What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What’s The Difference Between Gase And Mcvay?

Someone suggested on National Radio Gase for Coach of the Year. I guess he has faced a lot of adversity. I don't think Tannehill is going to get healthy again. He is breaking down. Need to draft 2 QBs a year and Offensive linemen from here on out.

Someone suggested on National Radio Gase for Coach of the Year.
I'll lay odds they called from a state where marijuana is legal....

The Rams have 9 guys on IR, just like us.

After you googled that just now, you should have continued to look at the list itself.
- They have 8 first and foremost.
- Only two starters (both on Defense)
- The 3 offensive players listed are non-starting WRs.

So again, ridiculous comparison.

Allow me to preface this by reminding you that Gase has a big say so in personnel.

That said, who's fault is it that the Eagles (Super Bowl champs) and Rams (a Super Bowl favorite) have great lines and we do not?

You're grasping at straws now

How many points per game do you think the Rams would be averaging if Sean Mannion was behind center and opposing D’s could just stack the box and shut down Gurley on the ground?

Thats what the Saints did and, while that offense was still very volatile, that game would have been a route if not for Goff.

LA is the real deal, don’t get me wrong but bottom line, unfair comparison.

You're grasping at straws now

Halapoulivaati Vaitai was the starting LT on a Super Bowl team, replacing Jason Peters. Chance Warmack and Isaac Seumalo started at LG before the Eagles got Wisniewski back from injury...

One of their prime players in the backfield...Jay Ajayi (sidenote).

How did these guys do it...I mean win a Super Bowl as arguably the best team in the league pre-Super Bowl?

Probably much better OLine play than we have.

You can take the 'probably' qualifier away. Their o-line is worlds better than MIAMI's. W/O all the injuries, maybe it'd be closer. But as things are now, there aren't many lines worse than MIA.

Regarding Gurley, while I acknowledge he's a great back -- I've watched many Rams games and his line does a great job in front of him. I often see him downfield several yards with a full head of steam before 1st contact.

Many have discredited Ezekiel Elliott's success because of the Cowboys o-line, but Gurley is reaping a lot of the same the past 2 seasons. And the Rams passing game further draws a lot of attention away making life easier. Meanwhile, Dallas has been saddled with a pretty poor pass attack and their o-line is no longer the best in the NFL. It really hasn't been for some time. Lots of injuries and subpar play.

Don't get me wrong, I think Toddy Gurley is phenomenal. I just feel it's fair to point out the o-line play as a huge reason for the success, as many did when Zeke was blowing up.

You can take the 'probably' qualifier away. Their o-line is worlds better than MIAMI's. W/O all the injuries, maybe it'd be closer. But as things are now, there aren't many lines worse than MIA.

Regarding Gurley, while I acknowledge he's a great back -- I've watched many Rams games and his line does a great job in front of him. I often see him downfield several yards with a full head of steam before 1st contact.

Many have discredited Ezekiel Elliott's success because of the Cowboys o-line, but Gurley is reaping a lot of the same the past 2 seasons. And the Rams passing game further draws a lot of attention away making life easier. Meanwhile, Dallas has been saddled with a pretty poor pass attack and their o-line is no longer the best in the NFL. It really hasn't been for some time. Lots of injuries and subpar play.

Don't get me wrong, I think Toddy Gurley is phenomenal. I just feel it's fair to point out the o-line play as a huge reason for the success, as many did when Zeke was blowing up.
I was pretty sure of it, but I don't break down Rams trench play, so I threw in the qualifier.

Maybe the difference is McVay wouldn't sign any of those guys to his team. I seem to recall this being the roster that Gase built.
I'm sure McVay would have far superior 2nd and 3rd stringers, and when his starters got injured they would enter the line up and perform without a hitch. Lol

I'm sure McVay would have far superior 2nd and 3rd stringers, and when his starters got injured they would enter the line up and perform without a hitch. Lol

Yes, how crazy that a team has serviceable backups it's not like players ever get injured. Pretty sure it takes more than just having good starters to win consistently being that this is football and there will undoubtedly be injuries its imperative that you have make each roster spot count.

I’m not asking why Gase’s offense isn’t number #1. I’m asking why it’s not respectable or at least average.

Back
Top Bottom