What are your biggest concerns with current roster? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are your biggest concerns with current roster?

Biggest concerns remain Oline.
LT- Rookie 21 yr old developmental LT
LG- Average play
Center- Average - flag wasn’t resigned by BB
RG- Rookie- low level comp
RT- Average play
BB lets a lot of player go every year so that's not really a red flag imo. I agree tho that we have several younger players that have not proven they can do it at the NFL level yet.

Lack of dynamic and top tier players at all skill positions on O.

Parker had one good season, but im not buying in yet after so many poor years before it. I need to see more consistency

You're not buying into Parker but expect rookies to come in year 1 and be productive with Micheal Dieter playing RG again?

Interesting.

You're not buying into Parker but expect rookies to come in year 1 and be productive with Micheal Dieter playing RG again?

Interesting.

Which rookie is that? An do they have the history of underproduction that Parker has?

Any rookie. Especially WRs that take time to get going, not everyone can be OBJ or Randy Moss.

And what do these rookies have to do with not fully buying into Parker after only 1 year of health/production out of 5 season?

Biggest concern. Depth, may be every teams concern. If you have a couple players get sick from Covid you’re going to be at a disadvantage unless you have adequate depth. Think that’s why the Saints are heavy on QB.

My biggest concern is Tua development. He needs to beat out Fitzpatrick to get the team's respect. Rosen couldn't do that. Fitzpatrick will make Tua earn it and I can't wait to hear the camp reports.

BB lets a lot of player go every year so that's not really a red flag imo. I agree tho that we have several younger players that have not proven they can do it at the NFL level yet.
Agree but it’s usually contract/ money related. Karras is cheap. I get they have Andrews coming back but I’m weary of Karras. We see.

we'll see at the end of the year. if you think we're making the playoffs this year and will be 9-7, just chill on that.

too much development upfront to seriously compete this year. 2020 is just one giant preseason in my eyes just like 2019 was.

just need 1 more good offseason and time to progress to go all in for 2021.

And what do these rookies have to do with not fully buying into Parker after only 1 year of health/production out of 5 season?

Kinda obvious what I'm talking about.

Drafting a bunch of "high skilled" WRs are more of an unknown than Parker being able to stay healthy for another season.

Coaching. I like Flores but now we have new faces to integrate into a smaller window of time.
How will they mesh? Can someone coach up this OL? I don’t know anyone other than Chan Gailey. One of these days we will hire a “guru” positional coach, hopefully OL coach, lol

They have Pro Bowl caliber David Andrews coming back so letting Karras walk does not mean they did not like him.

The fact that Miami only gave him a one year deal might be telling though.

I do wonder what Miami would have done if Ruiz was still on the board at 26.

A couple of things jump out at me.

IIRC by week 17 half of our starters were either rookies (and half un-drafted ones), practice squad signings, and wavier wire claims. A lot of them hadn't been here long. Yet we managed to beat the Pats at home and seal their playoff fate. To me that says something about the coaching staff's ability to mold a bunch of new and/or inexperienced players into a cohesive team in very short order.

A lot of talk is about how raw our OL draft picks are at pass protecting. Most agree they are solid at run blocking. If we run a heavy % of RPO concept plays would that change how you feel about the OL's early success?

Back
Top Bottom