What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay?

What’s does everyone think? If gase and McVay switched teams, would Miami be averaging more points and would the rams be averaging less? Not would Miami be as good as the rams are now and vice Versa, just would Miami be scoring more?
the one thing that Mcvay has right now is humility. He can look at the team and understand where they are weak and how to counter that. It's why they grabbed Fowler because they know they need edge rushers.

He is also very smart and detailed in preparing and adjusting. He designs ways to keep the QB comfortable while still applying a lot of pressure to the other defense with his scheme. He keeps you spread out and off balance in order to strain your defense.

He was everything we thought Adam Gase was. Granted he inherited a great situation and no real adversity. Gase can't even score in the first quarter or give his best players the ball.

Mcvay may not have inherited the best situation here. But his ability to prepare and adjust would lead 2 or 3 more wins. That bengals game does not happen because he wouldn't get out coached by Marvin lewis

Probably the main difference is not having cutler, Matt Moore, Fales and osweiler QB your team for over half your tenure. Also, the Rams having the best oline in the game helps. Either way McVay is the next Belichec. He's a very good coach.

McVay has drafted better than Gase, performed better in free agency than Gase, and calls a better game than Gase.

Gase walked into a top 3 DT (Suh), top 5 slot (Landry), great edge rusher, and to many on this board...a top 10 QB (MANY have moonwalked from that position from when I was here a while back getting flaggelated for saying Tannehill qas just average).

What did McVay do that Gase didn't? He didn't use the salary cap as an excuse not to field talent. Donald, Suh, Whitworth, Brockers, Joyner, Barron all make a pretty penny.

Last edited:
This isn’t about the team’s record. This about two offensive guru coaches and why one is excelling and the other, Gase is falling flat on his face. When it comes to his offense, yes he’s fallen flat on his face multiple times. What is now? 19 straight games without an opening drive TD?

He's had his starting QB in 5 games out of the past 28 games and you want to compare him to the best offensive coach/team right now and ask why the results arent the same? It's pretty easy. McVay is better but it doesn't make Gase dog **** that he hasn't lived up to the best offense in the league under his circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed a trend lately. When people complain about our QB and/or coach, they tend to then ask why they aren't as good as the team with #1 rated OL.

Now it's the Rams, last year it was the Eagles with Wentz, then Foles.

But they can never seem to see the correlation themselves.

For starters:

Leaning on Todd Gurley.

Probably much better OLine play than we have.

The above two factors allow Jared Goff to lead an effective offense.
There's so much truth in that. When Miami has run the ball well, the team usually wins. Gase often gets away from the run a little too much and, obviously, the team doesn't have Gurley.

I've noticed a trend lately. When people complain about our QB and/or coach, they tend to then ask why they aren't as good as the team with #1 rated OL.

FALES IS BETTER THAN TANNEHILL

It's a great question. I think it comes down to talent. The Los Angeles Rams are pretty stacked on defense featuring two of the best defensive tackles in the game. On offense, they run the ball really well with Gurley and Goff is looking like one of the better quarterbacks in the league. Not sure if you could necessarily say that McVay is the better coach, but his team seems more disciplined than Miami as well. That's usually the sign of a well coached team.

Allow me to preface this by reminding you that Gase has a big say so in personnel.

That said, who's fault is it that the Eagles (Super Bowl champs) and Rams (a Super Bowl favorite) have great lines and we do not?

Back
Top Bottom