush. But Shaq Lawson, Emmanuel Ogbah, Raekwon Davis, Kyle Van Noy is a lot of added juice. If they all can provide some extra pressure combined with better man coverage on the back end we should be able to generate enough pressure

Biggest concerns remain Oline.
LT- Rookie 21 yr old developmental LT
LG- Average play
Center- Average - flag wasn’t resigned by BB
RG- Rookie- low level comp
RT- Average play

Im not worried about FS. Malik Hooker will be available next year and I'd sign him to a modest contract.

OL, OL, OL. It's a group that is filled with new guys, more importantly young guys and theyll need time to learn to play in the NFL. Itll be a rocky in the early games.

Back
Top Bottom