Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders?

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seatle for two 2nd rounders?

• Total voters
Sometimes you have to think outside the box. The way we are currently constructed, you just have to wonder if he'll be apart of our future plans. If not, and if we're putting more emphasis on building through the draft, and if we're not expected to win now, why not at least explore our options?

OK, I'll admit the idea is something to consider, IF we can be sure we won't need a player with his unique abilities. I think it VERY unlikely we don't need Bush in this offense. I also think its very short siighted to write our chances off this year considering that our team played solid football to end the season last year. Should we really assume that Philbin and company can't actually improve on that momentum and take us further along to the promised land this year? Let's wait and see is all I'm saying.

We traded Marshall for two 3rds, so why would any team trad two 2nds for a 27 year old RB>?

You lost me at "we are deep at rb!!"
We may have too much unknown talent at the position to determine that, but there is alot of potential depth that I just so happen to have an optimistic outlook on.

Hell yea, but lets face it......he isnt worth that. Maybe one second rounder.....if that. Why the talk?? Did we put him on the block??

We traded Marshall for two 3rds, so why would any team trad two 2nds for a 27 year old RB>?
We could have gotten more for Brandon if he wasn't such a head case. And quite as kept, Seattle has coveted Reggie since his days in New Orleans. Plus I wouldn't put it past that organization to do something out of the ordinary (Matt Flynn contract?).

Hell yea, but lets face it......he isnt worth that
Let's not forget how highly touted he was coming out of college. He was selected #2 overall, when everybody thought he was a sure bet to go 1st. Statistically he's coming off his best year as a pro. He still has that rare speed that you can't teach. And the man is multifaceted on the field! He proved he can run between the tackles. You can spread him out wide as a WR. And he can return punts. And he has 3 full seasons before he reaches the dreaded 30 mark for RB's. I say he is well worth two 2's.

We aren't deep at RB and in reality Reggie may be our best WR this year. Even then you have to say yes. Would be stupid not to.

2 #2's is not happening for Reggie though. He wouldn't get that much in trade.

Did anyone watch Reggie Bush last year? Has anyone followed his career even a lil bit?

Reggie Bush appears to be entering his prime. He proved from the start he can be a X-factor with the Saints. I remember his last year or two with the Saints, there was a couple primetime games where Bush looked like a pure runner. Announcers would talk about how he was improving in between the tackles. Then he comes to Miami and midway through the season Bush ran amazing.

Hard to believe he doesnt have a good 3 years left, if not more. Dont trade Reggie Bush in his prime and he is by far the best player on offense.

i doubt you'd get one 2nd rounder...but to answer the question heck yeah i would and i'd fly him there on my own dime...

You don't get it man, our 2nd round is cursed. Must I go back farther? Beck, Satele, Roth, Moore... Feeley and Culpepper. I'm not pulling names from a hat here, that's almost a decade of 2nd round busts. You're calling me crazy? I'm just playing devil's advocate anyway.

In theory: it's a nobrainer
In practice: not so much.

Must I post a highlight clip to remind us that, at times last year, he was the most dominant offensive player we've had on this team since RW v1.0? The RBs are a dime-a-dozen argument doesn't sit well with me as a dolphin fan growing up in the 80s and 90s. Nobodys offering up 2 2nds anyway, although with the way he throws picks around, I wouldn't put it past Carroll.

Just because we suck at using our second round picks doesnt mean second round picks are worthless. Just means our GM's are worthless.

You don't get it man, our 2nd round is cursed. Must I go back farther? Beck, Satele, Roth, Moore... Feeley and Culpepper. I'm not pulling names from a hat here, that's almost a decade of 2nd round busts. You're calling me crazy? I'm just playing devil's advocate anyway.

In theory: it's a nobrainer
In practice: not so much.

Must I post a highlight clip to remind us that, at times last year, he was the most dominant offensive player we've had on this team since RW v1.0? The RBs are a dime-a-dozen argument doesn't sit well with me as a dolphin fan growing up in the 80s and 90s. Nobodys offering up 2 2nds anyway, although with the way he throws picks around, I wouldn't put it past Carroll.

Cursed?

:lol:

We may have too much unknown talent at the position to determine that, but there is alot of potential depth that I just so happen to have an optimistic outlook on.

Yuuuuuup and every time I but a Mega Millions our Powerball ticket I am 6 numbers from potentially being a millionaire. Realistically though we have a back field full of what ifs including Bush.

Just because we suck at using our second round picks doesnt mean second round picks are worthless. Just means our GM's are worthless.

My point is that draft talent, even from the first round, is largely unknown. If I'm GM or head coach, I go with what I know as long as I can. I try to be as informed as I can be about the players I MUST choose from in the draft. But I don't beg to enter that crap shoot by using up quality/known talent in the process. The bottom line is that we all know there is no sure thing in the draft, especially from the 2nd round on down. Our history with the second round has proven that in spades over the past decade. To me, it makes far more sense to utilize and develop what we have and only enter the crap shoot that is the draft when its given to us. UNLESS, and its a big UNLESS, someone offers us compensation that's impossible to refuse. And the only thing , in my opinion, that's impossible to refuse, is an existing player who's performance is KNOWN to have matched or exceeded the player we are giving up AND we are given draft picks AND we have a need at the position being offered AND we are certain we can afford to give up a quality player at the position in question.

Back
Top Bottom