Who Would Your Non Qb Pick In The Draft Be At #13 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would Your Non Qb Pick In The Draft Be At #13

My non QB pick would be a trade up for a QB or a trade back to garner more picks for next year to pick a QB. The whole franchise is pretty pointless until we resolve that issue.

Great insight, I thought Jackson click and close was special, I'm not seeing that burst consistently with Greedy but I do agree his top end looks better than ppl give him credit for, watching more tape of him, I agree his hips are pretty fluid which I wasn't expecting from him that transition is not the quickest tho,

Good point about his zone flaws being coachable but for some reason I see a lot of guys never get that fixed, probably due to fear of the big play, not trusting their speed and quickness or just low IQ for zone play. If he has a great combine sub 4.45, over 35 vert, sub 6.85 3 cone then those top ten talks will get louder.

It’s funny you mentioned that depth thing cause I literally prior to that even meant to go back and look at the other outside corner to see if he also was getting the same depth. To kinda get a better idea if it was in the LSU db coaching side of things.

Anyways here tbe a & m game I told you I’d post. About as extended a individual game look as you will ever get.

I want to say the pick 6 by the lb game where his speed showed up was the Florida tape I saw but don’t quote me on it.

Hey Jerry how much Easton Stick you seen?

I’m gonna pass

There’s way way too much plays to contact on these tapes and that’s against low level competition even.

And I think the ball tends to drop on him. I will pass

Mindset looks like I will run thru a brick wall. Yeah maybe in conference but not in the pros. Not even gonna try to change it. Don’t think he’s pocket/arm talented enough to make it worth it.

Last edited:
It’s funny you mentioned that depth thing cause I literally prior to that even meant to go back and look at the other outside corner to see if he also was getting the same depth. To kinda get a better idea if it was in the LSU db coaching side of things.

Anyways here tbe a & m game I told you I’d post. About as extended a individual game look as you will ever get.

I want to say the pick 6 by the lb game where his speed showed up was the Florida tape I saw but don’t quote me on it.

That's a great look, the dude looks good, the more I watch the more I like.

Hey Jerry how much Easton Stick you seen?

I’m gonna pass

There’s way way too much plays to contact on these tapes and that’s against low level competition even.

And I think the ball tends to drop on him. I will pass

Mindset looks like I will run thru a brick wall. Yeah maybe in conference but not in the pros. Not even gonna try to change it. Don’t think he’s pocket/arm talented enough to make it worth it.

Pass, I never understood the hype about him on this board, I've seen a fair amount of errant throws from him.

Tyree Jackson is also getting a lot of hype because of his size but I don't think he's an accurate passer.

White's tackling technique in open space wasn't great in that game, but that dude got some speed on him.

White's tackling technique in open space wasn't great in that game, but that dude got some speed on him.

Yeah he overruns the ball in space. I think it’s more the athlete fluidity wise isn’t elite level and he comes in too hot. Gonna have to break down more in the pros.

Pass, I never understood the hype about him on this board, I've seen a fair amount of errant throws from him.

Tyree Jackson is also getting a lot of hype because of his size but I don't think he's an accurate passer.

I mean Carson Wentz had a cannon for an arm and a hell of a lot better frame for contact. This kid looks like a college overachiever type to me. Maxed out in a lot of ways and I don’t think the pocket passer can offset the mindset at the next level. Which imo is play to contact.

I just don’t see it nor do I see the upside to make it worth investing in.

I mean Carson Wentz had a cannon for an arm and a hell of a lot better frame for contact. This kid looks like a college overachiever type to me. Maxed out in a lot of ways and I don’t think the pocket passer can offset the mindset at the next level. Which imo is play to contact.

I just don’t see it nor do I see the upside to make it worth investing in.

Agreed, thoughts on the the Texas DE ?

Yeah he overruns the ball in space. I think it’s more the athlete fluidity wise isn’t elite level and he comes in too hot. Gonna have to break down more in the pros.

I was watching more of Kyler, that dude has a much more conservative play style than I thought.

He will always chose the easy drag before the 1on1 go, very different from Baker mindset.

There always seems to be movement up and down on draft night, and this year it wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders did something wild like trade Derek Carr and draft Kyler Murray, after all they traded Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper. Imagine that as a parting blow to the city of Oakland? Kyler Murray shuns the Oakland A's and the MLB for the departing Oakland Raiders and the NFL.

With that in mind, here is how I have the first twelve picks falling:

1 - Quinnen Williams, DT, Cardinals; 2 - Nick Bosa, DE, 49ers; 3 - Jonah Williams, OT, Jets; 4 - Kyler Murray, QB, Raiders; 5 - Josh Allen, DE/OLB, Buccaneers; 6 - Dwyane Haskins, QB, Giants; 7 - Ed Oliver, DT, Jaguars; 8 - Clelin Ferrell, DE, Lions; 9 - Greg Little, OT, Bills; 10 - Drew Lock, QB, Broncos; 11 - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Bengals; 12 - Rashan Gray, DE, Packers

So who would I take if this scenario occurs?

1. Devin White, LB: We have a dire need for a stud linebacker and Devin White is the highlight of this year's class. I'm not convinced he will fall to us, but if he does we shouldn't hesitate in handing in our card with his name on. He could be a clear difference maker on the defensive side of the ball.

2. Greedy Williams, CB: Another player I'm not convinced will fall out of the top ten, but if there is a rush on QBs that could end up being the case. Now we do have an excellent young CB in Xavien Howard, imagine pairing Greedy Williams with him? In a division that still features Tom Brady, and young two rising quarterbacks, having a pair of stud corners could help boost our defense. If we went with Williams, I'd utilise Minkah at safety.

3. Montez Sweat, DE: A more realistic option to be available when we draft is Montez Sweat. I like his production in the SEC, and he has the athleticism and size to be a potentially really good pass rusher. We have a clear need on the defensive line with Robert Quinn and Andre Branch being potential cap casualties, and even if they stay, there's the possibility that Cameron Wake leaves in free agency. Plus even if Wake stays, he's 36 years old and approaching the end of his career. So we need to add some youth to our defensive line.

4. Cody Ford, OG/OT: Not a sexy draft pick, but this guy has a ton of quality and upside. Some project him to remain as a tackle in the NFL, so he could be our new starting right tackle if we decide to move on from Ja'Wuan James. Alternatively some believe he'll be a guard in the NFL, so that could help us upgrade our interior. Either way, this kid could be an excellent pick for us and help solidify our questionable OL.

There might be 5 or 6 tackles drafted in the 1st.

DTs

Oliver
Williams
Wilkins
Gary
Lawrence
Simmons

DE

Sweat
Ferrell
Allen
Bosa

Edge

Josh Allen
Burns
Polite

I think that covers everyone...this is perhaps the deepest draft for that front group.

If you add in White and Bush

Almost half of the 1st round could be front 7 defenders

Back
Top Bottom