What the knock on Herbert? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the knock on Herbert?

Again, downfield. Most of that percentage is short throws that his receivers got YAC. Perhaps you should go back and watch the Ohio State games when he was there. I think you may be relying to much on numbers and not your eyes.
I'm sorry this just isn't true. I highly scouted Haskins. Watched hours of film on him.

If you're implying anyone not an Ohio State fan would be guilty of this maybe to a point. But I'm a huge Michigan fan and as much as I don't like Haskins I'd be thrilled if Miami was able to draft Fields.
I guess what I'm implying is burrow was considered a 6th rounder entering this season if that. Now LSU is running a spread offense that is lighting up an unprepared SEC. So somehow he is now a can't missed 1 pick of the draft? If burrows had this season at Ohio st or in the big 12 all the crap being said about Haskins would be burrows description.

I'm sorry this just isn't true. I highly scouted Haskins. Watched hours of film on him.
By film you must be implying highlight reels on YouTube. I watched his games live. Anyone that saw more than highlight reels will agree he struggled downfield.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Haskins.

By film you must be implying highlight reels on YouTube. I watched his games live. Anyone that saw more than highlight reels will agree he struggled downfield.
No I watch full games. Multiple times. I don't watch highlight reels.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Haskins.

I agree a lot of underthrows at OSU.

This might be the most fascinating QB class in a long time, Tua is the most well rounded but hurt. But TBH 2 or three guys might have a higher ceiling than him if put in the right situation. Tua I think has the highest floor followed by Burrow then Herbert and Love Fromm and Hurts far behind as those three might totally bust while the others have such great tools its hard for them not to find some sort of role in the NFL. But as far as high ceilings i think Herbert's might be the highest because his tools are so crazy then Tua then Burrow but IMO that can be flip flopped, then much of the same after that with a big gap then Fromm, Love and Hurts i only put Fromm at the head of this group because his IQ is off the charts.

I know who I want them to pick which means squat, just hope they sit them behind a vet and build the roster through this FA and the draft let those guys get a year under their belt and use the 2021 FA and draft to round out the roster and let the QB get after it then.

Reactions: MD
I agree a lot of underthrows at OSU.

This might be the most fascinating QB class in a long time, Tua is the most well rounded but hurt. But TBH 2 or three guys might have a higher ceiling than him if put in the right situation. Tua I think has the highest floor followed by Burrow then Herbert and Love Fromm and Hurts far behind as those three might totally bust while the others have such great tools its hard for them not to find some sort of role in the NFL. But as far as high ceilings i think Herbert's might be the highest because his tools are so crazy then Tua then Burrow but IMO that can be flip flopped, then much of the same after that with a big gap then Fromm, Love and Hurts i only put Fromm at the head of this group because his IQ is off the charts.

I know who I want them to pick which means squat, just hope they sit them behind a vet and build the roster through this FA and the draft let those guys get a year under their belt and use the 2021 FA and draft to round out the roster and let the QB get after it then.
A class that each QB seems to have a different area of concern. I agree that whoever the pick is they put him on the bench a year and let him learn and adapt. Of course the media and a percentage of the fan base will want to role out the shiny new toy creating a lot of pressure on the staff if things aren't going so well. I do think that Burrow goes to the Bengals giving Miami an opportunity at selecting Tua if that's the way they want to go. Certainly will be interesting to watch this unfold.

Pretty good evaluations by Brady Quinn and the guys on here, think they nail it on the kid:

Lol are those 2 nerds thinking he’s not going in the first round.

Brady said he thinks he would go first round, don't recall either of the other guys disputing that. They were asking him if he would take him there, which he answered he would have to see a little more and it's all about the situation, make a great point that going to Cincy would be a disaster but sitting behind an established guy like Rivers for a couple of years could work. For Cincy you could interchange with Miami, he's not going to have the luxury of sitting 2 years here and if he doesn't he won't be ready, caveat there is that we don't double down and take a Teddy in FA. The "fix him" line that Quinn uses is spot on, some egocentric coaching staff will roll the dice in round one, you would be insane not to think that won't happen, the physical tools there are just too tempting to pass up by all 32 teams.

Push comes to shove, you're on the clock. It's your decision, Hoops. Burrow is gone, taken by Cincinnati. The Giants take Young. Miami's on the clock. Do you take Herbert?

tua. If the hip fracture checks out medically.

but I will say anyone who doesn’t have concerns about his ability to hold up physically to pro contact is nuts.

just a chance I have to take. Different level when healthy from the other options.

tua. If the hip fracture checks out medically.

but I will say anyone who doesn’t have concerns about his ability to hold up physically to pro contact is nuts.

just a chance I have to take. Different level when healthy from the other options.
Yeah, I think that's fair. I watched Herbert against Arizona State. Just an awful game for him. I know everyone is entitled to that, but it does show how different Tua is when healthy. I am warming up to Jalen Hurts as well. I know there are questions in his game, but he could probably be had with that Pittsburgh pick or maybe even the one from Houston.

I guess what I'm implying is burrow was considered a 6th rounder entering this season if that. Now LSU is running a spread offense that is lighting up an unprepared SEC. So somehow he is now a can't missed 1 pick of the draft? If burrows had this season at Ohio st or in the big 12 all the crap being said about Haskins would be burrows description.

Two things:

1. Where are you getting this 6th round grade on Burrow?
  2. A HB, TE, and three WRs don't constitute a spread offense (10 personnel).
I made these points to provide perspective on the situation without any Tua biases.

Two things:

I made these points to provide perspective on the situation without any Tua biases.
Very civil. Thank you.
My first point. Going into this year. Before the season started. Where was burrow ranked. Where did you have him. I'll tell you I had him 5-6 rd. What grade did you honestly have on him. Look back at some credible mocks before the season. You'll find him 5th round or later. So his rise is all this year. So all I'm saying is at what point this year did he go from his initial grade to can't miss 1st choice over all. Now if you believe he was evaluated much higher to begin with then I think that's a different discussion.
For you second point please hold. I'm watching the end of the WVU game :)

Two things:

Yeah! I'm a WVU alum. Always nice to watch a win.
So cool, point 2. First know I don't have Tua bias so no worries there. But I do admit I use more general terminology at times. What I mean with LSU. I think the easiest way to put it is they are running a big 12 offense in the SEC. I know it's not a spread offense in the true definition. I think the SEC was very unprepared for what esminger brought to the table this year. Burrow is benefiting greatly from this resurgence.
Now personally my judgement is still out on burrows. My take right now and question I propose to anyone who claims burrows to be a can't miss and if he's not there when we pick, don't pick qb...when exactly did that happen?

Back
Top Bottom