Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders?

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seatle for two 2nd rounders?

• Total voters
My point is that draft talent, even from the first round, is largely unknown. If I'm GM or head coach, I go with what I know as long as I can. I try to be as informed as I can be about the players I MUST choose from in the draft. But I don't beg to enter that crap shoot by using up quality/known talent in the process. The bottom line is that we all know there is no sure thing in the draft, especially from the 2nd round on down. Our history with the second round has proven that in spades over the past decade. To me, it makes far more sense to utilize and develop what we have and only enter the crap shoot that is the draft when its given to us. UNLESS, and its a big UNLESS, someone offers us compensation that's impossible to refuse. And the only thing , in my opinion, that's impossible to refuse, is an existing player who's performance is KNOWN to have matched or exceeded the player we are giving up AND we are given draft picks AND we have a need at the position being offered AND we are certain we can afford to give up a quality player at the position in question.

We are incompetant. There is no denying that. Other teams dont have problems consistently hitting on high draft picks. Its why teams like the Lions go from rags to riches while we stay hovering around mediocre. Im not sure where this myth came from that second round picks are a huge risk, but its absurd. In the previous CBA second round picks were coveted because they had the talent of first rounders(or close to it) without the finacial liability. Our history is what we should be trying to correct, not avoiding great value like the plague.

Where is it written in the annals of history that Reggie Bush is "known to perform"? He had 1 season of hitting the most basic marker for a running back. I am simply amazed that people are losing their minds over hitting 1k yards. Thats considered the bare minimum of being a successful back in this league, if you have less then a thousand yards you had a bad season. I suppose we have enough practice at throwing praise at mediocrity, but come on people.

It is very easy to refute the notion of "an existing player whos performance is known......" Its a coaches and GM's job to known when to unload players before they go on the downslide of their careers. The Eagles are BRILLIANT at getting the best value possible for players who can no longer hold up. If a player is "known to perform" is also entering a age where his decline is inevitable, i dont care what he did to get "known" you dump him for the best value possible. A 27 year old running back with a history of injuries who only had a single good season certainly fits that bill.

One of the major reasons why we havent had a winning season in over 3 years is because we havent gotten good value. Whether its over drafting players, missing on second round picks, signing crap players to huge contracts, or refusing to unload players as they reach their limit, its all about mismanagement of value. We should NOT look to continue this habit. We should NOT try to avoid second round picks just because the people in charge are idiots. What we should be doing is trying to bring in someone who can hit with those second round picks. We should be trying to emulate some of the best teams in the league.
Instead, we are seriously having a discussion concerning a aging player with a history of injuries who plays the most easily replacable position in football and whether we should really let him walk if we get offered a fortune.

All you Playstation kids posting from the upstairs bedroom need to get a CLUE. This team has ZERO impact offensive talent outside of Bush now and you want to trade him away. Quit playing Monopoly and collecting draft picks like they were little green and red houses.

This "running backs are a dime a dozen" fad is pure GARBAGE. A GREAT running back is pure $$$. The journeymen and wannabes are all over the place but what good do they do for a team. Miller and Messam are camp fodder until they show something w/ pads on, and I believe Thomas is a BUST and a waste of time. Somewhere Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris are laughing together with me.

Anyone who actually has watched the NFL for longer than the last 3 years knows that RBs are critical to a teams success. As late as the early 00's we were literally being carried as a team by pothead. We have not been the same without him. The last time we won a playoff game Lamar Smith ran wild and outshined Peyton Manning.

And what's more, a team is made by VETERAN proven talent. You guys who think a 27-year old is over the hill are probably all pimply teenagers who can't see life past the next party. You CANNOT have a team with nothing but wannabes who get unloaded after 3 years in the league. Youth ain't everything.

We are incompetant. There is no denying that. Other teams dont have problems consistently hitting on high draft picks. Its why teams like the Lions go from rags to riches while we stay hovering around mediocre. Im not sure where this myth came from that second round picks are a huge risk, but its absurd. In the previous CBA second round picks were coveted because they had the talent of first rounders(or close to it) without the finacial liability. Our history is what we should be trying to correct, not avoiding great value like the plague.

Where is it written in the annals of history that Reggie Bush is "known to perform"? He had 1 season of hitting the most basic marker for a running back. I am simply amazed that people are losing their minds over hitting 1k yards. Thats considered the bare minimum of being a successful back in this league, if you have less then a thousand yards you had a bad season. I suppose we have enough practice at throwing praise at mediocrity, but come on people.

It is very easy to refute the notion of "an existing player whos performance is known......" Its a coaches and GM's job to known when to unload players before they go on the downslide of their careers. The Eagles are BRILLIANT at getting the best value possible for players who can no longer hold up. If a player is "known to perform" is also entering a age where his decline is inevitable, i dont care what he did to get "known" you dump him for the best value possible. A 27 year old running back with a history of injuries who only had a single good season certainly fits that bill.

One of the major reasons why we havent had a winning season in over 3 years is because we havent gotten good value. Whether its over drafting players, missing on second round picks, signing crap players to huge contracts, or refusing to unload players as they reach their limit, its all about mismanagement of value. We should NOT look to continue this habit. We should NOT try to avoid second round picks just because the people in charge are idiots. What we should be doing is trying to bring in someone who can hit with those second round picks. We should be trying to emulate some of the best teams in the league.
Instead, we are seriously having a discussion concerning a aging player with a history of injuries who plays the most easily replacable position in football and whether we should really let him walk if we get offered a fortune.

This. This so much. But I guess according to some people, our 2nd round is cursed and we should just give away our picks in that round.

All you Playstation kids posting from the upstairs bedroom need to get a CLUE. This team has ZERO impact offensive talent outside of Bush now and you want to trade him away. Quit playing Monopoly and collecting draft picks like they were little green and red houses.

This "running backs are a dime a dozen" fad is pure GARBAGE. A GREAT running back is pure $$$. The journeymen and wannabes are all over the place but what good do they do for a team. Miller and Messam are camp fodder until they show something w/ pads on, and I believe Thomas is a BUST and a waste of time. Somewhere Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris are laughing together with me.

Anyone who actually has watched the NFL for longer than the last 3 years knows that RBs are critical to a teams success. As late as the early 00's we were literally being carried as a team by pothead. We have not been the same without him. The last time we won a playoff game Lamar Smith ran wild and outshined Peyton Manning.

Think you should change your UN to istoppedwatchingfootballafter72.

My point is that draft talent, even from the first round, is largely unknown. If I'm GM or head coach, I go with what I know as long as I can. I try to be as informed as I can be about the players I MUST choose from in the draft. But I don't beg to enter that crap shoot by using up quality/known talent in the process. The bottom line is that we all know there is no sure thing in the draft, especially from the 2nd round on down. Our history with the second round has proven that in spades over the past decade. To me, it makes far more sense to utilize and develop what we have and only enter the crap shoot that is the draft when its given to us. UNLESS, and its a big UNLESS, someone offers us compensation that's impossible to refuse. And the only thing , in my opinion, that's impossible to refuse, is an existing player who's performance is KNOWN to have matched or exceeded the player we are giving up AND we are given draft picks AND we have a need at the position being offered AND we are certain we can afford to give up a quality player at the position in question.

So by this logic, we should trade all our picks for proven players, right?

Reggie Bush has one thing going for him: The games eventually will be played. At that point he becomes what he's always been, an extraordinary talent. The offseason on this forum always has a hilarious impact in Reggie's case, transforming him into Lorenzo Booker. That was true years ago and obviously it holds today, regardless of who he plays for. Stubbornness has firm root. We tout garbage like Jimmy Wilson while pretending Reggie Bush is no more than a 3rd rounder, or 4th and 6, to quote my particular favorite.

I certainly hope that guy doesn't speculate. On anything.

As a block, don't forget to gulp when Reggie makes his first wow move of the preseason. It was priceless last year in the first preseason game when Reggie flashed ability this franchise hadn't witnessed in years and fans who had long foolishly denounced him were struggling to rationalize it, and how to react. The unguarded newcomers had no trouble celebrating a rare dangerous player but the long term Reggie knockers seemed desperate to run around the kitchen corner and pout, refusing to look at the screen.

I voted no, primarily because I enjoy voting no in polls like this, and partially to counter the absurd over valuing of 2nd to 3rd round picks in return for special players. You win big with a handful of great players, not bushels of second and third tier guys.

I'll say no to another assertion in this thread, that the '84 Dolphins would thrive toward titles today. The NFL remains moderately tolerable only because the postseason threatens to resemble old time football. Physical play is allowed in the secondary. Whistles are swallowed. It's markedly different than the fluff regular season, where unbeaten is a distinct possibility every season for a handful of teams with premier quarterbacks. Those Dolphins were small slow and vulnerable on defense and I think they'd be similarly exposed today against the handful of legitimate teams, when it mattered.

Reggie Bush has one thing going for him: The games eventually will be played. At that point he becomes what he's always been, an extraordinary talent. The offseason on this forum always has a hilarious impact in Reggie's case, transforming him into Lorenzo Booker. That was true years ago and obviously it holds today, regardless of who he plays for. Stubbornness has firm root. We tout garbage like Jimmy Wilson while pretending Reggie Bush is no more than a 3rd rounder, or 4th and 6, to quote my particular favorite.

I certainly hope that guy doesn't speculate. On anything.

As a block, don't forget to gulp when Reggie makes his first wow move of the preseason. It was priceless last year in the first preseason game when Reggie flashed ability this franchise hadn't witnessed in years and fans who had long foolishly denounced him were struggling to rationalize it, and how to react. The unguarded newcomers had no trouble celebrating a rare dangerous player but the long term Reggie knockers seemed desperate to run around the kitchen corner and pout, refusing to look at the screen.

I voted no, primarily because I enjoy voting no in polls like this, and partially to counter the absurd over valuing of 2nd to 3rd round picks in return for special players. You win big with a handful of great players, not bushels of second and third tier guys.

I'll say no to another assertion in this thread, that the '84 Dolphins would thrive toward titles today. The NFL remains moderately tolerable only because the postseason threatens to resemble old time football. Physical play is allowed in the secondary. Whistles are swallowed. It's markedly different than the fluff regular season, where unbeaten is a distinct possibility every season for a handful of teams with premier quarterbacks. Those Dolphins were small slow and vulnerable on defense and I think they'd be similarly exposed today against the handful of legitimate teams, when it mattered.

Im a fan of Reggie as a player, but I really cant justify passing up two 2nd rounders for an injury prone running back that has one 1000 yard season.

Not even a debate you do that trade in a heartbeat. Seattle can't be that stupid though. Oh wait, look who they drafted in Rd 1

But of course! Echoing what everyone else has said, though, it's pretty much a pipedream at this point. Seattle would NEVER so crazy to do something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom