Where's our OL improvements? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where's our OL improvements?

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz · 3h3 hours ago
Dolphins had conversations with Alex Boone rep this week, but he's signing with Minnesota, per Adam Schefter. High-end guard market pricey.

Duh! No excuse get it done.

The OP has a legit point. Guards are already going and we could be left with nothing

Ozzy rules

The OP has a legit point. Guards are already going and we could be left with nothing

Ozzy rules

it's early for that but the olines the biggest priority for the team and it's the one thing we aren't making any noise in at all...

The good guards go early. Do we want more average guards? We've had enough of that. Take care of it now then go defense and RB

Ozzy rules

Im SHOCKED we haven't heard more o-line news.

Who cares what the defense does if we can't score points/ own time of possession?

Im SHOCKED we haven't heard more o-line news.

Who cares what the defense does if we can't score points/ own time of possession?

Because the draft is so defense heavy I truly thought we would solidify the OL with some veteran presence, resign Miller, and use the draft to build the defense.

Geoff Schwartz on the cheap and a G/T in one of the first 3 rounds.

Quality Oline going fast. Allen going to Texans now. I'd be ok with Schwartz and Oline in round 1 or 2 of draft. I wanted Allen tho.. damn Texans.

Geoff Schwartz on the cheap and a G/T in one of the first 3 rounds.

Maybe Schwartz will pan out if we sign him but aren't you tired of trying to fix the guard situation by signing cheap FA's and drafting guys in round 3? Miami has been doing this for the last few years and it's not worked out. Was hoping we would step up and spend the cash needed to get the best available at the position.

Miami has spent 3 days on the chaotic deal with Philly while cutting some players and signing Williams. That's all good but if they don't shore up the OL IMO everything else will be for nothing especially after losing Miller. Miami needs two starting guards. I have read about Boone being favored to sign but there's heavy competition for him and the other quality interior OL. If Miami fails to make this improvement it will be a colossal failure IMO. I would like to focus on getting 2 guards now and focus the draft on defense. Thoughts?

Rule #1: first you create additional holes on offense so you have an excuse for not filling old holes
Rule #2: see Rule #1

When do we get help on the OL?

Once again FA has started and i have seen the top 4 OL available has signed deals with other teams. When do we UPGRADE the OL in FA. I know we have the draft coming but i would like to see a Vet to be signed to the OL before that.

It's typical dolphins M.O. Wait until July 1st to try to find whats left on the bottom of the barrel. Expect a few guys on the border of retirement with chronic knee or shoulder issues to be signed. This also could be paving the way for Miami to draft line man in the first few rounds of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom