What the knock on Herbert? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the knock on Herbert?

Dwayne Haskins is not a very good QB. Had a great College Football Career. But not an elite NFL QB prospect. His foot work is a major concern as of now, but, perhaps in time, he'll figure that out. If and when he does, it's quite possible he takes his game to another level.

Dwayne Haskins is not a very good QB. Had a great College Football Career. But not an elite NFL QB prospect. His foot work is a major concern as of now, but, perhaps in time, he'll figure that out. If and when he does, it's quite possible he takes his game to another level.
Real honest question. Regarding footwork. I have major concerns about burrows. I have compared his footwork to Haskins. Am I off?

Yeah! I'm a WVU alum. Always nice to watch a win.
So cool, point 2. First know I don't have Tua bias so no worries there. But I do admit I use more general terminology at times. What I mean with LSU. I think the easiest way to put it is they are running a big 12 offense in the SEC. I know it's not a spread offense in the true definition. I think the SEC was very unprepared for what esminger brought to the table this year. Burrow is benefiting greatly from this resurgence.
Now personally my judgement is still out on burrows. My take right now and question I propose to anyone who claims burrows to be a can't miss and if he's not there when we pick, don't pick qb...when exactly did that happen?

Let's imagine for a second that two years ago, Burrow doesn't break his thumb and battles Haskins and wins the backup job...leading to the starting job.

Does he have the same season as Haskins? I say yes:

Very civil. Thank you.
My first point. Going into this year. Before the season started. Where was burrow ranked. Where did you have him. I'll tell you I had him 5-6 rd. What grade did you honestly have on him. Look back at some credible mocks before the season. You'll find him 5th round or later. So his rise is all this year. So all I'm saying is at what point this year did he go from his initial grade to can't miss 1st choice over all. Now if you believe he was evaluated much higher to begin with then I think that's a different discussion.
For you second point please hold. I'm watching the end of the WVU game :)

Damn WVU...moreso, that damn #90, Ross Blaylock. 3rd and 14...TCU forces the incompletion...Targeting/Roughing the passer...BOOM, TD next play---Goodnight.

If the TCU coach gets fired I would take Blaylock was a part of that.

Real honest question. Regarding footwork. I have major concerns about burrows. I have compared his footwork to Haskins. Am I off?

Never heard a criticism about his feet being bad. Heard he was no where near Tua's athleticism then the Bama game dispelled that narrative.

The same footwork issue is what is holding back Jacob Eason. Got to get that straightened out.

Damn WVU...moreso, that damn #90, Ross Blaylock. 3rd and 14...TCU forces the incompletion...Targeting/Roughing the passer...BOOM, TD next play---Goodnight.

If the TCU coach gets fired I would take Blaylock was a part of that.
That was awesome. I admit I'm a WVU homer. But what a throw by Doege. I like this kid. I was expecting more out of Kendall and have been pretty disappointed. I'm glad to see Doege has moxy like that. Neal Brown was able to put together a real nice recruit class for WVU standards so I'm excited about the future with them too.

Don't forget to tune into ABC tonight at 8pm eastern, for the PAC12 title game, good chance to see Herbert again, against a very good team. Gonna keep a close eye on Utah's QB too also looking at thew Oregon Line and Jaylon Johnson at CB for Utah. Anyone else we should keep our eye on tonight, from a fins perspective of course ?

Herbert hit the long TD pass and is running a bit showing off his athleticism. Giving shoulder fakes moving the defense with pump fakes and his eyes. Looks on top of his game.

At this point in taking Hebert over Tua if we draft top 5.

Hebert will be playing in the NFL in 10 years, while Tua will have gone the way of Andrew Luck.

Just reached into his grab bag of poor decisions on back to back plays, man he is so up and down.

Huntley reminds me of Dak, is a smart guy and a gamer but seems limited.

I've been watching on tape delay just caught up. Herbert was outstanding in that first half. I just feel so fickle with this kid, he's done this for the last two years with me. He was so so bad in the last game that I was done with him, now I'm back thinking he could be the third QB in this class, if we took hjim with 1b or c, I wouldn't be upset at all. Still wouldn't pass on Tua or Burrow for him though.

At this point in taking Hebert over Tua if we draft top 5.

Hebert will be playing in the NFL in 10 years, while Tua will have gone the way of Andrew Luck.

Herbert's had as bad if not worse injury history as Tua, if that's why you are favouring him, then you may be wrong.

Huntley reminds me of Dak, is a smart guy and a gamer but seems limited.

Not really impressing me much tonight, late round pick based on this, 18 TDs all season for a 10-1 team ! I do like the look of Moss though.

Back
Top Bottom