Which Qb will dominate the AFC East? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which Qb will dominate the AFC East?

feelthepain said:
Bledsoe was in the system for all of a year and was knocked out of a game and almost died, when he came back when Brady was pulled Bledsoe help the Pats get to their first SB since 86, so I don't know what you're talking about.
qb's that win a sb in their 2nd year and their first start don't grow on trees. Not even Dan the Man could achieve that. How many sb MVP's does Culp have?

I hate Brady as much as anyone here but I'm not gonna be a homer about it.

Justasportsfan said:
qb's that win a sb in their 2nd year and their first start don't grow on trees. Not even Dan the Man could achieve that. How many sb MVP's does Culp have?

I hate Brady as much as anyone here but I'm not gonna be a homer about it.

Sure is funny how you use stats, if they favor Culpepper they don't matter , but if they favor anyone but a fin they are valid.....in this forum!!! When did Marino ever play on a team like the Pats??? He didn't, but you won't metion that because you don't want to give any Dolphin QB props. I'll use your pathetic excuse, you can spin it any way you want, but Brady wouldn't be so special if he were a Bill or Card or Saint or Brown...and so on, so if you are going to be bias just to take any credit away from the fins then stop posting because you always, always always, post a negative spin on the Dolphins, it doesn't matter what the topic period!!!!!

feelthepain said:
Sure is funny how you use stats, if they favor Culpepper they don't matter , but if they favor anyone but a fin they are valid.....in this forum!!! When did Marino ever play on a team like the Pats??? He didn't, but you won't metion that because you don't want to give any Dolphin QB props. I'll use your pathetic excuse, you can spin it any way you want, but Brady wouldn't be so special if he were a Bill or Card or Saint or Brown...and so on, so if you are going to be bias just to take any credit away from the fins then stop posting because you always, always always, post a negative spin on the Dolphins, it doesn't matter what the topic period!!!!!

Brady is one of the best clutch qb's there is out there if not the best. Culp isn't even close. Even Peyton is more clutch than Culp and yet he's not at par with Brady. He could be under Saban , but that remains to be seen.

You can't measure a winner with just nos.

I am being bias about Brady when I'm a bills fan? You're the finfan here being biased about Culp. not me. Good luck trying to get people to agree with you, especially about Drew and Lucas :lol:

Vertical Limit said:
This is the biggest homer thread ever.

Tom Brady had his best statistical year with a banged up offense in 2005 with a 63.0 completion %, 4110 passing yards, and a 92.3 QB rating. Corey Dillon had the worse season of his pro career, David Givens missed out on a couple of games, the Patriots offensive line was torn apart, and even with that, Tom Brady still put up those monster numbers on bold.

On top of that, he is the most clutch QB in the league, and has won 3 Super Bowl rings in the past 5 seasons.

All Daunte Culpepper has accomplished is having 39 TD's/14 INT's 2 seasons ago in a weak division like the NFC North and even with 39 TD's and 14 INT's, the Vikings had an 8-8 season. BTW, the NFC North had the weakest defenses with teams like: Green Bay, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears (2 seasons ago) in it.

Daunte Culpepper hasn't proved ANYTHING yet. He hasn't been successful in the post season.

As much as I hate the Patriots, Tom Brady is proven, and has been dominating the AFC East, and will continue untill Daunte steps up his game to championship level.

Dillon rushed for 733 yds last year. The leading rusher for the Vikings in 2004 was Onterrio Smith with 544 yards.

Culpepper had 11 Ints in 2004 (13 if you include the playoffs), not 14.

???? You claim Culpepper played in a weak division? Did you check the records of the Bill and Jets last year? That weak division (NFC north) in 2004 was responsible for more victories than the AFCE last year. The Viking's division mates allowed 1061 points in 2004. The Bills, Jets, and Fins allowed 1039 last year.

You should try to hide your bias better than that.

feelthepain said:
Bledsoe was in the system for all of a year and was knocked out of a game and almost died, when he came back when Brady was pulled (or injured, I can't remember which) Bledsoe help the Pats get to their first SB since 86, so I don't know what you're talking about.
And in that one year, he had about the same stats as he had before.

dominizzo said:
Daunte Culpepper!! Its not Homerism!! IF Gus was our starting Qb id say Tom BRady:dolphins:

Tom Brady is still the best qb in the afc east
Culpepper
Pennington
Loserman

I hate to say this, but personally I think that Brady is the best qb in the NFL.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Dillon rushed for 733 yds last year. The leading rusher for the Vikings in 2004 was Onterrio Smith with 544 yards.

???? You claim Culpepper played in a weak division? Did you check the records of the Bill and Jets last year? That weak division (NFC north) in 2004 was responsible for more victories than the AFCE last year. The Viking's division mates allowed 1061 points in 2004. The Bills, Jets, and Fins allowed 1039 last year.

Although, I think Culpepper will be great...The truth is, he put up his stats against sub .500 teams.

And the Jets, Bills, and Fins Defenses rank alot higher than the likes of GB, Detroit and Chicago.

Mainge said:
Although, I think Culpepper will be great...The truth is, he put up his stats against sub .500 teams.

And the Jets, Bills, and Fins Defenses rank alot higher than the likes of GB, Detroit and Chicago.

Did you even read the response? The post that I responded to claimed that Culpepper put up his best year in 2004 against a weaker division than Brady faced last year. I showed that GB, Chicago, and Detroit had more victories in 2004 than Buffalo, NYJ, and Miami. The defenses of those teams allowed nearly the same number of points. The difference in points against was less than 1/2 point per game. BTW, the comparison of Culpepper's season in 2004 to Brady's last year is a joke. There is no comparison. Culpepper had way more TDs, fewer ints, more yards passing, more yards rushing, and a higher completion %. I honestly don't believe people realize how off the charts Culpepper's 2004 season was. It was the third best season by a QB in the history of the game.

The truth is that most people on this board don't know the truth.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

And what do those numbers mean anyways? Vikings still went 8-8 in that division, and Daunte Culpepper recorded 16 TD's of his 39 overall in that division alone. 16 TD's in 6 games? 7 of them against the 2004 division champs Green Bay Packers. And that division isn't defensively weak?

Also, Daunte Culpepper recorded 5 TD's each against the 6-10 Dallas Cowboys, 7-9 Houston Texans, and 8-8 New Orleans Saints. The only other team that he recorded 2 TD's against out of his 16 TD's from his own division were the 6-10 Washington Redskins.

To put up 39 TD's and 14 INT's and still only have an 8-8 season is enough to tell me that the division is defensively weak.

So yeah, you lose, ya homer.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Did you even read the response? The post that I responded to claimed that Culpepper put up his best year in 2004 against a weaker division than Brady faced last year. I showed that GB, Chicago, and Detroit had more victories in 2004 than Buffalo, NYJ, and Miami. The defenses of those teams allowed nearly the same number of points. The difference in points against was less than 1/2 point per game. BTW, the comparison of Culpepper's season in 2004 to Brady's last year is a joke. There is no comparison. Culpepper had way more TDs, fewer ints, more yards passing, more yards rushing, and a higher completion %. I honestly don't believe people realize how off the charts Culpepper's 2004 season was. It was the third best season by a QB in the history of the game.

The truth is that most people on this board don't know the truth.

Cupeppers '04 season:
WEEK 1
Dallas - 21st ranked passing Defence.

17 of 23. 242 yards. 5 TD's 0 INT's. 147.1 rating

WEEK 2
Philly - 12th ranked passing defence

37 of 47. 343 yards. 1 TD 1 INT. 95.3 rating.

WEEK 3
Chicago - 15th ranked passing defense

19 of 30. 360 yards. 2 TD's 0 INT's. 127.1 rating

WEEK4
Houston - 24th ranked passing defense

36 of 50. 396 yards. 5 TD's 0 INT's. 128.4 rating

WEEK 5
New Orleans - 27th ranked passing defense.

26 of 37. 425 yards. 5 TD's 2 INT's. 125.6 rating

WEEK 6
Tennessee - 26th ranked passing defense.

24 of 30. 183 yards. 1 TD 0 INT. 103.2 rating

WEEK 7
New York Giants - 8th ranked passing defense.

24 of 41. 231 yards. 1 TD 2 INT's. 62.1 rating

WEEK 8
Indiannapolis - 28th ranked passing defense.

16 of 19. 169 yards. 1 TD 0 INT. 121.3 rating

WEEK 9
Green Bay - 25th ranked passing defense.

27 of 44. 363 yards. 4 TD 0 INT. 117.9 rating

WEEK 10
Detoit - 20th ranked passsing defense.

22 of 32. 233 yards. 2 TD's 1 INT. 97.5 rating

WEEK 11
Jacksonville - 16th ranked passing defense.

19 of 27. 235 yards. 1 TD 1 INT. 93.9 rating

WEEK 12
Chicago - 15th ranked passing defense.

23 of 33. 279 yards. 2 TD's 3 INT. 77.7 rating

I have to go right now, i'll finish when I get back.

Do you ever think the Patriots look a lot better because Brady is so good. The team Brady took over was 5-11 the year before, and 0-2 before he took it over. In the 2003 Super Bowl his D gave up 29 points, Brady put up 32 with 350 yards passing and 3 tds. In the 2004 AFCCG against the #1 D in the league, the 15-1 Steelers at Pitt he put up 41 points. He plays big in big games. Culpepper had Moss etc. yet never lead his team anywhere but mediocrity. And when linehan left he was completely awful last year. 6 td's and 12 ints is scary. also the vikings got better with Brad johnson. Cunningham put up big numbers in the same system at like 40 years old. also keep in mind the year Culpepper had 39 td's was the same year manning had 49, you know who Manning put up most of his stats up against...the NFC North. Manning tore up the bears, packers, lions, and vikings. That division was awful, the NFC is inferior. In 2004 the Pats went 14-2, the Jets 10-6, the bills 9-7. Brady has started 5 years, 3 SB's, 2 SB mvp's, lead the league in td's once, and yards once, and has been to 3 pro bowls, yet never had a moss, and accept for one year had a running game that wasnt at the bottom of the league.

miaD5499 said:
this has been a long topic in the depths, aruging which qb is the best in the afc east...tom brady seems to be favored by everyone since he has won 3 championships but i think daunte will overcome him once he leads us to the super bowl!!!

Actually the Pats won those 3. He led them into FG range in each game and Vinatieri kicked the winning FG.
How is that any different from what Jim Kelly did against the NYG defense? The difference is that Norwood missed.
I would argue that the NYG defense Kelly played against was vastly superior to any defense Brady faced in a SB.

Comparing apples to oranges. And when will people learn that stats are for fantasy football, talking head hype, and fan folly.

Bury this thread until the seasons end, and then debate "which QB will dominate the AFCE".

Back
Top Bottom