Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders?

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seatle for two 2nd rounders?

• Total voters
Absolutely! Don't be fooled Dolfans. Reggie Bush is a nice player but he is not elite. Besides, he will not be on this team in 2013 anyway. We can get 2 starters with those picks

If I was coach Philbin the answer would be "NO ****ING WAY!"

If I was Jeff Ireland the answer would be "Absolutely!"

Nobody would ever give us two 2nd round picks for Reggie Bush, they would be absolutely high off their ass to give up that much for a guy like Reggie.

I'd probably trade him for a 3rd, and I'd be kinda surprised if we even got that much. Reggie is a back who relies almost solely on speed, for a 27 year old he has a lot of wear and tear on his tires, he's almost never stayed healthy and he's going into a contract year. This has become a passing league and backs that can give you just over 1000 yards are a dime a dozen if u have a half decent offensive line. Reggie Bush isn't nearly as indispensable as some think.

Yep a third is slighty higher than I would have him valued. A late 3rd early 4th. One 2nd round pick is obsurd, but two is just silly. For a 2nd round pick I would give them Bush and throw in John Jerry and/or Koa Misi or Chris Clemons. Bush is not a great back, not even close. He had one solid year and people around here thinks he's Barry Sanders. He's 27 and he's had one 1000 yard season, he stays injured, and will be a FA next year. He will play 12 games for us this year, rush for 700 yds and be some where else next year.

Shoot, give me a 4th and a 6th and I will help pack his bags.

If I was coach Philbin the answer would be "NO ****ING WAY!"

If I was Jeff Ireland the answer would be "Absolutely!"

Yeah this is why i said no, also as a fan i'd like to see Bush play here a few more years.......But if i'm the GM of this team two number 2's it could help you land any player ya wanted in the draft.

Not saying that I wouldn't do it but I'm surprised that the voting is such a landslide considering we never draft anyone in the second that is as good as Bush.........but yeah I'd still pull the trigger

DcRy82 said "It doesn't matter what we are targeting in the next draft. It doesn't matter how much money he demands next year. And it doesn't matter if he rushes for another 1,000+ yards. To be able to get two 2nd round picks for arguably the most easily replaceable position in the NFL, you take that and RUN. That being said, I could never see that happening."

I don't see how you can say that quality RB play is easily replaceable. Things may be different now in the NFL, but throughout the Marino years
the lack of a quality running back and defense
are the very reasons we could not win enough to get to a Superbowl. So many times we would easily run up the score on our opponents, only to find we didn't have a clock eating running game nor a defense that could be counted on to stop average offenses from catching up. I'm very doubtful that we should give up Reggie Bush unless we KNOW we have a quality replacement for him.

You can't compare the running game during the Marino years to the running game of today. Two completely different leagues.

RB are a dime a dozen in today's game. It's a QB league.

You can take the exact same teams that Marino had during his best years and win unlimited Super Bowls today.

You can't compare the running game during the Marino years to the running game of today. Two completely different leagues.

RB are a dime a dozen in today's game. It's a QB league.

You can take the exact same teams that Marino had during his best years and win unlimited Super Bowls today.

And yet the Giants and the Steelers keep going to superbowls running the ball and playing defense. Marino had a good defense the first few years. When that went away so did our SB chances.
I believe several RB's have signed huge contracts resently so many teams value them still. It's a passing league but great running attacks and solid D still work also like the poster mentioned.

And yet the Giants and the Steelers keep going to superbowls running the ball and playing defense. Marino had a good defense the first few years. When that went away so did our SB chances.
I believe several RB's have signed huge contracts resently so many teams value them still. It's a passing league but great running attacks and solid D still work also like the poster mentioned.

Teams handing out huge contracts to a position whose shelf-life is three years or less...that's on them.

And the teams handing out those huge contracts, aren't the Giants and Steelers.

No way would I want the Dolphins doing that.

You CAN and WILL be productive with a solid running game and defense. That works IF you have a solid passing attack as well. You can't just show up and run the football and expect to win big. You can have a nice defense, but the league benefits offenses and great offenses trump great defenses these days as a result.

Giants and Steelers were in the SB while both had terrible running games. In fact, pretty sure the Giants were dead last in the league in running the ball this past year. Green Bay was in the bottom 5 or 6 the prior year, and Pittsburg was in the bottom 3rd in 08. All those teams won due to QB play and the passing game. New Orleans had a good run game the year they won, but no one will argue the major reason they won.

Won't argue that most had solid to very good defenses though and those that gave up yards in GB and NO both had a knack of getting turnovers.

Why play this "would you" game? There's a reality and there's a fantasy world. In the world of reality, that **** isn't happening. End of story.

Pjack your right about the Giants ranking last. Still teams with great defenses teams would rather run the ball. S. Fran did pretty good following this formula. So did Baltimore. More than one way to skin a cat :)

The last team to win a super bowl with a run game, a great defense and a crappy qb was Baltimore. And when did it happen before that? Reggie Bush IS replaceable. And in reference to the post about our RBs in the Marino era, Bush is not the type of back that would have capped off games for us and worn out defenses. And I wasn't saying RB is an irrelevant position, just that it's more easily replaced than any other in the league (not counting special teams). Therefore, two 2nd rounders would be more than sufficient compensation.

Back
Top Bottom